IICRC or Clean Trust or?

Peter Breen

Jan 5, 2009
Saint Albans Vermont
Real Name
Peter Breen
Mick you know that won"t happen for all those that changed logos on shirts, vans, letter heads ect. ect. I am one of those that will go to classes when i WANT to but will not send moneys for a certification 18 yrs. being loyal and my local carpet retailers have never heard of the iicrc. Peter B.

The lack of information made available from organisations, is the main reason i dropped out of IICRC and Woolsafe.
Most want YOU to spend YOUR money advertising THEIR operations, so they can attract MORE members.
If they had spent part of the annual fees promoting Members to the broader community, maybe more would have stayed with them.
When it is all boiled down, the only ones that know about these organisations are OTHER cleaners.

Mick

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
If the rumor is true, who cares?? I would think only "those" members. John Q public doesn't even know what IICRC stands for...Membership??? LOL . Not to offend my IICRC brothers, I feel they are yanking your chain!! The IICRC is just not for me. "Experience is My Teacher".. I am surrounded by some of the smartest people in the industry right here on "ALLSTAR FORUMS!!!! nite nite IICRC....

RoyS

May 26, 2011
Real Name
Roy Sanders
The IICRC board votes to reverse name change
VANCOUVER, WA — The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Board of Directors has voted to return the formal name of the organization to the IICRC, keeping Clean Trust as the service mark of the organization, according to a press release.

The full details surrounding the transition will be announced at the Certification Council on April 22, 2012, the release stated.

"We've heard the feedback from registrants over the past few months and considered many options," said IICRC Chairman Darrell Paulson.

"Ultimately, the board has decided to use the IICRC as the main brand and use the Clean Trust as a service mark. This allows us to honor the 40-year history of our organization, while also working to gain more awareness with end users. We are still working through all of the details and we thank the inspection, cleaning and restoration community for their patience during this process," Paulson added.

According to the release, the IICRC will retain the use of the updated logo, which represents the strength and breadth of the organization.

Updated materials with the new IICRC logo and an updated design will gradually rollout in the coming months, including ID cards, brochures, introductory video and a new website, the release noted.

Gymee

Banned
Apr 4, 2007
Mn
Real Name
Jesus
Business Location
United States
Will they offer patches for shirt sleeves?

Carpet cleaners love patches they can show off.

Patches on old faded out or worn shirts to go with their gangster shorts and untied tennis shoes.

Papabear

Feb 21, 2012
Oregon
I do not find fault with the classes and I guess a test shows that you paid attention in class. I let my membership lapse because like any marketing effort where you are expecting an ROI, in this case there is none, ziltch, zero, nada.

Kerry

Aug 25, 2010
Real Name
Kerry Larson
Since I really don't have much to say about the "IICRC" other than I'm a Master Tech, I will try to put an end to the age old toilet seat debacle. Next time your girlfriend/wife/mother yells at you for not putting the seat down after going wee wee, tell them they had better remember to lift the lid when they are done. Why? Because if they don't lift the lid we will forget to lift it before we go, and pee all over it. Hey, if they can be so absent minded that they fall in the toilet if the seat isn't down, we can be absent minded enough to just leave it down and leak all over it. Right? Then they can either clean it before they sit or they are gonna have a wet butt.

IICRC, Clean Trust, whatever. I am certified (or was, need to take another class) to be able to show my clients that I am serious about education and quality. It also gave me the confidence needed to charge more, and progress in the industry. I really wish they would have left the name alone, Clean Trust is a terrible name at best.

Kerry

Aug 25, 2010
Real Name
Kerry Larson
I personally knew nothing about it until it was all done and over. I couldn't believe it when I heard the name, it's awful. It sounds exactly like what a board of directors sitting in a conference room would dream up: "hey bob, we need a name that sounds trustworthy and like a corporation, I know, the Clean Trust!" What a joke. They definitely should have asked us what they should have named it, I would have told them to leave it alone or came up with something a lot better.