Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Deron.jpg
I'm just waiting on my statue above each page. I just hope that TMF doesn't blow it and the statue accurately depicts me in all my stunning male beauty.

Get to work, fellas.
Here's your statue bruttha!

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I've seen this on other (un) carpet related boards.
Someone with enormous industry/product/technique knowledge gets driven off never to be heard from again. It sad, often I logged on just to see what Paul posted (I've read his archived posts as well, what a wealth of info). He was a great asset. I hope some day he'll consider returning, but think about it, he bills well over $100 an hour, then he takes his time to offer an authoritative perspective on a given situation only to have to waste hours defending himself. Guys, these are a peoples opinions on here...you can't argue with an opinion, and likely can't change theirs over an internet forum.
I think most of us would agree with what Paul says at least 90% of the time, why choose to argue about the other 10% a drive someone this valuable off. He was volunteering his time here!
Oh cut it out.... One click of the button and you dont have to defend anything. I agree, Paul is an asset and I always admire how detailed and thoughtful his posts are. These are a couple threads here.... a couple there. Big deal. Admins. shut it down as is their prerogative. Its the underbelly and by-product of an open forum. Anybody can give their opinion and anybody can comment. No body makes you get into a back an forth. You choose to.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Paul is a walking encyclopedia regarding cleaning knowledge.
My recommendation would be to archive Paul's posts into a category of its own so members can study his responses to cleaning problems.
Dude has forgot more than most will ever know about the technical aspects of our industry.
From one Sonoma county cleaner to "our best"...we'll miss yer input immensely Paul.

I don't know enough about our industry...but i know enough to know that i will never know half as much as that Man new about it...:oops::(

Reactions: aloha one

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Paul is the only one that can say what or who drove him to make the decision to walk away. Until Paul says what it was everyone is just stating their opinions, I have my own opinion as well but it makes no sense for me to post it without hearing the real reason from Paul first.

Nahhhhh...he was run oft.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
So did some actually insult paul with vulgarity? or did they just disagree with him?
I think someone told Paul that his Mom wore army boots and then shit got real David! The thread was cleaned up for a reason ... I'm assuming somebody(s) was told were the bear shits in the buckwheat! Must have been bad if it was already in the flame room and admin stepped in.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Those last posts of his are irrelavan
I think someone told Paul that his Mom wore army boots and then shit got real David! The thread was cleaned up for a reason ... I'm assuming somebody(s) was told were the bear shits in the buckwheat! Must have been bad if it was already in the flame room and admin stepped in.
i just think the Mytee bashing got to him. Then John L put up that post about beeing disgusted about tmfers asking for a discount and that probably pushed him.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Cannot tell a LIE....or Can I...:rolleyes::D:cool:

Reactions: emeraldclean

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Those last posts of his are irrelavan

i just think the Mytee bashing got to him. Then John L put up that post about beeing disgusted about tmfers asking for a discount and that probably pushed him.
I read the whole thread ( mytee tool wrecked chair) but after it was locked and cleaned up. Boy it's been awhile since some good ole bickering and belly aching and bullshit has gone on. Use to be almost daily some thread had to go to flameroom or closed LOL!
Some members what all business and everyone act upstanding... mmmmm not gonna happen. And if that is the protocal to be on here... I would log in much less.
I think some members get a little too wound up and type shit before they have a chance to think and perhaps cool down .

rstrick

Mar 30, 2011
NC
www.allprocarpetcareandrestorationnc.com
Real Name
ryan Strickland
Business Location
United States
Man.....you guys have been crazy all day with these two threads. Do y'all work at all?

I do believe "cleaning up" threads is a really bad practices. What the HECK are these Mods doing? All it takes is a quick control post when this stuff gets a little wild. I have yet to see that happen in any of these hot heated topics. What does happen is it gets to a extremely high crazy level and then the admin feels the need to "clean up" and then shut down. That causes even more problems, causing expression of opinions to be stifled. Thus you are left with multiple frustrated threads of drama. Just created more problems.

Now I completely understand that my expressed opinion is not valuable by anyone here. But, I have done Moderation control and what I speak of above works.

Now I'm going to look for Tom Conway and pick on him for awhile.

Reactions: aloha one

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Finally! A chance to win TMF Member of the Year!
You can have it along with being TMF's newest moderator.

While we are at it we can make @rstrick a moderator as well so he can be a part of the secret underground:rolleyes:.

You guys think being a moderator is a special thing.....All it means to be a moderator is you have to babysit a bunch of grown jackasses that are so insecure with them self that all they can do is put others down. You guys want the job...you can have it.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Man.....you guys have been crazy all day with these two threads. Do y'all work at all?

I do believe "cleaning up" threads is a really bad practices. What the HECK are these Mods doing? All it takes is a quick control post when this stuff gets a little wild. I have yet to see that happen in any of these hot heated topics. What does happen is it gets to a extremely high crazy level and then the admin feels the need to "clean up" and then shut down. That causes even more problems, causing expression of opinions to be stifled. Thus you are left with multiple frustrated threads of drama. Just created more problems.

Now I completely understand that my expressed opinion is not valuable by anyone here. But, I have done Moderation control and what I speak of above works.

Now I'm going to look for Tom Conway and pick on him for awhile.
No I don't work and second...I appreciate everyones Opinion whether I agree or not..Stimulating to my sorry AZZ!

rstrick

Mar 30, 2011
NC
www.allprocarpetcareandrestorationnc.com
Real Name
ryan Strickland
Business Location
United States

While we are at it we can make @rstrick a moderator as well so he can be a part of the secret underground:rolleyes:.

You guys think being a moderator is a special thing.....All it means to be a moderator is you have to babysit a bunch of grown jackasses that are so insecure with them self that all they can do is put others down. You guys wan the job...you can have it.

Doing a great job Todd. I take back my vote for Jason as Moderator of the month, your the man.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States

You guys think being a moderator is a special thing.....All it means to be a moderator is you have to babysit a bunch of grown jackasses that are so insecure with them self that all they can do is put others down. You guys wan the job...you can have it.

Oh, hell no, I wouldn't want to be a moderator.....well, unless they gave me free reign of a BAN BUTTON. In a matter of a day, I would send all of the douchebags, alley scrubs, degenerates, mountain rubes and drunkards down the shute.

Hell no, I am not suited to be a moderator but I confess that if you ever turn your head and pull one hand off of the glorious TMF Member of the Year trophy, I'm gonna grab it running.