Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Ya not sure where your 360 went wrong?

My 360i has 100% been the best purchase I've made for my business. If I would have listened to a few friends and bought the 360i first, it would have saved me a lot of money lol.

Lately I've been mostly HWE. Even on cgd, I'm wanding it first, then following with releasit DS as a post pad/protector. Getting the best results so far. I am definitely charging for this service....if they don't like the price (for dual method), then I will just use VLM. I explain the benefits....

It's really nice to have different options for each situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I ask why you choose Releaseit DS? How large of an area are you pre-spraying with it? Is the post pad protector another product or the bonnet and ds?

Hay Ryan I hope business is going well for you. Check your PM's I may have to post this question on the forums

Lefty, Thanks In Advance,
Robb from SC

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
For some reason, I've never, ever had a problem using Releasit DS, Hydrox, or Punch in commercial settings! My customers love the scent and how clean the carpet looks and stays! I've been back to repeat accounts where I've used Releasit products and the carpet cleans right up. This is due the dirt being encapsulated....

For VLM and residential carpet, the same can be said about Vacaway's products. Zero issues and nothing but happy customers.

Commercial - Releasit
Residential - Vacaway

Nov 9, 2011
IN
Real Name
Richard Snyder
Business Location
United States
For VLM and residential carpet, the same can be said about Vacaway's products. Zero issues and nothing but happy customers.

Commercial - Releasit
Residential - Vacaway
We used Vac-Away for about 2 - 3 years... we did have pretty good results. (once we figured out the correct mixture of formulas to use, in what situations) But, I did notice that the carpet was always 'crispy' (beyond normal) after the cleaning finally dried and was never soft, as compared to other products we were experimenting with.

So we did the "solo cup" test on 5 different brands of cleaners... (Two of which were Releasit and Vac-Away's Intensity Red)

We poured just a small amount of encapsulation product into a solo cup and let it dry... it should dry fairly fast, not be sticky, and shatter into a billion little pieces right?

Here is what we tested:
Releasit DS
Vac-Away's Red Intensity
Vac-Away's Spot-n-Boost
Matrix Double Strength Encap Plus
Matrix Spot Out

All products did exactly what it was designed to do, except Vac-away's Intensity Red. The Intensity Red literally took weeks for it to solidify, and over 3 months to finally get to the point it wasn't sticky any more! Plus it was as hard as a hockey puck... it never shattered even when we specifically pushed on it. (although to be fair, it did finally, months later, crack in one or two places) Plus any dust that floated into the cup, stuck to the 'hockey puck' and wouldn't wipe off.

Although we never had a complaint from any resident or commercial account. (which you would never feel it in glue down carpet) We stopped using it out of fear of leaving soap residue... which of course attracts soil.

But, we do still use 'Spot-n-boost' and Red out!

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Nice test!

I think Vacaway's red out is the best. I only use EG, Peroxcellent, and Grease Hawg now but am slowly using up everything else since I have it. My best results come from EG 4oz/gal and Peroxcellent at 5oz/gal combined. I can knockout anything with this combo.

For commercial, I'm all Releasit. Period.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
We used Vac-Away for about 2 - 3 years... we did have pretty good results. (once we figured out the correct mixture of formulas to use, in what situations) But, I did notice that the carpet was always 'crispy' (beyond normal) after the cleaning finally dried and was never soft, as compared to other products we were experimenting with.

So we did the "solo cup" test on 5 different brands of cleaners... (Two of which were Releasit and Vac-Away's Intensity Red)

We poured just a small amount of encapsulation product into a solo cup and let it dry... it should dry fairly fast, not be sticky, and shatter into a billion little pieces right?

Here is what we tested:
Releasit DS
Vac-Away's Red Intensity
Vac-Away's Spot-n-Boost
Matrix Double Strength Encap Plus
Matrix Spot Out

All products did exactly what it was designed to do, except Vac-away's Intensity Red. The Intensity Red literally took weeks for it to solidify, and over 3 months to finally get to the point it wasn't sticky any more! Plus it was as hard as a hockey puck... it never shattered even when we specifically pushed on it. (although to be fair, it did finally, months later, crack in one or two places) Plus any dust that floated into the cup, stuck to the 'hockey puck' and wouldn't wipe off.

Although we never had a complaint from any resident or commercial account. (which you would never feel it in glue down carpet) We stopped using it out of fear of leaving soap residue... which of course attracts soil.

But, we do still use 'Spot-n-boost' and Red out!
Nice test. I guess I wonder why you tried those Vacaway chems ? Spot n boost is a spot cleaner and to be honest I have never used intensity red. I use encap green Greece hog and hot knife. I can tell you all of those ones would pass the test for sure. I have also used peroxillant and it is top notch as well.

Nov 9, 2011
IN
Real Name
Richard Snyder
Business Location
United States
I guess I wonder why you tried those Vacaway chems ? Spot n boost is a spot cleaner and to be honest I have never used intensity red.
The main reason would be because of the salesman and his experience. I asked for the toughest chemical they offer that could handle the worst jobs. He said Intensity Red was the answer. However, Spot-n-Boost is also a "Booster"... but we do mainly use it for pre-treating spots.

The combination works very well...

Can I ask you your chemical mixing ratio for Grease Hog and Hot Knife, that you find works best?

Nov 9, 2011
IN
Real Name
Richard Snyder
Business Location
United States
For commercial, I'm all Releasit. Period.

Would you mind telling me why you are using different chemicals for residential and commercial? Are your commercial accounts specifically dealing with special stains, like oil or tar or whatever? And if Release it works great for your commercial, why not use it for residential?

I'm asking because I'm kind of unfamiliar with Release It products. We are just trying certain combo's now. What ratios do you usually use for your commercial accounts?

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Would you mind telling me why you are using different chemicals for residential and commercial? Are your commercial accounts specifically dealing with special stains, like oil or tar or whatever? And if Release it works great for your commercial, why not use it for residential?

I'm asking because I'm kind of unfamiliar with Release It products. We are just trying certain combo's now. What ratios do you usually use for your commercial accounts?
High foam and crystallizing encaps work better on pile carpet than low foam or film forming encaps. In my opinion.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
The main reason would be because of the salesman and his experience. I asked for the toughest chemical they offer that could handle the worst jobs. He said Intensity Red was the answer. However, Spot-n-Boost is also a "Booster"... but we do mainly use it for pre-treating spots.

The combination works very well...

Can I ask you your chemical mixing ratio for Grease Hog and Hot Knife, that you find works best?
I tend to go heavy on Chems because I don't like spot cleaning. So I go the max or even a little more. Typically 4-8 oz per gallon if it's high traffic. If low or moderate only 2 oz per gallon is typically needed.

Apr 6, 2015
Real Name
Sarah Cameron
Anyone here try the newer reformulationof Matrix® Double Strength Encapsulant Plus? I guess it used to just be called "DS" from Jondon, but there are multiple encap products going by that ("Double Strength") now.

Nov 9, 2011
IN
Real Name
Richard Snyder
Business Location
United States
We have had pretty good success with the matrix double strength. It however is not our main choice.

Personally I would probably give it a good 7 - 8 on a 1-10 scale, for cleaning.

For costs though, it is very good. At mixing 6 oz. per gallon of pre-spray, it works out to $1.22 per gallon. For as effective as it is, that is a fairly good price.

We never use below the 6 oz. per gallon. For terrible carpets we will boost that to 8oz. per gallon. For trouble area you still need to pre treat for best results.

Hope that helps.

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
I did use Matrix DS once but would much rather use Bonnet Pros products. I have never tried Vacaway's but I have heard good thing. I have heard that Bonnets Pro's Omega is real good.

Stephen Meyer

Dec 16, 2011
WI
Real Name
Stephen Meyer
Business Location
United States
Anyone here try the newer reformulationof Matrix® Double Strength Encapsulant Plus? I guess it used to just be called "DS" from Jondon, but there are multiple encap products going by that ("Double Strength") now.
I heard from a very reliable source that shall remain anonymous that the new formulation of matrix double strength is a relabel of releaseit DS, with a slightly different fragrance. From what I understand, people did not like the old formulation and so matrix has an agreement with release it. At least, that is what I've been told.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I don't know. Why wouldn't shark or rug dr be able to come up with a encap machine that works well. It's just a spinning brush. The real question is why does a brush pro cost so damn much? Answer : because they can charge us whatever they want for our industry specific tools. It's not like contracting tools were they can sell them on a large scale. So we re stuck paying huge profit margins on equipment because the target market , though small, has no other choice.
I am going to invent a machine made specific for homeowners, and be RICH!!. You guys are not laughing?? Lol

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
For one week,with one truck all set to go. We are putting a Brush Pro crb in a wrapped van and sending a tech out. Want to see what kind of response we get along with results. If we have to follow up with truck mount we will for re-dos. Ballsy but curiosity has got me. I bleed HWE. Let's see if I can bleed VLM. Our procedure will be simple;

Prevac with dust collectors
Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap
Scrub well w/Brush Pro (blue brushes)
Post vac w/dust collectors

Suggestions appreciated. Wish us well. I will report back my findings afterwards.
Rob can we see your set up? especially the crb,,, I want one! but I wanna hear what you think about it, the one you use?

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
They are decent for the homeowner who keeps up with their carpets. The one thing it cannot do is clean and have the carpets dry in no time. Also , they do not have the chemicals that we have to remove stains etc.