I'm switching methods

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Rob can we see your set up? especially the crb,,, I want one! but I wanna hear what you think about it, the one you use?

Mr. Robert Allen,
Sorry to bother you, but this post started out all hot and heavy and it dropped like a
"CHICKEN THAT GOT CAUGHT IN A TRACTORS NUTS."

Please Robb can you show us your set-up and updated from the 2+ years post that had a lot of us wondering. I assuming it's an option you offer but you the Jedi of the bunch. "Interesting Minds Want To Know?" Please and Thank You

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Rob can we see your set up? especially the crb,,, I want one! but I wanna hear what you think about it, the one you use?

[
For one week,with one truck all set to go. We are putting a Brush Pro crb in a wrapped van and sending a tech out. Want to see what kind of response we get along with results. If we have to follow up with truck mount we will for re-dos. Ballsy but curiosity has got me. I bleed HWE. Let's see if I can bleed VLM. Our procedure will be simple;

Prevac with dust collectors
Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap
Scrub well w/Brush Pro (blue brushes)
Post vac w/dust collectors

Suggestions appreciated. Wish us well. I will report back my findings afterwards.
QUOTE="Rob Allen, post: 547071, member: 3"]For one week,with one truck all set to go. We are putting a Brush Pro crb in a wrapped van and sending a tech out. Want to see what kind of response we get along with results. If we have to follow up with truck mount we will for re-dos. Ballsy but curiosity has got me. I bleed HWE. Let's see if I can bleed VLM. Our procedure will be simple;

Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap

Suggestions appreciated. Wish us well. I will report back my findings afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Robert Allen,
Sorry to bother you, but this post started out all hot and heavy and it dropped like a
"CHICKEN THAT GOT CAUGHT IN A TRACTORS NUTS."

Please Robb can you show us your set-up and updated from the 2+ years post that had a lot of us wondering. I assuming it's an option you offer but you the Jedi of the bunch. "Interesting Minds Want To Know?" Please and Thank You Very Much

Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
What happened Rob Allen? Would love to know! Curious if you are still doing this? Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What happened Rob Allen? Would love to know! Curious if you are still doing this? Thank you

We ended up dedicating our box truck to VLM. It has been great for empties, hi rises, commercial and as a back up to our small fleet. Lately I have been working on a chemistry and cleaning combo that honestly may exceed my truckmounts. With the exception of urine jobs. Biggest obstacle for us is that for 35 years clients have been branded by our truckmount systems, hoses and all. But if I restarted today...

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
We ended up dedicating our box truck to VLM. It has been great for empties, hi rises, commercial and as a back up to our small fleet. Lately I have been working on a chemistry and cleaning combo that honestly may exceed my truckmounts. With the exception of urine jobs. Biggest obstacle for us is that for 35 years clients have been branded by our truckmount systems, hoses and all. But if I restarted today...

I agree, I am starting to transition my commercial work to VLM and the only issues I am having is re-educating my customers. They are use to trucks, hoses and noise.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I agree, I am starting to transition my commercial work to VLM and the only issues I am having is re-educating my customers. They are use to trucks, hoses and noise.
Agree Robert. We just show them a sample if in doubt and that usually does the trick.

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
For one week,with one truck all set to go. We are putting a Brush Pro crb in a wrapped van and sending a tech out. Want to see what kind of response we get along with results. If we have to follow up with truck mount we will for re-dos. Ballsy but curiosity has got me. I bleed HWE. Let's see if I can bleed VLM. Our procedure will be simple;

Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap

Suggestions appreciated. Wish us well. I will report back my findings afterwards.
We shall see. We shall see.

I am just merging into VLM, so I am truly excited to see and hear of the outcome on this topic!

May 15, 2016
Real Name
Joe Whitta

Hey Rob, on your commercial, do you do anymore HWE or just strictly vlm? I have some CGD that I've cleaned with vlm since installation. It looks clean and I'm wondering do I really need to HWE to flush it out. I'm on 3 years with it.

Aug 15, 2012
Real Name
douglas keil
If you mist the prespray you will not have as many problem with recurring spots when CRB. Also it keeps the prespray and soils from going down into the carpet further and harder to extract.

If you have a spot, twirl you CRB on it, this helps you scrub all side of the fiber to eradicate the spot.

Your prespray doesn't have to be an ecapulation product you can use an ecapulation product when you do extration or later as a protectant (Green Guard) is a good example.

howellsgs

Feb 15, 2011
Oregon
Real Name
Geoffrey
Business Location
United States

Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap

The hurdle will be the public image. Most people have never seen a CRB or have any clue what vlm solutions are or how they work. Personally, I use a brush pro in conjunction with HWE to perform 'hybrid' carpet cleaning. The CRB will accelerate chemical reaction as dictated by IICRC's C.H.A.T. formula. This causes soil suspension to occur rapidly and the psi on the truck can be GREATLY reduced. ( Talk about fast dry times and ZERO wicking ).

I do not feel a CRB can replace anything but it greatly enhances the work you are able to perform.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The hurdle will be the public image. Most people have never seen a CRB or have any clue what vlm solutions are or how they work. Personally, I use a brush pro in conjunction with HWE to perform 'hybrid' carpet cleaning. The CRB will accelerate chemical reaction as dictated by IICRC's C.H.A.T. formula. This causes soil suspension to occur rapidly and the psi on the truck can be GREATLY reduced. ( Talk about fast dry times and ZERO wicking ).

I do not feel a CRB can replace anything but it greatly enhances the work you are able to perform.
Actually I have used it on empties many ties and hi rises also. If you know what this are doing, little tricks trade, you can work with it just fine. However I didn't totally switch. But I have now incorporated both methods. Been great!

Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States

This hybrid carpet cleaning has been around for years btw.

Zarz

Feb 1, 2012
Victoria
Real Name
John Zahra
Business Location
Australia
I have switched all my commercial GDC clients to VLM with use of my Duplex machine over the last few months. The results have been great if not better in some cases and dry times greatly improved. No noise and long hose runs which means I can operate during business hours whereas in the past I could not. VLM definetly has its place. I also use it whenever TM hose runs are difficult or have limited access