- Oct 10, 2013
- Real Name
- Nick Miladinov
Thanks! Not sure how to pm you! haha i'm new to this forum..Nick, pm me and let's have a conversation.
The rate of inflation is 3%, give or take. I don't raise prices every year but every year on January 1. When I go to clean a house I take the measurements and use my new psf rate of the added increase. If you go by room pricing add either 3% to the bill every year or if you want to do this every other year add on at a minimum 6%. In my eight years of owning this company I have had only one client ask why I raised my rates.
I have found my commercial clients don't even bat a eye as 3% to them is nothing. Residential clients can be price sensitive but if any bring up a objection to the price increase you explain your service (all the steps) and how your company provides a professional service but costs of services do rise and as much as you hate to do it, prices will rise ever so slightly. In all honestly, no client unless they are looking at a previous bill will see either a 3% increase or a 6% increase.