Indoor window cleaning pole pads?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Can anyone recommend doodle bug type pads for cleaning 2nd & 3rd floor interior windows via pole?

Currently getting my ass kicked with the ones I have leaving more streaks then legally allowed.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Um, not me but... Have you tried a stack ladder for inside?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Um, not me but... Have you tried a stack ladder for inside?
No what's a stack ladder Ken?

I really want to get the pole working as I have thousands invested into it.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Here is a link to the ladders at ABC window cleaning supply... http://www.window-cleaning-supply.com/ladders/

They are called "sectional ladders" We always called them stack ladders because the sections stack one on top of the other. That way you only carry in six foot sections and stack them as high as 3 stories. That way you don't have to use a big unwieldy 24 foot extension ladder.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Here is a link to the ladders at ABC window cleaning supply... http://www.window-cleaning-supply.com/ladders/

They are called "sectional ladders" We always called them stack ladders because the sections stack one on top of the other. That way you only carry in six foot sections and stack them as high as 3 stories. That way you don't have to use a big unwieldy 24 foot extension ladder.
Any idea what they weigh? Didn't see that in the description.

That ladder would be nice for getting on some of the roofs I have to deal with where the pole won't reach. Not sure if I could get a good enough angle on that for inside work.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Not that much about 5 lbs each. Not really sure but it doesn't feel heavy. Watch some youtubes with it in action.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Not that much about 5 lbs each. Not really sure but it doesn't feel heavy. Watch some youtubes with it in action.
Whoa that's awesome. I'll take a look.

Jan 13, 2016
Real Name
Aston Fletcher
Unger Indoor Pads. The plain green stitched one cleans/scrubs, then use the fluffy dark green to buff out the excess. Use only pure/distilled water. Some guys use sprayaway but I don't like that solution personally. VERY popular on some window cleaning supplier sites.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Unger Indoor Pads. The plain green stitched one cleans/scrubs, then use the fluffy dark green to buff out the excess. Use only pure/distilled water. Some guys use sprayaway but I don't like that solution personally. VERY popular on some window cleaning supplier sites.
I tried the green pads and blue ones made by IPC Eagle and the results are atrocious :(

Do you clean with interior pads on a regular basis? I'd love some tips!

I keep getting something that looks like a white smear all over the windows. I've used pure water, alcohol/pure water mix, Sprayaway :D and denatured alcohol. I just can't get rid of the smear.

Ladder won't work in this place, the design is terrible.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I tried the green pads and blue ones made by IPC Eagle and the results are atrocious :(

Do you clean with interior pads on a regular basis? I'd love some tips!

I keep getting something that looks like a white smear all over the windows. I've used pure water, alcohol/pure water mix, Sprayaway :D and denatured alcohol. I just can't get rid of the smear.

Ladder won't work in this place, the design is terrible.
Is there a waterhole attachment/an recovery for interior work Mike? Was just talking to a friend yesterday who has a nice water pole setup, but had trouble reaching interior Windows without a lift. Also a very jacked up design but super tall windows at a theater

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Is there a waterhole attachment/an recovery for interior work Mike? Was just talking to a friend yesterday who has a nice water pole setup, but had trouble reaching interior Windows without a lift. Also a very jacked up design but super tall windows at a theater
To my knowledge there's no interior kit with any kind of recovery system. They do have some that mists the pure water onto the glass and then the cleaning pad is there to clean and recover the water.

It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to have some kind of recovery system.

As it stands the pads seem to suck. I was checking on another website dedicated to water cleaning and pretty much everyone echos those thoughts on interior cleaning with pads.

The pole sure is nice inside though. The glass I had to reach is on the 2nd story, but there's no floor there. Plus there's glass above some offices and again no floor. I was able to reach it all with my pole. But the pads are leaving a milky white smear on the glass.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
To my knowledge there's no interior kit with any kind of recovery system. They do have some that mists the pure water onto the glass and then the cleaning pad is there to clean and recover the water.

It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to have some kind of recovery system.

As it stands the pads seem to suck. I was checking on another website dedicated to water cleaning and pretty much everyone echos those thoughts on interior cleaning with pads.

The pole sure is nice inside though. The glass I had to reach is on the 2nd story, but there's no floor there. Plus there's glass above some offices and again no floor. I was able to reach it all with my pole. But the pads are leaving a milky white smear on the glass.
Same issue with his some areas over 2stories cuz it's a big front glass for theatre. To top it off the tint is getting older and it takes a beating from sun and heat. So when he cleans with his pole it's sticking to tint leaving streaks

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Same issue with his some areas over 2stories cuz it's a big front glass for theatre. To top it off the tint is getting older and it takes a beating from sun and heat. So when he cleans with his pole it's sticking to tint leaving streaks
Ouch!

Did he try using alcohol mix?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Ouch!

Did he try using alcohol mix?
Dunno I'll ask. He did the job again and they skipped those windows. Mgr said not to worry about it but it really bugged him.

Windows here are a pain because of extreme heat in summer. You have to work very fast. He's really good his squeegee/blade doesn't come of glass till he's done with that pane. One motion pretty cool

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Dunno I'll ask. He did the job again and they skipped those windows. Mgr said not to worry about it but it really bugged him.

Windows here are a pain because of extreme heat in summer. You have to work very fast. He's really good his squeegee/blade doesn't come of glass till he's done with that pane. One motion pretty cool
lol sounds like the same scenario as me. The heat is pretty bad on the 2nd level where I need to clean, I don't think the A/C even cools the air up there. So maybe alcohol won't help him either. Unger makes a 'shaggy' cleaning pad that might not stick to the tint.

Yeah I can do the same with a squeegee :) It's pretty cool watching peoples reaction to the process. Like how the heck did you do that?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
He tried teaching me once, I said forgetta about it lol. I hate windows. I pass on Windows to him if at all possible

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
He tried teaching me once, I said forgetta about it lol. I hate windows. I pass on Windows to him if at all possible
It's really easy to do. You basically chase the water down the glass. There's a squeegee called the wagtail that makes that crazy motion easy to do. I used that a few times to learn and then switched to a regular squeegee.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Can anyone recommend doodle bug type pads for cleaning 2nd & 3rd floor interior windows via pole?

Currently getting my ass kicked with the ones I have leaving more streaks then legally allowed.
Unger has an indoor window kit...... Doesn't work aswell as one would like, but j haven't found anything else yet

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Try car windscreen additive....
I like "bars bugs" but really any good quality windscreen additive will work!!
Squeege Windows
walk away
crystal clear windows
Don't worry about drips etc
They dry beautifully clear and our tap water here is very hard too...
As a youngster I used to work at an auto parts store on the coast,
Manager says go clean all the windows....
He must have seen the look on my face...
Says here I'll make it easy for you son...
Hot water in bucket
Squeeze of additive
And a standard auto parts store brand cheap long handled squeegee
He does the first HUGE shop front window
Cleaned it quickly/half assed and walked away with some drips n streaks but looked almost OK
He says don't worry about being too fussy...?
told me to do the second one..
As I finished he says there u go look at the first one...
No streaks or drips perfect!!!
So I've been cleaning windows the same way ever since
Does well on hot glass too!!
Thanks Corey, but this is for trying to clean indoors with a pad :) I have a pure water system for the outside windows.

Nice job on impressing your old boss.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Unger has an indoor window kit...... Doesn't work aswell as one would like, but j haven't found anything else yet
Hey Jeff, I have those Unger pads and honestly they aren't cutting the cheese. They need to stay moist too or they are impossible to move across a glass surface.

I think these indoor kits are made for maintaining glass that is already relatively clean.