bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
Any of you guys have sapphires scientific in-line filter that’s shaped like a box and if so can you tell me how you like it in comparison to others such as the devastator, etc...

I have enough Legend Rewards to purchase it but wanted to hear your thoughts first.

Thank you guys

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Any of you guys have sapphires scientific in-line filter that’s shaped like a box and if so can you tell me how you like it in comparison to others such as the devastator, etc...

I have enough Legend Rewards to purchase it but wanted to hear your thoughts first.

Thank you guys
Love mine, we put 5 gal paint strainer over the cage filter so it is easy to clean. The only other filter I've tried was the plastic hydro force filter. Just an FYI if you end up getting one, it will leak a bit from the gaskets when not under pressure, I think it's designed that way to flex when in use and relax when not in use.

Reactions: bill

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Love mine, we put 5 gal paint strainer over the cage filter so it is easy to clean. The only other filter I've tried was the plastic hydro force filter. Just an FYI if you end up getting one, it will leak a bit from the gaskets when not under pressure, I think it's designed that way to flex when in use and relax when not in use.
Yes we have one and we also have Robs filter. Robs filter wins hand down. Maintains vacuum much longer and no issues with gaskets or cracking since its stainless steel.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've had good luck with my sapphire filter. Would probably go with robs given a choice but points are points. Go for the filter or one of the sapphire upholstery tools.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My thoughts exactly. I already have the upholstery tool as well
The upholstery tool from Sapphire is the best hands down. But trust me, Rob's filter is much superior.

I'm saving you some headaches here.

Reactions: rob allen and bill

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Part reason I helped make a filter was to avoid filters like there’s.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Link me Rob

Sure.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
There’s filters in the waste tank
No offense but very ignorant comment. The filter in the tank fills up quickly and you'll lose vacuum up to 50% very quickly. It also stops debris from ever hitting your tank. Less mess to clean up and less chance of dust/debris getting into the blower. My air filter stays much cleaner with an in-line filter.

Rob's filter works so well that I rarely have to clean the filter inside my tank.

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
No offense but very ignorant comment. The filter in the tank fills up quickly and you'll lose vacuum up to 50% very quickly. It also stops debris from ever hitting your tank. Less mess to clean up and less chance of dust/debris getting into the blower. My air filter stays much cleaner with an in-line filter.

Rob's filter works so well that I rarely have to clean the filter inside my tank.

I vacuum and crb there’s only so much room in the van repair boxes it’s hot here carpet dries in 2-3 hours

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States

Aren’t they like $600? It would be nice to have but then you have to buy the filters. There’s 2 filters inside the waste tank I just clean them.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Aren’t they like $600? It would be nice to have but then you have to buy the filters. There’s 2 filters inside the waste tank I just clean them.

I understand some guys don’t mind going in the waste tank and clean the filter. But a lot of cleaners including myself never want to go inside. Plus as mentioned before it really does make a big difference and CFM, lift-and airflow . So different strokes for different folks.

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
I understand some guys don’t mind going in the waste tank and clean the filter. But a lot of cleaners including myself never want to go inside. Plus as mentioned before it really does make a big difference and CFM, lift-and airflow . So different strokes for different
If I was in your position I would buy everything. Of course i would like to own one. I wanted the Drimaster upholstery tool remember. I waited 8 weeks then it was gonna be another 8 weeks so I had to switch to the RotoVac. I probably drove past the store a hundred times thinking man it’s just sitting in that store. But i wanted to buy it from you. I don’t feel shame not buying an inline filter sorry I don’t feel 50 percent loss of suction. I don’t have millions of dollars to buy all the carpet cleaning stuff in the world.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
If I was in your position I would buy everything. Of course i would like to own one. I wanted the Drimaster upholstery tool remember. I waited 8 weeks then it was gonna be another 8 weeks so I had to switch to the RotoVac. I probably drove past the store a hundred times thinking man it’s just sitting in that store. But i wanted to buy it from you. I don’t feel shame not buying an inline filter sorry I don’t feel 50 percent loss of suction. I don’t have millions of dollars to buy all the carpet cleaning stuff in the world.

I never understand this mentality. $600 for something you'll literally buy one time and use for the life of your business.

If you vacuum and CRB then perhaps you don't need it as badly. I just know on a rat nasty full of pet hair job with my T-Rex Jr I appreciate having the filter and replace what? I don't replace anything, I don't put a painters bag in it, it still traps everything just fine.

We literally have one truck using the Sapphire and one using Robs filter. Both machines are Apex 570's. Both machines use the same wands etc. EVERYONE who has used the truck with Robs filter has noticed it maintains vacuum much better.

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
I never understand this mentality. $600 for something you'll literally buy one time and use for the life of your business.

If you vacuum and CRB then perhaps you don't need it as badly. I just know on a rat nasty full of pet hair job with my T-Rex Jr I appreciate having the filter and replace what? I don't replace anything, I don't put a painters bag in it, it still traps everything just fine.

We literally have one truck using the Sapphire and one using Robs filter. Both machines are Apex 570's. Both machines use the same wands etc. EVERYONE who has used the truck with Robs filter has noticed it maintains vacuum much better.
I totally get it sorry if your just cleaning and it’s a fleet might as well buy it easy on the employees. A lot of my jobs are quick and easy cleans. The medium to big jobs on a fleet I’d have the TMF boss filter for sure.

Reactions: rob allen

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I have robs filter and love it as well. Never have to mess with the filters in the tank and my van doesn't smell like shit in the mornings anymore.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
The best one is the one you use! I took the basket filter out of my recovery tank and strictly use in-line filters, never tried the TMF filter but im sure I will some day and probably love it....