IICRC CCT Class and Certification

bIGPoPpa

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Real Name
Meatball Parm
Business Location
United States
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My real, "real name" is Matt. The one I listed here in my profile just fits this stereotypical state that I live in pretty well.....although hair gel might be a close second. Anyway, I stumbled across TMF about two years ago. Since then I have been hooked and addicted to this forum. I'm on a quest to be one of the best "craftsmen" in the cleaning and restoration industry......a goal that someday will hopefully become attainable, although one can never stop learning. I can't believe how this profession has so many quality guys willing to share their knowledge and experience with others. This forum is thankful.....I am at least anyway if no one feels the same.....to have the "heavy hitters" it does.....I'm not going to name drop only because I'm fearful of leaving someone out.....but you guys know who you are.

That being said, I recently completed the CCT class and certification last week. It was probably one of the only classes I did not fall asleep in growing up. The information was abundant and I highly recommend anyone getting into the business to get their certification. After being on this forum and then going to the class.....everything just made sense. I often found myself getting confused on TMF with so many different chemicals and approaches being discussed.....I guess to me the class was worth its weight in gold. However, I think if I attended the class without first discovering TMF.....I would of been lost. Hope I didn't bore anyone. And by the way, I look nothing like big poppa, quite the opposite actually.....just a name that stuck with me since high school.

Reactions: Scott W

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Welcome Matt to TMF. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy!

your good sons

Apr 11, 2011
Real Name
bye
Business Location
United States
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My real, "real name" is Matt. The one I listed here in my profile just fits this stereotypical state that I live in pretty well.....although hair gel might be a close second. Anyway, I stumbled across TMF about two years ago. Since then I have been hooked and addicted to this forum. I'm on a quest to be one of the best "craftsmen" in the cleaning and restoration industry......a goal that someday will hopefully become attainable, although one can never stop learning. I can't believe how this profession has so many quality guys willing to share their knowledge and experience with others. This forum is thankful.....I am at least anyway if no one feels the same.....to have the "heavy hitters" it does.....I'm not going to name drop only because I'm fearful of leaving someone out.....but you guys know who you are.

That being said, I recently completed the CCT class and certification last week. It was probably one of the only classes I did not fall asleep in growing up. The information was abundant and I highly recommend anyone getting into the business to get their certification. After being on this forum and then going to the class.....everything just made sense. I often found myself getting confused on TMF with so many different chemicals and approaches being discussed.....I guess to me the class was worth its weight in gold. However, I think if I attended the class without first discovering TMF.....I would of been lost. Hope I didn't bore anyone. And by the way, I look nothing like big poppa, quite the opposite actually.....just a name that stuck with me since high school.
I had my CCT Class with the president of Masterblend, Aaron Groseclose. The man is a walking encyclopedia. What part of NJ?

bluekeysreef

Oct 2, 2012
Real Name
Jason Hubbard
I agree with your sentiments about the quality of people on this board. Very friendly and forthcoming with information.

bIGPoPpa

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Real Name
Meatball Parm
Business Location
United States
Thanks Rob!

I felt the same about my instructor....Doug Bowles. I'm from the Passaic / Essex County area Peter.

your good sons

Apr 11, 2011
Real Name
bye
Business Location
United States
I am in Orange County, NY I service Rockland as well. I'd be hitting places like Mahwah, West Milford and Vernon but my insurance doesn't cover me in NJ. It isn't worth the expense because I wouldn't be going too often to NJ. Do you have a business up and running? What equipment?

bIGPoPpa

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Real Name
Meatball Parm
Business Location
United States
Thanks Scott....and thank you for all your previous help.

And thanks for the avatar....gonna have to assume it was Tre....or Rob...but thank you.

And I am up and running....although not advertising. Right now just referrals and word of mouth for residential that is. Started in the carpet end of the cleaning industry about two years ago servicing my commercial accounts. It has now grown into residential which I really enjoy doing. Running a Amtex Dragon 30/47 which is truly an awesome machine, with the best customer service. The heat and suction on that thing are tremendous.