If you do a lot of commercial.... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

If you do a lot of commercial....

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I think you have big toy syndrome. Bonzer works fine. I know y’all are emotionally attached but I am not. The truth is I have all of them and this is how I see it;

Bonzer
Lightweight-Easiest to use
Works great in resi & comm
Drys carpet fastest
Self adjusting head
Cleans in forward & reverse
Encapsulates heat best
Handle could be built better
Be nice if had a 14” or 15” available

Zipper
Heavy
Built best
Have to adjust head
Works best in comm setting
Standard jet cleans forward only
Loses heat our sides
Is available in larger sizes 15 & 17
Spinner great but only works on large Truckmounts or over wets and less waste water removal
Lifetime tool

Bonzer is a Toyota and Zipper is a Lexus. Two different markets. Both get you where your going.
No syndrome. I actually was a zipper hater for quite a while.

Everyone has their preference, to me the bonzer was really not a good tool mostly due to the head size. I cant stand a 12in wand unless I'm doing a furniture heavy residential like a townhouse or something.

Big open areas (which these tools are designed for) is really painful with a 12in tool

The handle design also really got to me personally and imo the tool just doesn't have a commercial quality look to it.

I do know u have industry beef with others and I get it, you also have a thing with rotovac.. I don't mean this thread to spark any of that drama and nobody asked me to post anything.

Reactions: Thewy

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Today I have only walked with my wand and really less impact on my back and made my job very easy and was very quick, this is what I am doing in open areas from here on really.
Its the same idea as that, and also exactly what Jim is describing in how you manage the hoses.....

With one big difference, no dry pass needed... nothing coming out in the clear tube, not even bubbles.

Reactions: Fedri

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Bonzer isn't even close imo. Its like a toy comparatively.

The handle design is awful and the head is only 12in wide which defeats the purpose of a tool like this. Its almost as slow as a rotary.

12in cleaning path is painful on big open spaces

I dont know if I agree with you (but no worries I completely respect you)
The zipper (if I am not mistaken also) makes a smaller version below 14.

The standard zipper is nice, I wont argue. But I think that if you already in your mind are more attracted to a certain look or name, that itself will pretty much convince you. Not saying anything negative.

Both tools are awesome!

But The Bonzer is now available as a wand style that mean no more motorcycle or T style handle to pull. So the you have it more options which is good for make it easier or better comfort for the user.

I admit when I heard Bonzer I was discouraged by just the name.
When I heard Zipper I said whats that!? I first saw the Zipper And was waiting for more production to see one in person, cause I wanted one really badly!
Then Bonzer came out, I tried to go see one in person but I was So overwhelmed with work.

I called rotovac to order some maintenance supplies and asked about the bonzer I asked for some info, read it and thought interesting.

I have seen the zipper and its nice, shinny and looks well built, but got discouraged at a few things especially the price.

I paid for the Bonzer and really enjoyed their no pressure and the Money back including shipping!!?!?! who does that?

on the first job it was a no brainer just as it would have been with the zipper, difference would bee if I would have to climb 3 sets of stairs in a apartment building that has no elevator (there are a bunch of those style building in the bay area)

to me for the lower cost that gets you a beautiful tool and works and Honestly you dont need weight on a speed drag wand, if you need weight maybe the blower is not doing its job or maybe pressure relief is not adjusted properly?

Anyhow
(God willing) Ill be adding the Zipper Spinner very soon

then Ill have a good comparison between a Bonzer and a spinner.

Im getting old and I am not looking forward to a heavy tool which adds weight to my van, lowering fuel economy driving gas expense, and the wear and tear on my body. I keep remembering what Rob says "work smarter Not harder"

But im willing to give the Zipper spinner a try

Reactions: ACP and Fedri

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
You know what's funny, is long time operators in my market, 10+ years routinely make fun of me for buying a Mytee TRex. Yet I've already bought a second NEW truck, have enough business that schedule is packed full the next two weeks and people are telling me they are willing to WAIT because they hear how good we are.

Really think that $2,000 tool is the reason you wont have money next month ?

As Rob also said, appearance business. Again I get criticized for buying new. Customers feel better when they see new and professional. They also pay more.

Recently I'm getting hotels calling. In the past it was a waste of my time because I was always higher priced. Now I'm winning them because I bring the decision maker outside and SHOW him my van.

It is difficult to turn away a true professional who looks and feels good.

So strangely we are growing during a pandemic.

Dont underestimate the sizzle when putting steak on the menu.

Hey that is a BEaUTiFUL set up you gots!!!!!!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
First I have seen this, did not know it was made like this either.

I seen this before.

Thank you for the photos.

Looking at these photos Definitely the spinner is a better version, But the Bonzer is a better design with its backwards or forward cleaning, much better flushing/rinsing when comparing Bonzer vs standard 13" Zipper.

The 17 looks interesting but at that price it needs to clean forwards and backwards

Reactions: ACP

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Thank you for the photos.

Looking at these photos Definitely the spinner is a better version, But the Bonzer is a better design with its backwards or forward cleaning, much better flushing/rinsing when comparing Bonzer vs standard 13" Zipper.

The 17 looks interesting but at that price it needs to clean forwards and backwards
Surprisingly you would think you need jets aiming back to clean backwards but I'm clesning backwards every day with it. First vac slot is removing pre spray and emulsified soils, then the jets pass, then 2nd vac slot is removing the rinse water.

Remember wands all have their jets aiming forward and you clean with backstroke, this is just adding an additional vac slot and encapsulating all the heat

Also the head is pretty much always down on the carpet keeping the lift up the entire time

Cleans a bit better forwards but it's hardly noticeable. Under the hood is a complete bath of steam, but yes the jets impact toward the front.

Idk if the 13 is still made, we got the 15in. If I did a lot of commercial I would absolutely get the 17in.

Its also really nice for area rugs, no need for a weight or anyone to stand on one end. Did another really thick shag today and it flushed it like crazy

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Funny how it goes crickets once I mention every wand has jets aimed forward and we mostly all clean with a back stroke lol.

So much for the it only cleans in one direction theory. Debunked.

Reactions: Swani21

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Funny how it goes crickets once I mention every wand has jets aimed forward and we mostly all clean with a back stroke lol.

So much for the it only cleans in one direction theory. Debunked.
Not true, my trex lays it down 360 and can clean in every direction

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Sorry I was too busy pulling another $1,600 day to respond
More of those then I can count lately. Pandemic I think wiped out a bunch of competitors

They were barely hanging on anyways with cost of living here. 2500 rent for a 1 bedroom, $500,000 buys you a tool shed

Add in a 2 month shut down, bye bye