I'm raising my minimum to get rid of low end clients

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly
Whats more important to your bottom line?
Your singular job minimum???......... or your weekly/monthly/yearly average for all completed jobs?

How does one affect the other, if at all?

What is the opportunity cost of having too high of a minimum??......ie. one that exceeds your costs to show up at the door and put a few bucks in your pocket?? ie loss of a new client. Loss of the referrals from that new client. Loss of exposure of branded van and distributed marketing while in neighborhood working...... etc, etc

Cumulative vs linear is how you think about your business.
Hi spaz, I’ve read a lot of your previous posts . Just curious how you’ve gotten on over the past few years with hitting your goals etc

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@NickNZ

I had a big personal setback in loosing a grandfather, 4 uncles, then my father all due to cancer in a 16 month period. This is why I have been gone. Needed time to get my head back on. My 2 lead techs stood by me and kept the ship afloat.

We are now back on the path to further success. We moved into a shop and re branded so that our image fit our reputation and reviews.

So yes, the stuff I was rambling on about in this thread a few years ago do really work. And if you put systems in place and get awesome employees to join your family, anything is really possible. Even more that I thought possible. Its just up to your imagination and the will and focus to get it done.

Last edited:

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly
@NickNZ

I had a big personal setback in loosing a grandfather, 4 uncles, then my father all due to cancer in a 16 month period. This is why I have been gone. Needed time to get my head back on. My 2 lead techs stood by me and kept the ship afloat.

We are now back on the path to further success. We moved into a shop and re branded so that our image fit our reputation and reviews.

So yes, the stuff I was rambling on about in this thread a few years ago do really work. And if you put systems in place and get awesome employees to join your family, anything is really possible. Even more that I thought possible. Its just up to your imagination and the will and focus to get it done.

View attachment 85809
Sorry to hear that, that would have to be a rough trot indeed! So you’re still heavy on print advertising? I’m starting to up my game there now. I’ve done a lot with letter but starting to trial postcards repeating to the same 7500 homes monthly. Letters in envelopes have always done well but are time consuming even with doing printing in house and having a letter folder/inserted machine. Aside from that I kinda wonder if sending out letters monthly to the same people might piss them off more than a less intrusive postcard? Hopefully things come right for you going forward

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear that, that would have to be a rough trot indeed! So you’re still heavy on print advertising? I’m starting to up my game there now. I’ve done a lot with letter but starting to trial postcards repeating to the same 7500 homes monthly. Letters in envelopes have always done well but are time consuming even with doing printing in house and having a letter folder/inserted machine. Aside from that I kinda wonder if sending out letters monthly to the same people might piss them off more than a less intrusive postcard? Hopefully things come right for you going forward
yup

Here is a look at our new door hanger. It for both 5 arounds (thanks @rob allen) and general distribution in neighborhoods we are targeting with additional ads in their mailboxes.

Not sure why the colors are coming up so weird. The blue is way off. When printed the blue is the same as in my vans and logo. The blue on the van is the way the blue appears on the door hanger.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I really like the direction you're going with it. Has a friendly yet higher level service vibe without being too cartoonish.

The color palette is comfortable, but not too warm or causing too much excitement.

This will separate you from 90% of the cleaners out there.

I think the ONLY change I might've made is a medium or high top van if your shop could fit it. It's human nature when they see the bigger vehicle to automatically assume "better company".

My newest Ford Transit High Top even without being wrapped yet gets comments from customers all the time.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I really like the direction you're going with it. Has a friendly yet higher level service vibe without being too cartoonish.

The color palette is comfortable, but not too warm or causing too much excitement.

This will separate you from 90% of the cleaners out there.

I think the ONLY change I might've made is a medium or high top van if your shop could fit it. It's human nature when they see the bigger vehicle to automatically assume "better company".

My newest Ford Transit High Top even without being wrapped yet gets comments from customers all the time.
Thanks,

Can't take the credit though. I hired a design firm to help me with the rebranding. (NOT cheap but well worth the result)

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Lol you can take the credit for having the wisdom to hire them. I'm doing the same as I don't have an artistic bone in my body as my wife says.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
yup

Here is a look at our new door hanger. It for both 5 arounds (thanks @rob allen) and general distribution in neighborhoods we are targeting with additional ads in their mailboxes.

Not sure why the colors are coming up so weird. The blue is way off. When printed the blue is the same as in my vans and logo. The blue on the van is the way the blue appears on the door hanger.View attachment 85833

View attachment 85831

View attachment 85832
Looks sharp, esp the wrap. Good hear from you. Hope your doing well Matt.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I charge 35 for a recliner and 25 per seat on up. love seat $50, couch $75 and 5 seat sectional $125. Ottoman $25. If they balk at the price I just explain that if I was to lay out all the fabric on a sofa it would be almost 75 sq/ft. of and I have to use a 3" upholstery tool to clean it.

I also sell them on the fact that I use a internal jet upholstery tool {hydro-force Dri-master} that controls the amount of moisture resulting in quicker dry times and that I use a air mover to increase the dry times as well. I also set up a portable table I got at Walmart.com so they get the full show.

There are still customers who ask the price on a sectional and then when you show up to do it there are a half dozen over-sized pillow and the couch itself is over-sized. That's when we pull out my price sheet that show what ovet-stuffed pillows cost. Now they realize the price they are trying to hold you too, because of your phone estimate, is just not going to hold... or I just say, "Listen I completely understand. I have a family as well and everyone is on a budget. I can just leave now and let you find someone who is more accomadating to your budget: I have only had 2 ppl in the last 3 years tell me they couldn't afford it.

My pricing reflects what I need to run a business and support a family. Those numbers are non negotiable or I don't say in business of feed my 2 kids. When the onsite negotiations start and they say would you do it for......II would love to be able to say " Well my son needs new clothes for school, should I tell him NO: LOL haven;t gotten to that point yet. but I am sure the day is coming....

Raise the minimum, I did 4 years ago to $150, now i am getting ready to raise it again but to $250