I'm nervous

Diamondcarpet

Aug 8, 2012
Real Name
Jerry
I've been cleaning carpet for 14 years and in business 8 months...I cleaned for this property owner two days ago and he's the president of a property association and he wants me to give speech may 1st on the rotovac. He can't believe the tremendous job I did and how I took my time compared to previous companys he used before and he never saw this machine before..I'm nervous suppost to give a 20min speech about the machine and my company. Any suggestions. ..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Dedicated

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Jerry,
CONGRAT'S !!! Don't be so nervous man! Organize some thoughts about the machine but you and your great service REALLY impressed this person. Explain how your experience led you to start a company that's focused on your customers need's and not splash&dash give me the money! To get this job you had to sell YOU! Sell YOU and your service AGAIN. More people and MORE OPPORTUNITY.GREAT JOB! ED

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Can you bring in samples?

I would go to a carpet store and get samples and, get them dirty and show them off.

20 minutes is a long time to talk about a machine. I may also bring in cleaners. I did a presentation for my business group and I went through some of my cleaners.

Reactions: Common janitor

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1398218636.232088.jpg

Here is a sample I took in

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Its a great opportunity.

Break it down in sections- about me, what we do, equipment, aftercare, etc
Then practice in front of a mirror, anticipation is much worse then actually doing it.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
It sounds like you should hit several main points.

Always tell them what you do that is different that is going to help them as property managers.
1. You take more time so that you can do the job right
2. You have the experience to deal with the mystery stains etc.
3. You understand their need to have fast turnarounds
4. You understand their need for profitability
5. You have the best equipment on the market and means ________ to them. (fill in the blank)

If you spend 4 minutes on each of these points you will fill your time. DO NOT GO OVER YOUR TIME ALLOTTED. Make it about them. Practice what you will say and practice it out loud. Then have your wife or whoever listen to it so that you are getting in front of real people and get over the butterflies. Remember, they get up and go to work everyday just like you. Don't be intimidated because they are working stiffs just like you!

I used to manage stores for a very major department store chain. When the owner came in, even before I was a manager (I was a stock-boy) I would stop and talk to him like he was just another Joe on the street. He always appreciated that and soon learned my name. People would see me talking to him and ask me if I was afraid to talk to him. I never could figure that out. He got up in the morning and went to work just like me....only he had much more money than I did and he had more toys than I did. So, what was there to fear????

LFC

Premium VIP
Oct 8, 2009
England
www.kleenrightuk.co.uk
Real Name
Mike McNally
Business Location
United Kingdom
I've been cleaning carpet for 14 years and in business 8 months...I cleaned for this property owner two days ago and he's the president of a property association and he wants me to give speech may 1st on the rotovac. He can't believe the tremendous job I did and how I took my time compared to previous companys he used before and he never saw this machine before..I'm nervous suppost to give a 20min speech about the machine and my company. Any suggestions. ..

Speak to Rotovac, I'm sure they'll be more than pleased to put something together for you.

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
Rotovac is a great tool but that's all it is . Make the presentation about your company and just touch on various tools . Rotovac, water claw ect ..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TMF Forums mobile app

I would describe the benefits and procedures used that made this guy ask for you to give a speech, after 14 years I'd think it would be pretty easy to speak confidently with regards to the process and methods that you use to provide high quality service and work, remember you are the expert and they want to hear what it is you do and how you do it. You may be nervous but I think once you get rolling during the talk you will feel more comfortable and fluid. I have had to give similar "speeches" and I to was nervous in the beginning, then I realized I really have a lot of useful information that we (cleaners) take for granted that the customer could benefit from. You could take up twenty minutes alone just speaking about cleaning procedure from start to end. Relax Be Yourself and Best of Luck!!
www.wilmingtoncarpetcare.com

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

How did your presentation end up going?

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
Well May 1st came and went... howd it go? My approach would have been..

talk about them, their needs...
move on to your process
give a demo with a pre soiled remnant
explain why it works
talk about your satellite services. repairs, ect