Indie-game team looking for somebody for a Q&A

Zerotec

Apr 9, 2015
Real Name
T F
I am currently working on a small indie game together with some friends, and parts of it revolve around the daily work of a crime scene cleaner. We thought that it's an interesting topic for a game. It's intriguing because nobody can really imagine how it is to work on a job like this and it offers interesting possibilities to tell a story differently. It won't be anything that portrays this profession super realistically, because it's much too complex. We have to simplify everything to make it work gameplaywise.

It's really hard to find detailed information about work procedures via google. I am looking for someone who's daily job it is to clean crime scenes and who is willing to answer some questions (workflows, common problems, daily routine...nothing too detailed). It would really be a great help to us :)

Reactions: admin

Zerotec

Apr 9, 2015
Real Name
T F
It's kinda sad that nobody replied after more than 300 views. Maybe it was my fault, because I didn't give any details about our game project. It's called ◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷ and we've been working on it for a few months. It's a retro 2D pixel game that will combine a lot of different game genres. At the moment the whole dialogue system has priority, but it would help tremendously to talk with somebody about the cleaning procedures, to structure this part of the gameplay right.

RigidDistantLamb.gif

You can find our detailed Devlog over at TIG:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45864.60

here is also a link to our Indie-DB page:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/do-not-cross

Maybe the additional info has sparked some interest. Would really be cool to find somebody who is willing to answer some questions about this profession :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Krall

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
If you want to call, I will be glad to answer as many questions as I can. I di that work for a few years. Currently work in manufacturing products for the folks that do the work.

I am pretty busy until June 18th. Call after that and I will have more time to talk 800 660-5803 extension 2136. 8 AM until 4:30 PM Mountain time zone or email [email protected]

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
It's kinda sad that nobody replied after more than 300 views. Maybe it was my fault, because I didn't give any details about our game project. It's called ◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷ and we've been working on it for a few months. It's a retro 2D pixel game that will combine a lot of different game genres. At the moment the whole dialogue system has priority, but it would help tremendously to talk with somebody about the cleaning procedures, to structure this part of the gameplay right.

RigidDistantLamb.gif

You can find our detailed Devlog over at TIG:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45864.60

here is also a link to our Indie-DB page:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/do-not-cross

Maybe the additional info has sparked some interest. Would really be cool to find somebody who is willing to answer some questions about this profession :)

Game sounds cool, never encountered one on like this on the PC before.

Wish I could help you, but never did any cleaning like that before.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Sometimes after I Mexican food my ASS feels like a crime scene, the last time I think there was even some blood....might have just been chili peppers though.....does that count?

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
A intro video for each situation including the crime itself would be edgy. Showing what happened in the dwelling. Maybe too much but I don't know what your going for exactly. And the growth of bacteria in time lapse shown in various colors. Cause what your dealing with is not just the pools of red or black blood. I would imagine. I stay clear of this for the most part. Not my thing. Very few are trained to do this. So you wont find many carpet cleaners that could actually help you. But there out there. Few on here. use the search and you will find them. tag them and they will see your thread.