I'm Shutting IT Down.......

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Although I agree with Spazznout, my wife and I agreed to stop cleaning. For the few jobs we would do, its not worth the risk of bringing it home. The Customers Arent Around excuse just doesnt cut it because we are still touching door handles, etc.

I just dont want to bring it home because
-I dont like being sick
-My wife wouldnt let me hear the end of it (OK that should be #1)
-My son runs his business out of our home and I if I brought the virus here he couldnt work

So for those reasons, Im out.

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
So the CDC is about to issue new guidelines urging people to wear masks when out in public. Turns out we don’t even have to get coughed/sneezed on. When we breath or talk we release an aerosol that can spread the virus. That’s why they recommend a six foot space in between each other. This aerosol sprays 2-3ft then drops. It may not be the most common way people are getting it but research is suggesting it can.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
There will be a boxcar pulling up shortly.

Free Masks, Free Hand Sanitizer..........and its SAFE inside.

It is GOVERNMENT approved and was part of the 32nd bailout plan aimed to help main street America......

Its warm inside and nothing will be scary any longer, no risk, you life will be worry free very shortly , just hurry right in...we will keep you safe we are here to help you and your family.......we are the government we would never do you harm..............

Get up the ramp and into the Boxcar.....Its safe inside.................

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

It is GOVERNMENT approved and was part of the 32nd bailout plan aimed to help main street America......

Its warm inside and nothing will be scary any longer, no risk, you life will be worry free very shortly , just hurry right in...we will keep you safe we are here to help you and your family.......we are the government we would never do you harm..............

Oh boy.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

No thanks seen this movie. I'd rather walk.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Thank God for the garage gym my quarantine gains are INSANE lol
I hear ya. I usually gain a few pounds between Christmas and New Years when there is a lull. Then loose it when I get back to work.

Thankfully I have not gained a pound yet, but I know I have to dust off the treadmill

Reactions: ACP

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That’s actually a ridiculous post if he’s serious. Hard to take someone serious talking like that. It’s easy to talk silly if your not really touched by w we hats going on. My state is bordering NY and it’s a mess there and shit is on the verge of popping off here even more.
So is mine. Many from ny have second homes. And they are scattered all across northern pa and in amish lancaster. So they are trying to escape ny. But those who haven't are too late. Police will stop them if they have ny plates.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My apologies to keep it clean !! Pa . has extended the indefinite shutdown to businesses !! Article in tonight’s local paper made this much more clear . Sheesh , now I owe him another cheese steak !! Lol .
All the Best , Ed
Hey Ed, remember our wonderful governor owned a cabinet company? It continued to operate during the shut down. I thought it was just rumors. But turns out it's true. So he specified cabinetry and manufacturing as non essential. But his old shop continued on. As others were forced to close. Interesting

on the spot

Feb 22, 2012
IL
Real Name
Mike Norris
Business Location
United States
. I think you may be surprised how much heat temperature you lose from the machine to carpet but I still think your way over 135degrees when it makes contact. My point was if I’m concerned enough to be wondering if it’s possible to activate it into an airborne state, I clearly don’t know enough and it just ain’t worth it. If I get work from my property manager I may bite but they usually got a gang of dudes working there in and out getting it ready for the next tenet so I’m iffy about that. Actually irritates me when they schedule me then I show up and everybody and they’re mother is trying to work on top of each other.

I had a similar issue with one of my property managers...showing up and there is a whole crew working there. It happens on rare occasion with most of my rental property accounts, but with this company it was like almost every time.

Finally, I had a meeting with him and politely explained that I needed to be the last person there, working alone and he agreed. The key was to frame the request in a manner that I was actually looking out for HIS best interest so that a.) no contractor would be messing up his freshly cleaned carpet and b.) if a contractor fell due to tripping on a hose or slipping on damp carpet that he would be the one getting sued since the contractor was working for him in a work environment that HE created (and that his pockets are deeper than mine). Again, I packaged my complaint to look like I was looking out for him (which was, of course, complete bullshit). Good luck!

Reactions: mrotto

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I had a similar issue with one of my property managers...showing up and there is a whole crew working there. It happens on rare occasion with most of my rental property accounts, but with this company it was like almost every time.

Finally, I had a meeting with him and politely explained that I needed to be the last person there, working alone and he agreed. The key was to frame the request in a manner that I was actually looking out for HIS best interest so that a.) no contractor would be messing up his freshly cleaned carpet and b.) if a contractor fell due to tripping on a hose or slipping on damp carpet that he would be the one getting sued since the contractor was working for him in a work environment that HE created (and that his pockets are deeper than mine). Again, I packaged my complaint to look like I was looking out for him (which was, of course, complete bullshit). Good luck!

Actually I’m pretty sure someone trips over your hose your the responsible party. That’s what a GL policy is for to cover public. I know that wasn’t your point but newbies need to know the difference and should talk to their agent.

gr4474

Oct 2, 2011
LOUISIANA
www.bluecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Greg Rodie
Business Location
United States
So I cleaned my last job till this Corona mess gets sorted out hopefully. Cleaned the carpets at a yacht club account I havetoday . It was due for the second in a row Cimex followed by padcap cleaning when I was told they wanted a deep clean flush instead. Here I am HWEing the carpet wondering if it's possible there's some of that COVID19 virus in it and is the steam I'm creating vaporizing it into the air and am I breathing it in?
Who knows but I'm not risking going out anymore on cleaning calls till shite gets under control or we get a handle on the true numbers and risks. I'm getting little to no residential calls and my other commercial stuff can wait a month or so. Hopefully my savings will last long enough till this thing passes hopefully. China really fuked us good....There better be repruccussions.

cdc cause.png