sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have the bonzer and it works wonderfully!! But

I am tempted on getting the Zipper spinner. Sorry But the Zipper spinner I think is a level above the Bonzer or standard Zipper, The Zipper spinner appears to be the best to use on low cut or short loop pile commercial carpet

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
at 6 foot 7 inches I would definitely need the tall man handle. And from what I have read, zipper wins over Bonzer.

Only question is Spinner or no Spinner??? Anyone care to comment?

I truly believe the standard zipper and Bonzer are equivalent. Only difference is light construction VS heavy construction. Cleaning wise I dont see a difference. But The Zipper Spinner NOW that tool is definitely better than its original version or the Bonzer.
Its tough to say which to get. If you do a lot of low pile carpet I say spinner but if you are on a budget or arent sure you wont go wrong with either Bonzer or standard Zipper.

I chose the Bonzer because for me I did not need a heavy tool, its not necessary to have a all stainless steel double high flush drag wand, its just not needed unless you are a clumsy person who drops his tools regularly or by habit throws wands around carelessly.

The only issue I have with the Spinner is that it does not have a seal to floor at the manifold, I personally rather invest the heat into the cleaning area than have it gas/steam out.

Other than that I think the Spinner is the best choice. Years ago Hydro force tool a spin on their own version, I am glad they stimulated the idea but if they would have made the spinner Zipper, Man theyd be ahead of the game .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I Bonzered my showroom floor Saturday. Came out amazing. I really like that they added a magnet. Best things about Bonzer is it’s more lightweight so you don’t wear out. Also it encapsulates the heat under the head better. The angled head allows you to get under base and lock boards. Plus the jet configuration actually makes it clean in forward and back stroke. When I came in this morning I was impressed with the carpets.

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Bonzer isn't even close imo. Its like a toy comparatively.

The handle design is awful and the head is only 12in wide which defeats the purpose of a tool like this. Its almost as slow as a rotary.

12in cleaning path is painful on big open spaces

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I truly believe the standard zipper and Bonzer are equivalent. Only difference is light construction VS heavy construction. Cleaning wise I dont see a difference. But The Zipper Spinner NOW that tool is definitely better than its original version or the Bonzer.
Its tough to say which to get. If you do a lot of low pile carpet I say spinner but if you are on a budget or arent sure you wont go wrong with either Bonzer or standard Zipper.

I chose the Bonzer because for me I did not need a heavy tool, its not necessary to have a all stainless steel double high flush drag wand, its just not needed unless you are a clumsy person who drops his tools regularly or by habit throws wands around carelessly.

The only issue I have with the Spinner is that it does not have a seal to floor at the manifold, I personally rather invest the heat into the cleaning area than have it gas/steam out.

Other than that I think the Spinner is the best choice. Years ago Hydro force tool a spin on their own version, I am glad they stimulated the idea but if they would have made the spinner Zipper, Man theyd be ahead of the game .
If you talk with Erik he can guide you to the right one for you. The SS model is awesome but its only for really heavily soiled situations like greasy restaurants, not good for residential and not needed for normal commercial.

The bonzers glides, air flow, jets, handles, size, and weight are all lacking compared to the normal zipper making it a sub par tool. It also just feels really cheap in your hand which doesn't help.

I used one on maybe 25 jobs and I couldn't wait to return that thing. First job with the zipper I was in love.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The tool I was really excited for was never released by rotovac. I demo'd it about a year ago.

New version of the old power wand with dual 10inch heads, and 2inch vac tube. Thing was pretty cool but there must have been issues with it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Bonzer isn't even close imo. Its like a toy comparatively.

The handle design is awful and the head is only 12in wide which defeats the purpose of a tool like this. Its almost as slow as a rotary.

12in cleaning path is painful on big open spaces
Incorrect

Reactions: sbsscn

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you talk with Erik he can guide you to the right one for you. The SS model is awesome but its only for really heavily soiled situations like greasy restaurants, not good for residential and not needed for normal commercial.

The bonzers glides, air flow, jets, handles, size, and weight are all lacking compared to the normal zipper making it a sub par tool. It also just feels really cheap in your hand which doesn't help.

I used one on maybe 25 jobs and I couldn't wait to return that thing. First job with the zipper I was in love.
I think you have big toy syndrome. Bonzer works fine. I know y’all are emotionally attached but I am not. The truth is I have all of them and this is how I see it;

Bonzer
Lightweight-Easiest to use
Works great in resi & comm
Drys carpet fastest
Self adjusting head
Cleans in forward & reverse
Encapsulates heat best
Handle could be built better
Be nice if had a 14” or 15” available

Zipper
Heavy
Built best
Have to adjust head
Works best in comm setting
Standard jet cleans forward only
Loses heat our sides
Is available in larger sizes 15 & 17
Spinner great but only works on large Truckmounts or over wets and less waste water removal
Lifetime tool

Bonzer is a Toyota and Zipper is a Lexus. Two different markets. Both get you where your going.

Jt cleaner

Feb 14, 2020
Real Name
Jt hamm
Just did some long commercial hallways yesterday. I walked the entire length, turned around and walked the entire length back. No dry passes needed.

This one hallway would have been like 600 wand strokes and not as dry... unless dry passes were done, instead I'm mowing lawns up and back.
Sounds like its as easy as a CRB and encap

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sounds like its as easy as a CRB and encap
Now you’re stretching it. Encap would be half time and half the work. And Encap will stay cleaner longer.

Reactions: Jt cleaner

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I don't find that these type tools are a game changer and aren't worth the space on the van. We clean our share of hallways with TM's and premium hose management (never removing any hose and dragging it back to the entry point in 2 straight lines) and a high flow wand used in long 30 foot passes ideal. Cleaning into the hallway backwards against the wall with the doorway, leaves a clean path for the TM end of the hoses to live and stay out of the way the rest of the time. At the end of cleaning the hallway, your hose will be in a big U.

As for cleaning, we drive right up the path cleaned with a dry stroke, move over and repeat. Simple, easy, effective, less is more. Time is money and top flight production is everything.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
If I had enough business to justify it - I'd be on it. I think the intermediate step is a CX-15 or Bonzer. I want a nicer, bigger, CRB first. Need to have enough business that I can put some cash down and finance it. Things are at a trickle now, but expenses are low.... I'll get through this and I'll be hustling hard tomorrow and the day after that and so on until I get there.

Reactions: ACP

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Today I have only walked with my wand and really less impact on my back and made my job very easy and was very quick, this is what I am doing in open areas from here on really.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: LeeRoy

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Today I have only walked with my wand and really less impact on my back and made my job very easy and was very quick, this is what I am doing in open areas from here on really.
Just like Jim said ^...

If conditions allow and your game up to that point was on point then go for it..always hoping it won't "take more" ! :)

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I can only wiegh in on the Bonzer but I think the price point wins out between the standard Zipper and Bonzer...again only one sided review here but for practically the same theory of cleaning your paying at least double if not triple the price for the Zipper?! By theory I mean that essentially you have identical cleaning tools in that they both offer straight nozzle clean with duo extraction. Which if you think about it you could achieve similar results with just a scrub wand in some situations. But hey who am I to talk $$ I have a $700 set of rims on my TM
I can pretend I'm on a Harley pushing my Bonzer around...the Zipper handle looks more like a scooter.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You know what's funny, is long time operators in my market, 10+ years routinely make fun of me for buying a Mytee TRex. Yet I've already bought a second NEW truck, have enough business that schedule is packed full the next two weeks and people are telling me they are willing to WAIT because they hear how good we are.

Really think that $2,000 tool is the reason you wont have money next month ?

As Rob also said, appearance business. Again I get criticized for buying new. Customers feel better when they see new and professional. They also pay more.

Recently I'm getting hotels calling. In the past it was a waste of my time because I was always higher priced. Now I'm winning them because I bring the decision maker outside and SHOW him my van.

It is difficult to turn away a true professional who looks and feels good.

So strangely we are growing during a pandemic.

Dont underestimate the sizzle when putting steak on the menu.

Attachments

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You know what's funny, is long time operators in my market, 10+ years routinely make fun of me for buying a Mytee TRex. Yet I've already bought a second NEW truck, have enough business that schedule is packed full the next two weeks and people are telling me they are willing to WAIT because they hear how good we are.

Really think that $2,000 tool is the reason you wont have money next month ?

As Rob also said, appearance business. Again I get criticized for buying new. Customers feel better when they see new and professional. They also pay more.

Recently I'm getting hotels calling. In the past it was a waste of my time because I was always higher priced. Now I'm winning them because I bring the decision maker outside and SHOW him my van.

It is difficult to turn away a true professional who looks and feels good.

So strangely we are growing during a pandemic.

Dont underestimate the sizzle when putting steak on the menu.
Nice tools make a nice impact on customers.

Trex is a good tool. We used to rotary every job years ago.

Ya the pandemic has seemed to only help us, we are absolutely slammed. Exterior service truck is on fire booked out and interior services even more busy.

Last edited:

Latest posts