If you're not color sealing, you're missing out on easy $ and ecstatic customers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

If you're not color sealing, you're missing out on easy $ and ecstatic customers

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
Thank you, Brady for sharing information!

Does your price includes cleaning the tile and grout before coloring?
If that was just for the seal then I'm switching my whole business plan!!! Lol... Yes, it included the cleaning.:eek:

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Jose, pre spray with 2790, grout brush all lines, 175 with brush head and extract/rinse at about 400psi. Get dri pods going on finished areas. Ready to color seal by the time we are done wrapping up hoses. We use a 2oz bottle with a homemade brush attached to the tip. Do all lines going one way before you go back to do the opposite, this gives them time to dry before rolling over them with knee dolley. We almost always will do 2 thin coats of color seal unless it is a new install and they are using the same color. Final buff with 175 and white pad to finish.

We carry 10 popular colors by the gallon in the van, another4-5 in pints.
#respect

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Jose, pre spray with 2790, grout brush all lines, 175 with brush head and extract/rinse at about 400psi. Get dri pods going on finished areas. Ready to color seal by the time we are done wrapping up hoses. We use a 2oz bottle with a homemade brush attached to the tip. Do all lines going one way before you go back to do the opposite, this gives them time to dry before rolling over them with knee dolley. We almost always will do 2 thin coats of color seal unless it is a new install and they are using the same color. Final buff with 175 and white pad to finish.

We carry 10 popular colors by the gallon in the van, another4-5 in pints.
Can we see the 2oz bottle with the home made brush Brady? Wondering what kind of applicator works best.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Viper2 or viper renew, modern stone tech Easy etch. Viper renew is a stronger version of viper2.
How many years have you been colorsealing?
How many jobs are over 5 years and still holding up?

It matters with colorsealing...

and NO it is not easy money, actually hard work and very tedious.
Plus, you may or may not know but AZ has far more tile then the rest of the country.

Reactions: FloorCareChris
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
How many years have you been colorsealing?
How many jobs are over 5 years and still holding up?

It matters with colorsealing...

and NO it is not easy money, actually hard work and very tedious.
Plus, you may or may not know but AZ has far more tile then the rest of the country.
Can you read between the lines?o_O

He's already answered 4 of your 5 above questions Shane

"We do annual maintenance cleans of 50-60% of our customers. Never have an issue with peeling. After 4-5 years, the high traffic areas need some touch up."

Why don't you make room for other folks that also know what it is they're doing.

& no it doesn't take "years" to master a craft.

Just diligence

Last edited:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I had nightmares last night because of this thread. I had a long ass dream that I was color sealing a house and it all went very wrong.
I have those nightmares while I'm awake, reason why I'm still not convinced about color sealing.

Reactions: FloorCareChris

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Absolute!
I'm with you on this one color sealing isn't for everyone and Shane is just one of those individuals that his time is better spent doing other things and should leave this type of work to someone that specializes in it. We all have our strengths..... I have color sealed and I always alkaline and acid cleaned before color sealing.

However I don't really believe color sealing is a solution, regrouting and proper maintenance is though, if the original grout is too far gone or heavily stained. Either way it's hard to sell it, so I'd rather focus else where.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I had nightmares last night because of this thread. I had a long ass dream that I was color sealing a house and it all went very wrong.
I have those nightmares while I'm awake, reason why I'm still not convinced about color sealing.
I'm convinced that disaster is bound to strike in one way shape or another.

On the few that I've don't chit went haywire in one aspect or another.

But we corrected.

I look at it as a strategic advantage.

Because they're is hardly any..I mean ANY competition. And demand is thru da roof if marketed & priced properly.

They pricing is a current challenge for us only because it's taking us quite a bit of time because we're still getting the hang of it.

But I can also see clearly that, once we're more efficient and proficient, we'll cut our production times in half - easily!

Reactions: Jose Holguin