I'm switching methods

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
I seemed to not do well with the 360.. idk maybe it was just me. I didn't like it.

but you know me. I am vlm till i die.

to be honest, I don't really care which cleans better.. I could do a vac, then crb, then op, then 360, then op again, then crb again.. but I just don't charge enough for that... so i think it really comes down to what works within our business model and what we can charge and profit with.
Sir Ryan,
Because my brain is cooked, from plowing snow in a state that only owns 3 plow trucks. Can you please explain the method, steps and chemicals that works best for you?

Thanks For All The Input!!!
Robb
PS And for selling me the loopy bonnets for my 175!! PM me the info if it's easier. Your input, the extra AV work was greatly appresheated by me Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Sir Ryan,
Because my brain is cooked, from plowing snow in a state that only owns 3 plow trucks. Can you please explain the method, steps and chemicals that works best for you?

Thanks For All The Input!!!
Robb
PS And for selling me the loopy bonnets for my 175!! PM me the info if it's easier. Your input, the extra AV work was greatly appresheated by me Ryan.

Robb,
With your current equipment I would use the CRB and then follow with your 175 with bonnets in areas that need soil absorption. I will make a video soon on how I clean step by step and send you a link.

Thanks,
Ryan

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Robb,
With your current equipment I would use the CRB and then follow with your 175 with bonnets in areas that need soil absorption. I will make a video soon on how I clean step by step and send you a link.

Thanks,
Ryan
I got that part Ryan I mean chemicals pads ect... Has anything change since we spoke

Cheers,
Robb

James B.

Feb 19, 2014
Western WA
Real Name
James Blackburn
Business Location
United States
My suggestion is don't do it. Fine on most commercial jobs but not on cut pile residential IMO
I dunno man, I've done some pretty amazing things with a CRB. It's lacks in the removal of allergens department, but at removing stains and traffic it kills it.
The client is hesitant when I break out the machine, but I believe that is because people are so use to being marketed to with the HWE. My prediction is that in a couple of years people will begin to flock to VLM because of the ease. It's great for commercial as well, quick turnover, client doesn't have to worry about their carpets still being wet during the business day. I'll post a before and after of a pretty tore up carpet. This was at a residential unit. Cust didn't want anything to do with any extras or simply replacing the carpet. So I was feeling ballsy and broke out the CRB to give it a go. Results tell all.
20140130_080120.jpg
20140130_103628.jpg

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I dunno man, I've done some pretty amazing things with a CRB. It's lacks in the removal of allergens department, but at removing stains and traffic it kills it.
The client is hesitant when I break out the machine, but I believe that is because people are so use to being marketed to with the HWE. My prediction is that in a couple of years people will begin to flock to VLM because of the ease. It's great for commercial as well, quick turnover, client doesn't have to worry about their carpets still being wet during the business day. I'll post a before and after of a pretty tore up carpet. This was at a residential unit. Cust didn't want anything to do with any extras or simply replacing the carpet. So I was feeling ballsy and broke out the CRB to give it a go. Results tell all.View attachment 26030View attachment 26031
That looks pretty good. What was your process @James B. ? Prevac, postvac, chems?
I have a crb but am currently only using it for scrubbing the prespray before hwe.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I got that part Ryan I mean chemicals pads ect... Has anything change since we spoke

Cheers,
Robb
everything is the same. i can elaborate later.. I am a bit short on time at the moment (going away for weekend and trying to wrap up a bunch of stuff) please PM me any specific questions you may have or post them here.. I am curious how your experimenting with the crb and 175 with bonnets went and what chems you used.. maybe if you tell me what is not working for you I can fill in the gaps to help.

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
For one week,with one truck all set to go. We are putting a Brush Pro crb in a wrapped van and sending a tech out. Want to see what kind of response we get along with results. If we have to follow up with truck mount we will for re-dos. Ballsy but curiosity has got me. I bleed HWE. Let's see if I can bleed VLM. Our procedure will be simple;

Prevac with dust collectors
Pre-spot
Pre-spray w/strong encap
Scrub well w/Brush Pro (blue brushes)
Post vac w/dust collectors

Suggestions appreciated. Wish us well. I will report back my findings afterwards.
Uncle Rob,
Your leaving us all sitting on the end of our seats when are you going to contribute and give the pics, videos and results? Please chime in I personally would love to see your set-up and followed this Post From Start?

Sincerely,
Robb

Reactions: randyg6224

James B.

Feb 19, 2014
Western WA
Real Name
James Blackburn
Business Location
United States
That looks pretty good. What was your process @James B. ? Prevac, postvac, chems?
I have a crb but am currently only using it for scrubbing the prespray before hwe.

I always pre-vac. I use an enzyme pre-spray (Matrix. 3 scoops per gallon) and rake it in, let it sit for about 15 min. Put down encap (Matrix double strength. 6oz/Gal). Do my passes. I use some dry compound for heavier traffic areas. But other than that, I'll use some Stain one (pro's choice makes it) for the heavier spotting. If I'm picking up a lot of pet hairs or spent fiber I post-vac.

Reactions: tonyb14

James B.

Feb 19, 2014
Western WA
Real Name
James Blackburn
Business Location
United States

I've also done HWE as well and normally wont touch things I know are beyond the limitations of my CRB. I can tackle most jobs with the CRB however there are certain cases (Blood for instance, or copious amounts of feces) I just refer out to HWE. Every system has it's place I suppose.

Reactions: tonyb14

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I've also done HWE as well and normally wont touch things I know are beyond the limitations of my CRB. I can tackle most jobs with the CRB however there are certain cases (Blood for instance, or copious amounts of feces) I just refer out to HWE. Every system has it's place I suppose.
Get a PORTY and do it all!

James B.

Feb 19, 2014
Western WA
Real Name
James Blackburn
Business Location
United States
Get a PORTY and do it all!
Like I said, Every system has it's place. My customers are enjoying what I'm doing. I have a portable but use it for furniture cleaning. I also work mostly with Real Estate and property management firms. So I do a lot of Vacants, and I have a quick turn around for showings and good results.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I always pre-vac. I use an enzyme pre-spray (Matrix. 3 scoops per gallon) and rake it in, let it sit for about 15 min. Put down encap (Matrix double strength. 6oz/Gal). Do my passes. I use some dry compound for heavier traffic areas. But other than that, I'll use some Stain one (pro's choice makes it) for the heavier spotting. If I'm picking up a lot of pet hairs or spent fiber I post-vac.
Is the enzyme prespray you use an encap product?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Like I said, Every system has it's place. My customers are enjoying what I'm doing. I have a portable but use it for furniture cleaning. I also work mostly with Real Estate and property management firms. So I do a lot of Vacants, and I have a quick turn around for showings and good results.
James no need for gettin' Uppity Brother! I'm on YOUR SIDE! My Mistake..thought you mentioned a problem that dry Cleaning couldn't solve? Aloha has MANY Dry Clean Machines! Use them DAILY along with Truckmounts!

James B.

Feb 19, 2014
Western WA
Real Name
James Blackburn
Business Location
United States
James no need for gettin' Uppity Brother! I'm on YOUR SIDE! My Mistake..thought you mentioned a problem that dry Cleaning couldn't solve? Aloha has MANY Dry Clean Machines! Use them DAILY along with Truckmounts!
I'm not getting uppity, just stating I have a small portable. Just don't use it very often other than furniture on non contract jobs. Dry clean is a good tool to have.

Reactions: Clean-Team

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
Yeah the prespray contains enzyme, that breaks down a lot of the soiling then I encap over it with a different product (Matrix double strength)
Gotcha, thanks.... This winter has been really crappy here in pa. So I'm looking ahead to next winter and a way to maybe use that crb instead of hwe. Possibly market the whole closed door, fast dry times, interm type of cleaning.

James B.

Feb 19, 2014
Western WA
Real Name
James Blackburn
Business Location
United States
Gotcha, thanks.... This winter has been really crappy here in pa. So I'm looking ahead to next winter and a way to maybe use that crb instead of hwe. Possibly market the whole closed door, fast dry times, interm type of cleaning.

That's a good Idea. I'm looking to try some tile and grout with it soon. No one in my area is doing it with a crb. Maybe for a reason, I dunno. But from what I've researched it looks promising.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
That's a good Idea. I'm looking to try some tile and grout with it soon. No one in my area is doing it with a crb. Maybe for a reason, I dunno. But from what I've researched it looks promising.
I've used my crb to scrub tile, but then Rinsed with wand...came pretty good. Without the rinse step it would probably take a lot of mopping.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
you know Oxifresh uses a CRB exclusively. They pre vacuum every job, lay down some Encap with O2 in it, and use encap spotters I think. They get some decent reviews if you check them out. I myself prefer using pads to transfer soil as opposed to just brushes and encap, but hey whatever makes your customers happy with the results I guess keep doing it! good pics, great work!