If you're not color sealing, you're missing out on easy $ and ecstatic customers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

If you're not color sealing, you're missing out on easy $ and ecstatic customers

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Jeez had another post here too ... ??
Just saying i see why shane is questioning his motives. New member and all

davidg01234

Jul 19, 2014
Real Name
David Galvan
Here in TX i see tile in just about all the houses i go in. Looks like dollar signs to me once i get this colorsealing thing down. Which seams easy enough actually

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
I have always wanted to do this but half the time I get clear sealer on the tile . This seems like a nightmare but for an extra 50 cents a square foot .

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
I'll be that guy and say it: I just always thought color seal was for people who didn't know how to clean grout well!
Never came across a floor we couldn't clean and someone needed to cover it with color. I've done one color job in 8 yrs and it was because the lady hated the white grout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dekeil

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I'll be that guy and say it: I just always thought color seal was for people who didn't know how to clean grout well!
Never came across a floor we couldn't clean and someone needed to cover it with color. I've done one color job in 8 yrs and it was because the lady hated the white grout.

I would agree but there are exceptions. I did a clean & clear seal yesterday with patched repairs of grout, so different colors / age. No way she would pay for regrout the whole floor, so a properly applied color seal would have helped, but then I don't have it in my tool kit.

Reactions: Smittys6

Superduperclean

Sep 29, 2015
Litchfield Park, AZ
allamanclean.com
Real Name
Mitch Allaman
Business Location
United States
Properly applied being the key word there. I just had one that I cleaned after the fact. It was Spectrum, I spoke with the original guy and he told me. Initially assumed it was CBP because of how easy it came off.

Fixed it all up but I am not certain about the Spectrum product after this job. But I don't know if it was applied correctly so it is hard to judge it.

I uploaded some befores. And then a before/after pic. I had to touch it up all over the place.

Took yalls advice and hit it with a low dilution alkaline and 400 psi too stop it from coming back off. Still came up in huge chunks in places.

Overall a good experience and gained a lifetime customer

Attachments

Reactions: rob allen

tyrone

Feb 19, 2017
Real Name
tyrone taylor
Is this a strip and wax? Or simply tile and grout cleaning

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

I only offer color seal when someone isn't happy with the color of the grout compared to the color of the tile, not as a means to cover dirty grout.

boho44

Mar 27, 2012
Ontario
Real Name
Robert Houlden
Business Location
Canada
I hear you can apply color clad with a white pad and orbital with a light rinse with an extractor. The seal only bonds to the grout and will come off the tile easily. Anyone try this method? It would be great for a large area.

Reactions: Luky and B14

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I had nightmares last night because of this thread. I had a long ass dream that I was color sealing a house and it all went very wrong.
Thanks for your input. I had similar experience, but it was about blueberry bushes, in
my dream I was surrounded by never ending greenery. In this case price was too high...

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I'm convinced that disaster is bound to strike in one way shape or another.

On the few that I've don't chit went haywire in one aspect or another.

But we corrected.

I look at it as a strategic advantage.

Because they're is hardly any..I mean ANY competition. And demand is thru da roof if marketed & priced properly.

They pricing is a current challenge for us only because it's taking us quite a bit of time because we're still getting the hang of it.

But I can also see clearly that, once we're more efficient and proficient, we'll cut our production times in half - easily!
Yes, once wheel-brush combo for color seal is invented and it would be easy to walk it
down the grout lines. Ohh, but I forgot, those lines have various width.Until then, hurting our knee caps is the only answer .Yes, you're right again, while big boys are charging $3 , we are willing to do it for a half price, which along carpet& upholstery, leather, wood&LVT, pressure washing, color seal might be another service we can offer at discounted price. No, thanks.
All props to @AZStoneguy who is a stand up guy and very knowledgeable too.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Yes, once wheel-brush combo for color seal is invented and it would be easy to walk it
down the grout lines. Ohh, but I forgot, those lines have various width.Until then, hurting our knee caps is the only answer .Yes, you're right again, while big boys are charging $3 , we are willing to do it for a half price, which along carpet& upholstery, leather, wood&LVT, pressure washing, color seal might be another service we can offer at discounted price. No, thanks.
All props to @AZStoneguy who is a stand up guy and very knowledgeable too.
*first off a disclaimer*

My post on this forum get Grammatically edited to appear disjointed. Weak people.

MSI

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Tom Andrews
I have been using Grout Perfect for 7 years, but I am thinking about trying Color Clad and comparing the two. I have zero issues with Grout Perfect, just like the fact the Color Clad can be mixed onsite to match any grout color
Used quite a few color seals from different mfrs including above. Favorite is Grout Shields. Contractor cost is lowest and they sell in any color/pint/quart/gallon configuration. I order colors from the Custom grout color chart at Home Depot. Their Clear Seal (solvent) product is very good especially for sealing tile & grout on walls. My experience with Michael (owner) is outstanding. BTW, I only color seal surfaces I'm coating. For coatings over Grout Shields, I use Praetorian Protective Finishes after using hundreds of gallons from other mfrs. Again, best products, best customer service. Seen too many color seal jobs fail/peel after a few years, a great way to lose customers and friends. Never happens with coatings.

Reactions: Jeff Maietta

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Reactions: MikeV