I'm finally in business next month! Toilet adapter?

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
Wow guys, it's been a long journey. I joined this forum almost ten years ago when I was a Stanley over at Steemers in the hopes of creating my own business. Finally, I've pulled the trigger! Deposit on equipment, insurance dialed in, website ready to be published, logos on the van, the whole nine yards!

Besides my general post of enthusiasm, I need to score a toilet adapter for my waste water. I can't seem to find one and Proline doesn't sell it. Where can I get one?

I will be steamin and dreamin the first week of January! Looking to have a much better year next year.

Thank you folks,

Furtado

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
Thank you guys! At stanley we had a weighted adapter that sat in the bowl and had a filter on it, do they not exist? I have a fancy pump out don't want to be watering some bathroom floors. I guess that will work just throwing it in, but seems a bit sketchy?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Thank you guys! At stanley we had a weighted adapter that sat in the bowl and had a filter on it, do they not exist? I have a fancy pump out don't want to be watering some bathroom floors. I guess that will work just throwing it in, but seems a bit sketchy?
You can't just pump into landscape in your area?

Reactions: John Rockwood

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've never seen one like that. I thought you meant one of the ones that clamps to the top of the bowl. If you want a filtered one like that, a piece of pvc pipe will work. Cap and glue one end and drill holes all around it. Line the inside with a bit of mesh or screen to catch the chunks. Top cap drill out and put a garden hose fitting on. Attach it to your hose and you have a homemade exit filter.

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
That's interesting Dream Clean, things may have changed since the old Stanley days. I'm sure I could make something, but could you show me the one that clamps to the bowl? I can't seem to find anything online.

No offence, but in my area my customer base would frown upon dumping in their landscaping. I live in a high end tech area in Silicon Valley. Everyone's yards are professionally landscaped and I don't think I'll get call backs if I leave carpet goo on the lawn. Going for that higher end cleaner / contractor look with my business since I've spent extra on the fancy pump out.

You guys are wonderful, I can't thank you enough for the help. I'll post some pictures of my truck and tune up my TMF account to better reflect my new business.

Merry Christmas friends.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
That's interesting Dream Clean, things may have changed since the old Stanley days. I'm sure I could make something, but could you show me the one that clamps to the bowl? I can't seem to find anything online.

No offence, but in my area my customer base would frown upon dumping in their landscaping. I live in a high end tech area in Silicon Valley. Everyone's yards are professionally landscaped and I don't think I'll get call backs if I leave carpet goo on the lawn. Going for that higher end cleaner / contractor look with my business since I've spent extra on the fancy pump out.

You guys are wonderful, I can't thank you enough for the help. I'll post some pictures of my truck and tune up my TMF account to better reflect my new business.

Merry Christmas friends.
Inline filter will take care of your concern of "carpet goo".

Reactions: Dream Clean

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell

Merry Christmas friends.

It took me a while to find it but I knew I had seen one before, but very rarely. Also John makes a good point. I don't personally dump on people's lawns, but you should always be using some type of in-line filter to catch the lint and debris that can hurt your pump out or get sucked into the vac motors over time. I've done a thorough prevac at plenty of jobs where my filter is still looking pretty bad at the end. Also cuts down on issues of clogging your drain hose or worse, the customer's toilet.

Reactions: Sapphire Steamer

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If its being pumped into the toilet then no filter needed. It should be filtered before the pump anyway. And non the less if it can make it through the pump then it will make it down the toilet. Ive always just put the hose into the toilet and closed the lid. For extra step to keep from worrying i put a jug on the seat. I did though use a plastic adapter on the brass end. To protect the bowl from scratches or marks. I tapped a peice of plastic the hose threaded into. It acted as a weight. But later i cut it off and just used a hose. Never had a hose jump out and make a mess. If still worried then use sewer clean out in the yard if its accessible. Just make sure it is sewer and not something else.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
agree with above.

Filter on the vac line. Keeps your waste tank cleaner and no goo.

Ive never had problems with wastewater on the lawn. Just hide it in a bush if possible and I clean high end homes. I just cant picture running ANOTHER hose into the house, let alone have to find a bathroom to put it in. I can see more problems with that than running a hose into a bush. But if thats your thing then go for it.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I think we give people more credit than they deserve. As long as you aren't dumping it down the driveway and its running down the street smelling like crap, people won't care too much. Every now and then you'll get that ONE person who watches you like a hawk the entire time.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I use an inline vac filter with knee-high filter, in-tank nylon bag, and APO thru black NINJA (inconspicuous) garden hose onto the grass. This has never been an issue in 30 years of cleaning. The APO never gets plugged up; it pumps no debris out, just dirty water.

DuckerTrucker

Mar 15, 2021
Real Name
Andy Zagger
Wow guys, it's been a long journey. I joined this forum almost ten years ago when I was a Stanley over at Steemers in the hopes of creating my own business. Finally, I've pulled the trigger! Deposit on equipment, insurance dialed in, website ready to be published, logos on the van, the whole nine yards!

Besides my general post of enthusiasm, I need to score a toilet adapter for my waste water. I can't seem to find one and Proline doesn't sell it. Where can I get one?

I will be steamin and dreamin the first week of January! Looking to have a much better year next year.

Thank you folks,

Furtado
That`s great, man!
I was also looking to go in the same direction, but, yep, it`s not a сakewalk. You need to be very clear with planning & money, and be risky sometimes. So respect to you and good luck!