- May 16, 2012
- Real Name
- ANDY PEREZ
- Business Location
- United States
Hey guys so I am currently working my tail off 7 days a week clamming for cash to help pay for my business. I plan to start the following spring and I was wondering what you would do in order if you were in my position? I know this is a crazy question but I am trying to put together a written business plan and I am trying to figure out what to do first? Is it to get certified in every type of floor cleaning by the iicrc first? Business name? llc? I have been researching each morning and every night of every day to do this thing right. I am even thinking of taking some local small business and marketing classes to help. Thank you guys so much without this forum I cant imagine how I would obtain the amount of information I have already!
I would listen to all the great advise others have offer.
If you are in a situation that you can't do it full time then start part time .Thats how I got my feet wet.
1. Don't know were you are located but, ask for a ride along. Work with another professional carpet cleaner.
2. As already pointed out buy a truck mount if budget is there if not start with a good portable and a 175 great for agitation . I still got mine. you will always need one if you stay in the business.
3. As already pointed clean friends and family for free while you get to learn .
4. marketing well this will be a long post , read what others our doing in truck mounts forum , what wokrks for me may not work for you. You will have to try what works best for you in your area,.( post cards , flyers , email marketing, Facebook, next-door, youtube etc...)
But the best I've found word of mouth have business card with you at all time.
5. Classes hell yeah I'm in my 5 year and I still go theres always something new to learn.
Great way to meat others and ask question .
Hope this help.