keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I am from Toronto. Sad day, daug ford have extended this another 2 weeks today. It was supposed to end on April 6th if I am not mistaken.
At least you still have a day. We went from the 6th to the 30th. And now indefinite. Distancing aint going to work. Its buying them time to work on it. But its time no one can afford. Eventually we will all get it. At least there was a date originally. 6th was do able. 30th got them a lot of cursing but kinda accepted. That was also a day ago. Now Indefinite? Not going to happen. It will break down.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
At least you still have a day. We went from the 6th to the 30th. And now indefinite. Distancing aint going to work. Its buying them time to work on it. But its time no one can afford. Eventually we will all get it. At least there was a date originally. 6th was do able. 30th got them a lot of cursing but kinda accepted. That was also a day ago. Now Indefinite? Not going to happen. It will break down.
Yeah , and I saw Virginia is now June 10 th . or such .
Think Wolf has the indefinite part as far as the schools , higher education . Pa. now has over 800,000 laid off . In Duquesne near Pittsburgh there was a MILE of cars to get food from the food bank . You can check out the story on the Blaze .
Fortunately the family is still working except me . TBH , it’s not a problem and I would be inclined not to . Wife is a nurse in the local health system and it’s not worth it to me to maybe spread something she might bring home some how .
Oldest grandson told his mother he thinks there’s going to be a world depression . IDK . Things haven’t STOPPED .......... YET.
Warren Buffett said the thing that “ surprised “ him in 2008 was the fact that the financial markets just seized . That’s how much fear was out there . Of course , this really is “ different “ .
Uh huh . And the cow jumped over the moon too .
Already discussions ( kind of half heartedly) among the family about “ what if “ ?? My children are already sort of regretting some of the financial choices they made but “ things “ are not important . TBH , at my age “ possessions “ are more a burden than a “ plus “ . Some of the greatest words from the financial “ gurus “ came from Suze Orman .
PEOPLE FIRST
THEN THINGS
THEN MONEY
Take care of you and yours and help each other .
This “ black swan “ won’t defeat us !!
All the Best , Ed

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yeah , and I saw Virginia is now June 10 th . or such .
Think Wolf has the indefinite part as far as the schools , higher education . Pa. now has over 800,000 laid off . In Duquesne near Pittsburgh there was a MILE of cars to get food from the food bank . You can check out the story on the Blaze .
Fortunately the family is still working except me . TBH , it’s not a problem and I would be inclined not to . Wife is a nurse in the local health system and it’s not worth it to me to maybe spread something she might bring home some how .
Oldest grandson told his mother he thinks there’s going to be a world depression . IDK . Things haven’t STOPPED .......... YET.
Warren Buffett said the thing that “ surprised “ him in 2008 was the fact that the financial markets just seized . That’s how much fear was out there . Of course , this really is “ different “ .
Uh huh . And the cow jumped over the moon too .
Already discussions ( kind of half heartedly) among the family about “ what if “ ?? My children are already sort of regretting some of the financial choices they made but “ things “ are not important . TBH , at my age “ possessions “ are more a burden than a “ plus “ . Some of the greatest words from the financial “ gurus “ came from Suze Orman .
PEOPLE FIRST
THEN THINGS
THEN MONEY
Take care of you and yours and help each other .
This “ black swan “ won’t defeat us !!
All the Best , Ed
I think i might have caught the indefinite part as the words ran together. Article connected the 2 as being indefinite. Pa.gov still saying april 30. Which is still a damn long way out.

I go to grocery store every morning. I get my iced teas. The small minimarts i consider bio hazards. Last time i walked into wawa. Dude was behind the counter looked like he was dying. He said can i help you as he was sniffling. I said fk no and walked out. Havent been back there since. Homers i go to daily. They are fully stocked. But hot dog guy isnt there. That guy is essential man i dont care what they say lol.
Food im buying a little bit at a time. Basically filler food in case this gets real bad. I wont be dependent. And can sit tight while other fight in line. I got plenty of lead in case they get restless and want my ramen and toilet paper. Was buying 100 rnd boxes of 9mm once a week at one point. No idea how many i have. Lots lol. Also have about 2500 tylenols. No idea where they all came from. I just buy sht sometimes just because. Its why i shouldnt be grocery shopping. Ill walk out with iced tea, and a loaf of bread. Kids are like what are we eating. Me "ummmmm bread i guess" as i laugh. Drive there with a plan. Then once im in there im like what the hell was i supposed to get.

Yeah i have 1 loan out. Im paying on a trailer. Thats the only thing im sweating at the moment. The other was taxes. But it came back with a 950 dollar credit. And owe pa 200. No big deal. I was worried though. I didnt think i payed in enough. So thats off my back. Heating season is over so the oil i got now will hold off till june maybe. Electric? Fuggum lol. Im holding what money i got for gas and food. Those 2 are priority. No gas no work. No work no lunch. No lunch? Well that will be a bad day for them squirrels in my back yard theyre nice and fat lol.

Reactions: Common janitor

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
The rfid chip will be the mark of the beast in the right hand or forehead. It will happen after the first tribulation so I'll be long gone.
This is 911 2.0 + the 2008 crash all in one. I still think it will take at least 2 years for it to really get bad because sheeple are gonna keep clutching on the news teets. And go back to life as normal after this
and so it will take most a long time to see and feel what the smart guys have been planning for since 2008.
20$ says 95% of all antibiotics wipe this thing. It's impossible to say with these pre existing condition cases. But of course no matter how or why one dies you know they are just gonna say, welphad to be the corona virus.
A lot of jobs folks left just 3 weeks ago, are gone. NOT coming back.

Corporate America is in survival mode. They are cutting 20-40% of their work force over the next few weeks and months.

Even if we get the all clear and went back to work today this has already happened.
No way to stuff that toothpaste back in the tube.

This is already happened, past tense. It is not a perhaps could happen. It is happening right now. Once the all clear is signaled the recognition of those job losses will occur.

We are not going back to the way things were 30 days ago.
Those days are a good memory. That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Imby

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We already know that you can't get this at all from the air, it is only from contact.
You can... but you need to be in a room with someone for 30mins + who is infected.

90+ % comes from touching your face... problem is the average person touches their face 2000-3000x per day

Any mask at all doesn't need to be n95 is effective because it keeps you from touching your face.

Reactions: Spazznout

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
You can... but you need to be in a room with someone for 30mins + who is infected.

90+ % comes from touching your face... problem is the average person touches their face 2000-3000x per day

Any mask at all doesn't need to be n95 is effective because it keeps you from touching your face.
Something we can agree on and I have been screaming here for 2 months.....

the primary Vector is Oral Fecal transfer from touching contaminated surface like a door handle or escalator railing, in nursing and old folks homes where incontinence is the norm not the exception.

This also make the Hospitals and the nurses and drs the primary community spreaders and hotspots of the crisis.

Thus why urban centers like New York are feeling the hit so hard.

Stay away from Hospitals unless it is a trauma that you are going to die of. You are likely to catch a very large viral load which seems to have a big bearing on the outcome if you are in a high risk group or age.

This is also why a lot of this screamfest on the news about PPE shortage is BS

There is a shortage because the hospitals have hoarded it. And the government helped ......Full stop.

Reactions: ACP

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Something we can agree on and I have been screaming here for 2 months.....

the primary Vector is Oral Fecal transfer from touching contaminated surface like a door handle or escalator railing, in nursing and old folks homes where incontinence is the norm not the exception.

This also make the Hospitals and the nurses and drs the primary community spreaders and hotspots of the crisis.

Thus why urban centers like New York are feeling the hit so hard.

Stay away from Hospitals unless it is a trauma that you are going to die of. You are likely to catch a very large viral load which seems to have a big bearing on the outcome if you are in a high risk group or age.

This is also why a lot of this screamfest on the news about PPE shortage is BS

There is a shortage because the hospitals have hoarded it. And the government helped ......Full stop.
They are seeing in New York right now as they did with Hong Kong and other places in china,

if the initial screening is done with just a simple surgical mask and n95 only used when they are doing aerosolizing procedures, like making the patient cough or they are in sustained contact with positive patients, then the transfer from patient to care provider is literally 0.

3 weeks ago lots of Drs and nurses were getting infected because they didn't know what they were dealing with and how to safely handle it quite yet, now almost none of them are contracting the disease.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

exactly that is the mask is good for but in most cases a mask can be dangerous as well, how? by touching the mask and putting it back on your face will infect you. There are opinions that mask doesn;t do jack shit, it can be contaminated if you keep taking it off and putting it back on again from discomfort, be careful.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
exactly that is the mask is good for but in most cases a mask can be dangerous as well, how? by touching the mask and putting it back on your face will infect you. There are opinions that mask doesn;t do jack shit, it can be contaminated if you keep taking it off and putting it back on again from discomfort, be careful.
The idea is that it reduces the amount of times you touch your face greatly. Average person 2000-3000x per day, most of this isnt even conscious.

I guarantee if you were to put a camera on most anyone who says they never touch their face over the course of a day they'll prob do it 500 times subconsciously at least.

Reactions: Spazznout

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The idea is that it reduces the amount of times you touch your face greatly. Average person 2000-3000x per day, most of this isnt even conscious.

I guarantee if you were to put a camera on most anyone who says they never touch their face over the course of a day they'll prob do it 500 times subconsciously at least.
I understand that but how will someone manage not to touch the mask when they're uncomfortable? The mask doesn't do anything. I do see people who are wearing masks but they take them off and put them on again over and over again. That's more likely to infect your self.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

If a person didn't take the mask off for the whole jerney till he/she comes back home and disposes it immediately then this tactic will work, but most people don't do that, they will infect themselves very easily.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
My apologies to keep it clean !! Pa . has extended the indefinite shutdown to businesses !! Article in tonight’s local paper made this much more clear . Sheesh , now I owe him another cheese steak !! Lol .
All the Best , Ed

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My apologies to keep it clean !! Pa . has extended the indefinite shutdown to businesses !! Article in tonight’s local paper made this much more clear . Sheesh , now I owe him another cheese steak !! Lol .
All the Best , Ed
You know how damn hard its going to be to find one? I can't even find steak-um :D
Mission bbq is open though. Mmmmmmm Brisket sanmich

Im finding work but its getting harder. Apparently realtors are selling so thats a plus for us. Its going to grind to a stop though as guys reach inspection points on jobs. No local govt so no inspections. Im helping a maintenance guy out. He's still able to work. But its going to be a tight squeeze. As we pick at what ever jobs are there.

IluvCleanForums

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Ian Riggins
Since we have shutdown all our in home operations about 99% of our customers not only agree but also some have thanked us for doing so......But....I do realize that not everyone is taking any of this serious at all. We had a customer call today and ask for one of our techs home number because he said " He knows me and i can call him and get him to do it". After i explained to this customer (who is in his 70's btw) that we have ceased all of our carpet cleaning and rug p/u & del., he basically told me that he "doesn't care about no virus". I don't think i have ever really been angered by comments from an disgruntles customer before but hey there is a first for everything. I can see someone wanting to get something cleaned and even being unhappy about not being able to at the time they would like to, but what kind of person throws caution to the wind with someone elses health and possible life for a job that would probably bank the employee $10-$15 in pay.....I know this post probably has no benefit to anyone who reads it but i truly just needed to vent....This is a stressful time for all and we haven't seen anything like this probably in our lifetime before but can't we at least try to help rid this thing as quickly as possible?....Whether you believe this is serious or not, the quickies way to ease everyones fears is for everyone to act like this is serious...Well thanks for letting me vent. :)

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Since we have shutdown all our in home operations about 99% of our customers not only agree but also some have thanked us for doing so......But....I do realize that not everyone is taking any of this serious at all. We had a customer call today and ask for one of our techs home number because he said " He knows me and i can call him and get him to do it". After i explained to this customer (who is in his 70's btw) that we have ceased all of our carpet cleaning and rug p/u & del., he basically told me that he "doesn't care about no virus". I don't think i have ever really been angered by comments from an disgruntles customer before but hey there is a first for everything. I can see someone wanting to get something cleaned and even being unhappy about not being able to at the time they would like to, but what kind of person throws caution to the wind with someone elses health and possible life for a job that would probably bank the employee $10-$15 in pay.....I know this post probably has no benefit to anyone who reads it but i truly just needed to vent....This is a stressful time for all and we haven't seen anything like this probably in our lifetime before but can't we at least try to help rid this thing as quickly as possible?....Whether you believe this is serious or not, the quickies way to ease everyones fears is for everyone to act like this is serious...Well thanks for letting me vent. :)
Take some time away from the Main Stream Media.

Go actually learn bout the virus and look at some published studies from scientific journals. Go look at the CDC's raw numbers. Google Italys mortality rate by age for coronavirus.

The more you know the less you will fear the virus.
This may last a lot longer than you expect and it is most likely we are all going to have to learn how to live with the virus. Just like we live with chicken pox, the common cold, aids, poliovirus, malaria, etc, etc. all nasty viruses and many of them are considerably more deadly than Covid-19

We are all going to get the virus at some point until we reach population immunity. All this separation is only to slow down the spread so it does not overwhelm hospitals.

There is only 2 ways to STOP the virus: 1 everyone gets it and we reach herd immunity. 2. a vaccine is developed. Highly unlikely as we have NEVER made a vaccine for any of the Corona family of viruses that gives more than a few weeks immunity.

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I understand that but how will someone manage not to touch the mask when they're uncomfortable? The mask doesn't do anything. I do see people who are wearing masks but they take them off and put them on again over and over again. That's more likely to infect your self.
You must wash your hands very frequently.

Watch the video I posted from the NYC dr. Hes treating more covid patients right now than pretty much anyone at one of the largest hospitals in NY.

Touch the elevator, use purell, touch the door knob use purell, you gotta be a hand nazi.

In addition to that the mask will keep you from touching your face frequently

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
WA state will now be enforcing the stay home, even if we wanted to work it's not a choice.

Regardless nobody wants anyone in their home right now.

All guidelines from health dept say limit the people in your home and social circle to just your immediate family.