If you could turn your non-electric reel into electric in 5 mins would you?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you turn your non electric reel to electric?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Hmm, this sounds like the power will be in the reel itself, like self propelled. Sounds like a great idea Rob! Once it gets spinning it goes by itself? Am I on the right track? @rob allen

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
16+ years in the industry and I have never used an electric reel and dont find rolling up hoses hard or an issue. Unrolling for set up and hose management is is harder especially for newer guys.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Just do yourself a favor, never use an electric reel. That way you won't know what your missing. :)
Both of you are speaking the truth, but at the end of 7 hours hitting cgd I wish I had one . I used to...only thing is, you have to be more careful when hose get ridgid in cold weather and you might get your face slapped while reeling hose in...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
16+ years in the industry and I have never used an electric reel and dont find rolling up hoses hard or an issue. Unrolling for set up and hose management is is harder especially for newer guys.
This will rewind and unwind.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Now I don't know if I can make it to Atlanta, damn wanted to visit my Son, see the New truck Rob is unveiling, check out this reel thing for my beast... With the blizzard, now folks calling for end of the month appointments.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Now I don't know if I can make it to Atlanta, damn wanted to visit my Son, see the New truck Rob is unveiling, check out this reel thing for my beast... With the blizzard, now folks calling for end of the month appointments.
Interested in an automatic reel attachment!!

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
This will rewind and unwind.
I would love to see a newbie on his first day trying to manage hoses as it unwinds automatically :eek:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I will shoot video my friend. If you can make it best but if not video will be second best.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
No way, and i mean absolutely no way would i ever own a manual reel again! Way to much effort involved in rolling up 15 or 20 times a day (we do alot of multifamily housing). I would rather my guys direct that effort at the carpet. Easier you can make things the better it is.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
For some reason i cant qoute messages but @1stchoicecleaning you said in 16 years youve never used one then you really dont know what your missing brother. Id bet if you ran one for a week or two you would never go back to a manual reel.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
For some reason i cant qoute messages but @1stchoicecleaning you said in 16 years youve never used one then you really dont know what your missing brother. Id bet if you ran one for a week or two you would never go back to a manual reel.
Been 27 years, I've never used one. But man I have some pipes for 51, ha

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You may be right but then again I dont do much of the set up and put away anymore.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have an electric on one truck and it really is a huge upgrade. Im used to the manual one but that truck is all side doors so all together the whole set up and tear down access is really convenient

ServproRob

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
Just purchased new Hydramaster unit w/ electric hose reel and let me tell you what we constantly have long runs for the work we do and this thing is beast. I hate using our other trucks now because of the manual roll ups lol.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
One advantage is the reel can be moved forward and have room in front vs the reel up close and have to get equipment out from behind the reel .