longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I was called about a sisal rug that the customer thought had drywall dust on it. It had been cleaned by another company but looked worse after they cleaned it. I attempted to clean the rug in the poorly lit room it was in. The light area remained and looked like drywall dust that had possibly hardened in the fiber of the rug. I told the customer that I would have to take it to my rug shop to do things to the rug that I couldn't do in her home.

I got the rug to my shop and took a very close look at the fibers. Under better lighting it looked to me that it was, in fact, color loss and not drywall dust that was the problem. I had no dye suitable for a natural fiber so I happened to think about an article that I had read about using natural things to dye items with. Tea was suggested in the article. After carefully mixing the tea to match the color of the sisal rug I misted an area with the tea. After it dried I was amazed at the outcome which was a perfect match in color.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive used coffee and tea to correct several rugs over the years

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I was called about a sisal rug that the customer thought had drywall dust on it. It had been cleaned by another company but looked worse after they cleaned it. I attempted to clean the rug in the poorly lit room it was in. The light area remained and looked like drywall dust that had possibly hardened in the fiber of the rug. I told the customer that I would have to take it to my rug shop to do things to the rug that I couldn't do in her home.

I got the rug to my shop and took a very close look at the fibers. Under better lighting it looked to me that it was, in fact, color loss and not drywall dust that was the problem. I had no dye suitable for a natural fiber so I happened to think about an article that I had read about using natural things to dye items with. Tea was suggested in the article. After carefully mixing the tea to match the color of the sisal rug I misted an area with the tea. After it dried I was amazed at the outcome which was a perfect match in color.
Tea with rum would be okay? Ideal dilution: 4 parts of rum, 1 part of tea. Temperature: very hot.
Sisal is a product of nature, so is the tea. Ideal match after all...
Did you use sinker( tea ball) to make the tea or use the tea bag?