If you could turn your non-electric reel into electric in 5 mins would you?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you turn your non electric reel to electric?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Looks like a simple motor with a pulley and belt...
Cud probably figure outgrow to make 1

I think k 650 Is a fair price
Only drawback I see is I like to put extra hose on my reel and it may run into that motor

Last edited:

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
I was in hopes this thread had some kind of new kit to offer. Disappointed! Interesting however that this question should come up. I've been searching for something that will work on my Butler because an electric reel from the Butler Corp costs over 2K. I can happily keep rolling by hand for that price. If anyone knows of a way to make an electric reel for a Butler for a few hundred dollars I'd be very interested. The couple kits that are available I don't think will work since Butler reels are different than most.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Watch for my video next week.

PS:No belts needed!

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Watch for my video next week.

PS:No belts needed!
Me too, Me too. I have Genesis 56XL, but have it rigged in ole Butler van, I use the Tanks and Reels.... So I've been trying to figure something for the Butler Reel, also!!!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
@matt30577 your going to be disappointed when you see this is nothing like Larry's and already patented. And I want to thank you for saying that I copy (and do a much better job the reviews pouring in have said) but I listen to critics because they have made me a lot money. I also copy the Japanese. They didn't invent cars and electronics, they just made them better.

Back to the 5 minute conversion it is new and patented. I am in process of bringing almost 10 never seen and unique ideas I'm bringing to the industry. The one for the Summer with my new location will be 100% unique and innovative. I'm pumped!

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I don't know about others he's sold, but the one EZ truck mounts sold me is nice. I get like 250 ft on it and it's only 15" wide total. It builds momentum then rolls up fast.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
To be honest I'd rather have electric but didn't run it electric for like six months after I installed it my van. It's convenient but rolling up manually isn't really a hardship for me at all. Then again I don't do more than 2-3 jobs a day anyhow.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Would be really cool.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
@matt30577 your going to be disappointed when you see this is nothing like Larry's and already patented. And I want to thank you for saying that I copy (and do a much better job the reviews pouring in have said) but I listen to critics because they have made me a lot money. I also copy the Japanese. They didn't invent cars and electronics, they just made them better.

Back to the 5 minute conversion it is new and patented. I am in process of bringing almost 10 never seen and unique ideas I'm bringing to the industry. The one for the Summer with my new location will be 100% unique and innovative. I'm pumped!
Is it like your custom dang pro tmfer?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Is it like your custom dang pro tmfer?
Nope. No patent on the PC Ti as the patent for that ran out long ago and why Dang, Tom and anyone can improve on the design. I will have 10 years on this product.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
that kit linked is cool but 649 I would rather just spend a little more and get a whole new electric reel.

I like the sound of Rob's that is not belt driven, maybe driven by the hub instead... but if its like $600+, I would just get a whole new reel.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
that kit linked is cool but 649 I would rather just spend a little more and get a whole new electric reel.

I like the sound of Rob's that is not belt driven, maybe driven by the hub instead... but if its like $600+, I would just get a whole new reel.
I respect that. What price do you think is fair?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
would just depend on the quality I guess, if its really sturdy and well built $350

if it looks like something from china with a bunch of plastic then less

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My reel is right at the back of the van and is super easy to reel up, no need for another power hungry gadget to break on a cleaning van that's full of stuff that breaks.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My reel is right at the back of the van and is super easy to reel up, no need for another power hungry gadget to break on a cleaning van that's full of stuff that breaks.
Just do yourself a favor, never use an electric reel. That way you won't know what your missing. :)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
would just depend on the quality I guess, if its really sturdy and well built $350

if it looks like something from china with a bunch of plastic then less
We have been listening to cleaners and their desire for top notch quality and have been delivering.; On top of it we have been delivering top notch service and guarantee's. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. But don't be surprised that quality costs a little extra. ;)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Almost 200 voted yes for the upgrade.