I'm switching methods | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I'm switching methods

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
What's causing the pond to dry up in your opinion?

Not that I disagree by the way, just curious.
I dont think the pond is drying up. There are and for the forseeable future will be carpets. Whereas in previous years a cleaner might do a couple of house in a day they are now cleaning a room here or there, maybe a basement. So its the same amount of carpets being cleaned in a day, just in varying locations.
Thats if I understood the question correctly and there is every possibility I did not.

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Mike I use TMF Encap Pro TS. That being said Bonnet Pro I also keep around the shop. Smells good.
Rob
Did you ever post a conclusion to your "CRB STAND ALONE," cleaning project?
Overview
Pics
Pro&Cons

If I over looked it can you post your conclusion on project

WE ALL GREATLY ANTICIPATE YOUR COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL CONCLUSION

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob it is and has been in the Que. the problem is many other video projects have taken precedent. Then came ICE out if nowhere. I'll work on it though.

In the meantime I have a devoted mini van for low moisture. The odd thing is when offered 1 of the 3 that we offer most everyone chooses the #2 HWE option. The cool thing is it keeps the client on the phone longer by having a lower cost option. This allows more time for them to get to know and trust us. This in turn raises the close rate. It's a win win. Hope this helps for now.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
So you offer encap at a lower rate compared to HWE? I am looking at doing VLM hopefully in 2014 just to broad my selection of services. It is rare but there have been a couple of times that I lost a job due to not having VLM.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So you offer encap at a lower rate compared to HWE? I am looking at doing VLM hopefully in 2014 just to broad my selection of services. It is rare but there have been a couple of times that I lost a job due to not having VLM.
Yes Will. This is what we do when we sense a "price shopper". We ask "did you have a budget?". Almost always they say "yes" and then they proceed to tell me. If they don't I ask "may I ask what your budget is"?

Now notice I have been able to keep them on the phone longer. The longer we can keep them on the phone the trust factor builds. In the meantime I am introducing myself to them. I find "most" people don't mind spending a little more if they like a person. Then they usually pick the "medium" package which is our standerd HWE. If they don't we send out the mini-van unless they or their budget is too low. Each situation varies. But once you try it it works well.

Will are you attending ICE? If so will you be at the TMF dinner?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Not attending ICE. Next year I will probably go to ICE in lieu of connections.
Well we will miss you Will. Look forward to seeing you at The Experience (Connections) then.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I've had great success with VLM on residential carpets and charge the same as HWE.. but its mainly high rise condos. In my opinion VLM is a must have for any company.. another tool to make us rockstars.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I've had great success with VLM on residential carpets and charge the same as HWE.. but its mainly high rise condos. In my opinion VLM is a must have for any company.. another tool to make us rockstars.
High rises is what gave me the idea and proof we could pull it off.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My suggestion is don't do it. Fine on most commercial jobs but not on cut pile residential IMO
But Bill it's "Heavens Best". :confused:

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
High rises is what gave me the idea and proof we could pull it off.

The vast majority of the high rise carpets we do are in good shape, so it makes life easier. I did do a bad cut pile nylon (frieze) and it turned out really good.. the customers loved it.

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
I think VLM should be priced higher then hwe. To me VLM is a pain in the butt. First, vacuuming is a must. Next prespray, then pad. If the carpet is very soiled, then you have to scrub first then use several pads. Not to mention cleaning corners and stairs are a pain and takes much longer then hwe and of course, there's always the question "where does the dirt go?". Since I bought a TM, I have definitely seen the light and use it as often as I can. Now I only do VLM with a Dirt Napper on some commercial carpets.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I think VLM should be priced higher then hwe. To me VLM is a pain in the butt. First, vacuuming is a must. Next prespray, then pad. If the carpet is very soiled, then you have to scrub first then use several pads. Not to mention cleaning corners and stairs are a pain and takes much longer then hwe and of course, there's always the question "where does the dirt go?". Since I bought a TM, I have definitely seen the light and use it as often as I can. Now I only do VLM with a Dirt Napper on some commercial carpets.
At least charge the same. I don't think you are saving any time.

IMO

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States