I'm Shutting IT Down....... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I'm Shutting IT Down.......

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
So I cleaned my last job till this Corona mess gets sorted out hopefully. Cleaned the carpets at a yacht club account I havetoday . It was due for the second in a row Cimex followed by padcap cleaning when I was told they wanted a deep clean flush instead. Here I am HWEing the carpet wondering if it's possible there's some of that COVID19 virus in it and is the steam I'm creating vaporizing it into the air and am I breathing it in?
Who knows but I'm not risking going out anymore on cleaning calls till shite gets under control or we get a handle on the true numbers and risks. I'm getting little to no residential calls and my other commercial stuff can wait a month or so. Hopefully my savings will last long enough till this thing passes hopefully. China really fuked us good....There better be repruccussions.

Reactions: shumagic and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I hope things get normal soon as it can get depressing, I am not shutting it down but 1-2 jobs a week. It is time to clean our own houses.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Only non essential businesses closed today in Ontario and I am an essential business, I will be careful not to carry this virus home. I am hoping from God this will clear away and everyone go back to life again and happy.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Only non essential businesses closed today in Ontario and I am an essential business, I will be careful not to carry this virus home. I am hoping from God this will clear away and everyone go back to life again and happy.
It's so contagious even if you're careful you make one false move and rub your nose or get sneezed on and you will bring it home.

Reactions: shawntane

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
i also have read the kill temperature is about 133 degrees. So most TM get between 190-210 does that mean it’s neutralizing the virus ?

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I believe they are still learning about it.
What about how long the temp needs to be up??

Reactions: barefoot

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I believe they are still learning about it.
What about how long the temp needs to be up??
If by washing your hands with soap and water rinses it I think a water temp of 190 and 400 psi would be doing a better job. Also its probably most likely not on carpet fibers maybe tile but it’s all getting flushed away. I guess I’m trying to convince myself that I’d be helping if I’m cleaning a carpet or tile. I would never make false claims Or promises to any customer anyway if asked. Luckily I do mostly all empty rentals.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
If by washing your hands with soap and water rinses it I think a water temp of 190 and 400 psi would be doing a better job. Also its probably most likely not on carpet fibers maybe tile but it’s all getting flushed away. I guess I’m trying to convince myself that I’d be helping if I’m cleaning a carpet or tile. I would never make false claims Or promises to any customer anyway if asked. Luckily I do mostly all empty rentals.
. I think you may be surprised how much heat temperature you lose from the machine to carpet but I still think your way over 135degrees when it makes contact. My point was if I’m concerned enough to be wondering if it’s possible to activate it into an airborne state, I clearly don’t know enough and it just ain’t worth it. If I get work from my property manager I may bite but they usually got a gang of dudes working there in and out getting it ready for the next tenet so I’m iffy about that. Actually irritates me when they schedule me then I show up and everybody and they’re mother is trying to work on top of each other.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Soap breaks the virus apart destroying it. Water rinses it away along with whatever grime it was clinging to. Mucus snot, grease or whatever.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Soap breaks the virus apart destroying it. Water rinses it away along with whatever grime it was clinging to. Mucus snot, grease or whatever.
For those who don't want to believe this, a little science:

Many of you have heard the term "encapsulated" or "enveloped" viruses in the media.

This term refers to a lipid capsule, or protective shell of fats, that surrounds the virus.

It shields the virus from biological attack within a host body, and also prevents the virus from desiccating in the air (losing all moisture and drying up) and thus acts to protect the virus somewhat both within and once it leaves a host. The majority of pathogenic (disease-causing) viruses are enveloped; it helps them survive long enough to get from one of us to the other.

BUT.

Soaps have a lovely chemical trick - their molecules are hydrophilic (water-loving) on one end, hydrophobic (water-hating) on the other. Think of each molecule like a cotton swab or Q-Tip; one end wants water desperately, the other hates it and will do ANYTHING to get away from it. The water-hating end aggressively attaches to oils or lipids, and the water-loving end attaches to water.

This is why detergents are so effective against oily soils.

This also makes them "latch onto" lipids like those encapsulating the virus and essentially break them apart in their effort to wiggle away from the water.

Once the protective lipid capsule is broken down, nothing is protecting the virus.

Poof.

It truly is that simple.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
. I think you may be surprised how much heat temperature you lose from the machine to carpet but I still think your way over 135degrees when it makes contact. My point was if I’m concerned enough to be wondering if it’s possible to activate it into an airborne state, I clearly don’t know enough and it just ain’t worth it. If I get work from my property manager I may bite but they usually got a gang of dudes working there in and out getting it ready for the next tenet so I’m iffy about that. Actually irritates me when they schedule me then I show up and everybody and they’re mother is trying to work on top of each other.
We fire those managers, I'm not working around anyone else, it takes longer. They don't respect my time and never will.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
For those who don't want to believe this, a little science:

Many of you have heard the term "encapsulated" or "enveloped" viruses in the media.

This term refers to a lipid capsule, or protective shell of fats, that surrounds the virus.

It shields the virus from biological attack within a host body, and also prevents the virus from desiccating in the air (losing all moisture and drying up) and thus acts to protect the virus somewhat both within and once it leaves a host. The majority of pathogenic (disease-causing) viruses are enveloped; it helps them survive long enough to get from one of us to the other.

BUT.

Soaps have a lovely chemical trick - their molecules are hydrophilic (water-loving) on one end, hydrophobic (water-hating) on the other. Think of each molecule like a cotton swab or Q-Tip; one end wants water desperately, the other hates it and will do ANYTHING to get away from it. The water-hating end aggressively attaches to oils or lipids, and the water-loving end attaches to water.

This is why detergents are so effective against oily soils.

This also makes them "latch onto" lipids like those encapsulating the virus and essentially break them apart in their effort to wiggle away from the water.

Once the protective lipid capsule is broken down, nothing is protecting the virus.

Poof.

It truly is that simple.
All without using the word micelles! Nice work!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I gave them since friday night. Im going back to work. Fkn landscapers are essential business. And construction renovations are not? Gtfo lol im going back tomorrow. Theres no unemployment for us thats a myth. If i get sick oh well add it to the occupational hazards. Honestly im more likely to fall down the steps or cut my hand off then i am catching this and die from it.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
They are claiming it's a 95% infection rate in any given population. So you WILL get it. It's just the question of how bad will it affect you and will the hospital be overloaded with other patients?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Property management work is considered essential in Mecklenburg county and I got my hall pass today. Print them off tomorrow morning for the 5 0 and go make my loot. Everyone is going to eventually get it, whether you are a carrier, have minor effects or die, is yet to be determined. After everything I have survived up to this point, I ain't skeered. I went through the Oregon inlet in an 18 foot boat with 22 foot seas... fück the flu.