kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
It was going pretty good till today. I came across a traffic pattern on the 6th floor of an apartment building. Could not get the traffic patterns to improve as much as HWE. Exasperating. Would have been nice to have some Tilemaster and a truck mount.

Any suggestions Low Moisture cleaners?

Are you using an oxidizing Encap product like Peroxcellent, Hydrox or Encapuclean 02?
Additionally sometimes VLM looks better the next day.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Link me please Ryan.

The orbot can get right up to the walls because you use a cotton bonnet a bit larger than the machine head that allows you to get right up close to the walls with no problem. Keep in mind that all encap machines have their place and have their strengths.. but certain ones are more "stand-alone" than others.. CRB, OP, Cimex, 175 - all have their strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/HOS...-a-qualifying-commercial-addressBR_p_109.html

hos_1.jpg

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Are you going to use the OP for carpet only?

If so, I would look at the Oreck Lowboy with wheel kit that Excellent Supply is selling now. I own and use the Orbot all the time. Great machine and versatile. However, it's very expensive brand new.

If you're going to buy something new, use a CRB and use the OP just for carpet, then the Oreck Lowboy is what you might want to consider. If not that, then maybe a dual speed rotary like a Mytee or Tennant. Regardless, use great chems and absorbent pads.

Pre-vac + CRB + OP/175 + Groom = plenty of time invested (from my experience).

Ok Ryan I will buy this. Which OP machine is best and I will add it to the tool box. Something light and simple yet effective be nice.

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
Rob, I have run into that problem also, that is why I use the Vonschrader or my Rotovac first Then go over with with my 175.

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
Another thought, pick up an Oreck Orbitor and try that . There was one on CG for $50.00 in are area.

Brian Hanlon

Jan 8, 2013
Real Name
Brian Hanlon
Business Location
United States
The lowboy with the wheel kit is probably the best cost effective means when the crb falls a little short. It will do a better job on the difficult traffic areas and will solve your issue with tightening up too the walls and borders. The Hos is a excellent choice but at a additional cost and as I interpet "this is a experiment"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using TMF Forums mobile app

curtis 1986

Sep 4, 2011
Tennessee
Real Name
curtis huddleston
Business Location
United States
When I first started to "dabble/test" VLM cleaning I used a 175 machine for a few months, on a heavily soiled carpet I would go over it with grey fiber pads, followed up with a cotton loopy, clients loved it. So I bought an OP machine, I purchased the Trinity and have not looked back. Very happy with my purchase.

Reactions: Ryankettering

MarcusStrongDry

Jul 9, 2013
Real Name
Marcus Wendt
I think and especially from personal experience, that a CRB as a stand alone with just encap, will not cut it, at least not on nasty carpets.

When I did some tests, I found out that on heavy traffic and/or destroyed carpets, it was a must that I used compound with the pre spray.
Since the topic is only VLM, this I believe is necessary to obtain a deep cleaning.

Check out these before and after pics from someone that used our machine with pre spray and compound.
That was a pure low moisture job after the first good cleaning in years apparently.

Attachments

• 3-year-stain-pharmacist-after-pic.jpg
    3-year-stain-pharmacist-after-pic.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 3-year-stain-Pharmacist-before-pic.jpg
    3-year-stain-Pharmacist-before-pic.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 585
  • 10-year-stain-Pharmacist-after-picture.jpg
    10-year-stain-Pharmacist-after-picture.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 563
  • 10-year-stain-Pharmacist-before-picture.jpg
    10-year-stain-Pharmacist-before-picture.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 556

Bill Yeadon

Preferred Vendor
Aug 29, 2008
Indianapolis IN
https
Real Name
Bill Yeadon
Curtis, my man, how are you doing?

When I first started to "dabble/test" VLM cleaning I used a 175 machine for a few months, on a heavily soiled carpet I would go over it with grey fiber pads, followed up with a cotton loopy, clients loved it. So I bought an OP machine, I purchased the Trinity and have not looked back. Very happy with my purchase.

Neil

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
Real Name
Neil Jeremy
Business Location
United States
It was going pretty good till today. I came across a traffic pattern on the 6th floor of an apartment building. Could not get the traffic patterns to improve as much as HWE. Exasperating. Would have been nice to have some Tilemaster and a truck mount.

Any suggestions Low Moisture cleaners?

I agree with the advice on an OP/175. I have both and actually prefer the 175 on everything except berber. Hit that traffic lane with a cotton bonnet (John at Bonnetpro has some good ones) and it should make a big difference. Remember that wet is attracted to dry so make sure to put down more encap juice and use a dry bonnet.

johnnygraham88

Jan 28, 2012
MN
BreezeCarpetClean.com
Real Name
Johnny Graham
Business Location
United States
i bid a commercial job today and find it hard when giving them both HWE option and an Encap option.....How do you tell the client the difference between the two and why should they choose one over the other??

Mojo Stain Remover

Mar 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Mojo Stain Remover
Can this be used on any CRB? I would think it would only work on a Whittaker CRB... Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure on that . You might be able to if the crb you use has hole on the sides of the machine where the rods slide out and the rods are the same diameter.

Mojo Stain Remover

Mar 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Mojo Stain Remover

Clean-Team

Dec 17, 2011
South Australia
Real Name
Grant Baverstock
Business Location
Australia
For one week,with one truck all set to go. We are putting a Brush Pro crb in a wrapped van and sending a tech out. Want to see what kind of response we get along with results. If we have to follow up with truck mount we will for re-dos. Ballsy but curiosity has got me. I bleed HWE. Let's see if I can bleed VLM. Our procedure will be simple;

Prevac with dust collectors
Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap
Scrub well w/Brush Pro (blue brushes)
Post vac w/dust collectors

Suggestions appreciated. Wish us well. I will report back my findings afterwards.

Rob, just a stupid suggestion from a hack in Oz, but why not COMBINE them.

I just can't understand why more cleaners don't connect the two methods together. Offer on your service menu or whatever you use, the god service (your VLM) the terrific service (Your HWE) and the Rob Allen is The Adonis of Carpet Cleaning Service (Your Best VLM Followed by Your Best HWE).

While you Bleed BOTH VLM and HWE the carpet is bleeding soil and Mrs. Smith is bleeding money.

Grant

Reactions: StevenB.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, just a stupid suggestion from a hack in Oz, but why not COMBINE them.

I just can't understand why more cleaners don't connect the two methods together. Offer on your service menu or whatever you use, the god service (your VLM) the terrific service (Your HWE) and the Rob Allen is The Adonis of Carpet Cleaning Service (Your Best VLM Followed by Your Best HWE).

While you Bleed BOTH VLM and HWE the carpet is bleeding soil and Mrs. Smith is bleeding money.

Grant

Good one Grant.

Now here is what I am currently doing. I have purchased a nice white mini van and setting it up exclusively as a LMV. Low moisture vehicle. I will eventually take pics and few videos. I love encap and think it has a strong place in our field but HWE is still king of residential. I don't see me replacing it within 10 years. But I will keep my eyes and ears open. Until then we finally have a dedicated LMV.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I just got my crb machine delivered today. I will be testing it on an area rug tonight doing encap. Can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TMF Forums mobile app