If you're not color sealing, you're missing out on easy $ and ecstatic customers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

If you're not color sealing, you're missing out on easy $ and ecstatic customers

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I'm convinced that disaster is bound to strike in one way shape or another.

On the few that I've don't chit went haywire in one aspect or another.

But we corrected.

I look at it as a strategic advantage.

Because they're is hardly any..I mean ANY competition. And demand is thru da roof if marketed & priced properly.

They pricing is a current challenge for us only because it's taking us quite a bit of time because we're still getting the hang of it.

But I can also see clearly that, once we're more efficient and proficient, we'll cut our production times in half - easily!
To reiterate my main concern, where do you stand on the longevity of this service? What are you findings on how long will the color sealing stay in shape without flaking?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I'm with you on this one color sealing isn't for everyone and Shane is just one of those individuals that his time is better spent doing other things and should leave this type of work to someone that specializes in it. We all have our strengths..... I have color sealed and I always alkaline and acid cleaned before color sealing.

However I don't really believe color sealing is a solution, regrouting and proper maintenance is though, if the original grout is too far gone or heavily stained. Either way it's hard to sell it, so I'd rather focus else where.
Well said.

Some of us like niche/boutique like setups. Some like big broad generalist type of services.... to each his/her own I say

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Even if you don't call her seal you should keep some on hand to touch up stains after cleaning.

Reactions: StevenB.
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
To reiterate my main concern, where do you stand on the longevity of this service? What are you findings on how long will the color sealing stay in shape without flaking?

I did this demo in the worst & most abused area in a Commercial restroom.

After 60 days it didn't budge & we landed the gig + quarterly maintenance.

Long as I maintain it, it'll stay flawless

20141215_142655.jpg

20141221_134321.jpg

Last edited:

AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Brady Wright
Shane, 7 years of color sealing, not a huge sample but a rough guess with out looking back would be 300 floors that are 5 years or older. I have never had an issue with flaking or peeling, only normal wear. Also I did not say that I never acid wash. I know the benefits especially on a trashed floor. Most of our homes are less than 10 years old and most of our clients are very clean people, otherwise they would not pay a premium to have their grout look brand new.

The bottles come from Grout perfect. They are meant as sample bottles, but we found that they fit easily in your hand and are much easier to use than the pint bottles they send.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Shane, 7 years of color sealing, not a huge sample but a rough guess with out looking back would be 300 floors that are 5 years or older. I have never had an issue with flaking or peeling, only normal wear. Also I did not say that I never acid wash. I know the benefits especially on a trashed floor. Most of our homes are less than 10 years old and most of our clients are very clean people, otherwise they would not pay a premium to have their grout look brand new.

The bottles come from Grout perfect. They are meant as sample bottles, but we found that they fit easily in your hand and are much easier to use than the pint bottles they send.
They just started franchising in 2007.

Are you the franchise owner in scottsdale or just a marketer for them?

AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Brady Wright
A marketer for them? Earlier I stated that I was looking at trying Color Clad?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
A marketer for them? Earlier I stated that I was looking at trying Color Clad?
So do you own a sir grout franchise or what?

Forgive me for being an a-hole but my gawd people come here all the time with fantasies.
Usually involving $$$

This service is not easy or very lucrative on a large scale.

Reactions: john gerding

AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Brady Wright
I do not own a sir grout franchise. I am not selling anything, just trying to help others out. I do understand that AZ has more tile than most of the country, but I'm sure there are people from NV, CA, TX, NM, FL.... That could add this service.

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
I offer it. I use Color Clad. I love being able to make 89 colors with the eight core colors.
I've only done three color sealing jobs so far. They have gone real well. It does take more time than regular clear seal.
I'm hoping to do a lot more of it.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary

Forgive me for being an a-hole but my gawd people come here all the time with fantasies.
Usually involving $$$

So what if it isn't easy.

Look we offered air duct cleaning for YEARS. Now that's some tuff shit in being in attics during Georgia summers.

Nevermind crawl spaces.

Does that stop the organization of duct cleaning companies from popping up?

As for Me I'll never do that shot again. Glad I sold all my equipment for top dollar

Reactions: Luky
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary

Usually involving $$$

Better yet, I sure do hope more Georgia folk are deterred because of your comments.

You so lack imagination & vision Shane

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I do not own a sir grout franchise. I am not selling anything, just trying to help others out. I do understand that AZ has more tile than most of the country, but I'm sure there are people from NV, CA, TX, NM, FL.... That could add this service.
Then why is the ONLY reference to a brady wright/grout with linkedin and sir grout in scottsdale AZ?

like camacho @Prosteam-sonomacounty says... lies are like wolves, they travel in packs...

wiscokid

Apr 18, 2011
Real Name
js
Business Location
United States

Usually involving $$$

Maybe not in your experience with it. Try not to act like you know it all, cuz ya don't. Color sealing can be plenty lucrative with the right system in place. It takes a bit of time to get efficient with it.

Reactions: Smittys6
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Maybe not in your experience with it. Try not to act like you know it all, cuz ya don't. Color sealing can be plenty lucrative with the right system in place. It takes a bit of time to get efficient with it.
Agreed.

Instead of debating the guy based on the merits of his argument, Columbo shane goes down worthless rabbit holes

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
When I go do a Tile & Grout estimate I Color Seal my finger nails with ten of the most popular colors.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PistolPete