I'm raising my minimum to get rid of low end clients

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
We raised prices too - it's funny how many people call and say, "Is that the best deal you've got?"

The ethnic minorities are the most interesting due to their culture on this, constantly haggling, often forgetting to mention rooms, then acting like they will kick you out right then if you don't do it.

Funny part is, if you stand your ground and calmly tell them no, this is going to be the price, they end up respecting you and will often add many other things lol!

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
We raised prices too - it's funny how many people call and say, "Is that the best deal you've got?"

The ethnic minorities are the most interesting due to their culture on this, constantly haggling, often forgetting to mention rooms, then acting like they will kick you out right then if you don't do it.

Funny part is, if you stand your ground and calmly tell them no, this is going to be the price, they end up respecting you and will often add many other things lol!
Yup, I did a shower regrout for Mrs Patel last year and she told me after I started that she had another estimate for half the price.
I looked her dead in the eye and said I can pack up right now if you want to call the other company.
Then she added more caulking in the kitchen lol

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
once your prices are high enough the patel calls are extremely rare.. and we have a HUGE population of software engineers here lol

Some still call but they are from a different part of the homeland, usually have a British accent and fat pockets.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
once your prices are high enough the patel calls are extremely rare.. and we have a HUGE population of software engineers here lol

Some still call but they are from a different part of the homeland, usually have a British accent and fat pockets.
Yes, I have done a few more since, and you're right, the more westernized the better!
BTW, I'm not knocking anyone, it's just funny how some stereotypes are true!

Reactions: J20770

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have increased my prices since I posted those prices. Now a recliner is $45, loveseat $65, 3 person sofa $75 and sectional is $130. Still low but it is what it is and I believe my upholstery prices are higher than most in my area.
I charge $40 a seat. In other words, loveseat $80, three seat sofa $120 and so on. Sectional comes in at about $200.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke