I'm new and need help choosing a truckmount.

Jose G

Dec 5, 2016
Real Name
Jose Gonzalez
Hi everyone, I'm new in truckmounts but I've been doing janitorial work cleaning commercial office buildings and cleaning carpets for about 10 years with a portable. I have a Mytee M-12 with heat and 1200 psi and 2'' vacuum hoses on it. I think is one of the most powerful portables and does a great job for a portable but I decided to grow and get my self a truckmount and start cleaning houses also. I'm pre-aproved by my bank up to $30,000 for an equipment loan, 6.25% for 72 months and the vehicle needs to be not older than 7 years for it to qualify. I don't do a lot of carpet cleaning but I'll start advertising and going door to door to get some clients. I'm confused with many options and I don't know where to start. I've been learning many new things here and I thank all of you and for this community it's really something special. Any advice will really help me make a decision. Thank you

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
1) prochem legend

Don't buy used unless you are handy with a wrench and want to spend countless hours working on if

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Garage builds and used TMs may look tempting due to their lower price - but unless you're mechanically savvy and have the time to work on them yourself, it may be better for you to consider one of the bigger name brands. Prochems have an outstanding reputation for longevity, as do HydraMasters, and both can be serviced by qualified mechanics all over the country. Sapphire rounds out the "big three" and is also easily serviced. Butler has a good reputation with many guys here, though it can be difficult to get some parts or service from them (they are notoriously proprietary but very good machines). I also hear good things about Cleanco, but I know little about them personally so can't say one way or the other.

Take a look at the base units offered by the bigger companies and compare their specs. You'll be able to narrow down the field to want versus need.

Reactions: BayouCitySteam

ero

Dec 4, 2016
Real Name
Eric Rojas
I'm also new , I bought a 2008 prochem apex with only 200 hours yes 200, for 12k today just the machine . Good deal ? Good machine ?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
New or used, yer going to need to know how to wrench on shit.
Not much cataclysmic shit can go wrong with a well maintained machine that's from major supplier...
Anything that's major won't be more than a few grand to replace.
I'm a fan of Prochem.
I've had a Legend, an Everest and now an Apex.
All great machines but I like the power and simplicity of my Apex the best.
Unless yer going to double wand, I'd steer you away from a machine as big as an Everest as it's just more power than you'll need.
Legends are a little light for long hose runs

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I'm also new , I bought a 2008 prochem apex with only 200 hours yes 200, for 12k today just the machine . Good deal ? Good machine ?

Good price. Go through the whole machine. New belts and all the fluids changed. That's a great machine. You'll love it. Good luck

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
What about a Judson TNT? I may be in the market for a truckmount soon and was looking at this one. I don't know anything about truckmounts but I am trying to learn.
Solid machine. Great machine for the money. If had a choice of any machine I'd buy another hydramaster 575.

Nov 2, 2015
Real Name
Jeremy stinson
I got a used prochem about 18 months ago and love it... they are reliable and stong.. and fairly easy to repair

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
i'm new also, I couldn't afford a really good truck mount so I bought a Mytee LTD12 Speedster with adjustable PSI 60 to 1000 for carpet, A power washer from Northern Tools with adjustable PSI 600 to 3,300 for hard surface i.e. tile & grout and a Little Giant #3HTXP Heater that will put out over 200 degrees at a max of 2,200 PSI. the whole set up cost around $6,000. i feel i'm more versatile with this set up too. i can run it from within the trailer or take it out and take it where ever i need to reach. i'm not sure if this is a good or bad set up but it's what i did to get the best pressure, heat and lift that I can without a big pricey truck mount. Good Luck!!

Reactions: CCWorks and Jose G

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
Used:
You can't beat Prochem or Sapphire.

New:
You can't beat Prochem or Sapphire.

One from either company will be a good purchase.

Hydramaster has come up in quality and is quite popular. However, I don't have any experience with them.

I would say stick with the big three, and you'll be happy.

Jose G

Dec 5, 2016
Real Name
Jose Gonzalez

Jose G

Dec 5, 2016
Real Name
Jose Gonzalez
1) prochem legend

Don't buy used unless you are handy with a wrench and want to spend countless hours working on if
I was about to go with the legend but found a good deal on craigslist and I just coudn't pass it up. Unit has 208 hrs almost brand new and came with lot's of extra stuff. Thanks for help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using TMF Forums mobile app

Jose G

Dec 5, 2016
Real Name
Jose Gonzalez
Garage builds and used TMs may look tempting due to their lower price - but unless you're mechanically savvy and have the time to work on them yourself, it may be better for you to consider one of the bigger name brands. Prochems have an outstanding reputation for longevity, as do HydraMasters, and both can be serviced by qualified mechanics all over the country. Sapphire rounds out the "big three" and is also easily serviced. Butler has a good reputation with many guys here, though it can be difficult to get some parts or service from them (they are notoriously proprietary but very good machines). I also hear good things about Cleanco, but I know little about them personally so can't say one way or the other.

Take a look at the base units offered by the bigger companies and compare their specs. You'll be able to narrow down the field to want versus need.
Wanted a butler but too expensive for now, I kept in mind what you said about want and need and passed on the butler and got something at lower price with everything I needed. Thanks

Jose G

Dec 5, 2016
Real Name
Jose Gonzalez

Good to know some one new like me. I also bought a newer 2012 tmt 3000 it's basically a modified boxxer. It has 208 hrs it was a package deal with many extras and custom trailer for 19k I think Prochem Apex is worth it they are top of line company you should be good. Wish you good luck!

Jose G

Dec 5, 2016
Real Name
Jose Gonzalez
New or used, yer going to need to know how to wrench on shit.
Not much cataclysmic shit can go wrong with a well maintained machine that's from major supplier...
Anything that's major won't be more than a few grand to replace.
I'm a fan of Prochem.
I've had a Legend, an Everest and now an Apex.
All great machines but I like the power and simplicity of my Apex the best.
Unless yer going to double wand, I'd steer you away from a machine as big as an Everest as it's just more power than you'll need.
Legends are a little light for long hose runs
Everest too big to start but I could also use it as I also do commercial often, but Legend should be a perfect size. I ended up buying a good package deal I think. Thanks for tip

Jan 2, 2017
Real Name
Ben Fosgate
They are a pretty sweet setup, you should like it! I have a package like that to try and sell shortly, but don't know what to try and ask for. Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it?