If this was your building…which porty is best?

Rettan

Nov 29, 2022
Real Name
Ari S.
Hey guys, I’ve got a building with 9,000 square feet of carpets plus some rugs. The carpets are old, the floors are uneven, the building’s demographic includes preschoolers, teenagers, and coffee-loving adults, and our current carpet extractor is 14 years old and dumps water everywhere on a regular basis (it also takes eons to dry). We can’t get a truck mount, so I’m looking for a portable carpet extractor. It needs to handle the building, and also not fall apart too often.

So far CleanCraft’s Eclipse looks the most promising (plus spotting and a carpet scrubber), but I’m new to carpet cleaning and have had trouble tracking down reviews or evaluating my options.

If this was your building what porty would you go with and why?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, I’ve got a building with 9,000 square feet of carpets plus some rugs. The carpets are old, the floors are uneven, the building’s demographic includes preschoolers, teenagers, and coffee-loving adults, and our current carpet extractor is 14 years old and dumps water everywhere on a regular basis (it also takes eons to dry). We can’t get a truck mount, so I’m looking for a portable carpet extractor. It needs to handle the building, and also not fall apart too often.

So far CleanCraft’s Eclipse looks the most promising (plus spotting and a carpet scrubber), but I’m new to carpet cleaning and have had trouble tracking down reviews or evaluating my options.

If this was your building what porty would you go with and why?
Why not encap it? I presume its CGD correct? Soil load?

Rettan

Nov 29, 2022
Real Name
Ari S.
Why not encap it? I presume its CGD correct? Soil load?
Encaps a good idea—but won’t I still need HWT for that, albeit less frequently? Or am I all mixed up?
Yes, it’s terrible terrible CGD.
What’s soil load? If dirt level, it’s currently high, as it’s built up badly, but dirt gets in frequently as well, so with maintenance it’s probably medium. We get dark brown-black water from HWT currently (when the machine works)

Prowler

Aug 3, 2014
Corpus Christi
www.DoctorSteemer.com
Real Name
Mr. Harrison
Business Location
United States
E
Encaps a good idea—but won’t I still need HWT for that, albeit less frequently? Or am I all mixed up?
Yes, it’s terrible terrible CGD.
What’s soil load? If dirt level, it’s currently high, as it’s built up badly, but dirt gets in frequently as well, so with maintenance it’s probably medium. We get dark brown-black water from HWT currently (when the machine works)
Encap then extract if necessary. It wont hurt to do both. Then once good and clean. Encap by itself will work just fine.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I take it the carpet has not been properly cleaned in quite awhile. I am very surprised that anyone would recommend encap at this point. What the carpet needs right now is a restorative cleaning. THEN you can encap it to keep a high level of appearance. But to restore a neglected carpet by encap would only spin the dirt around.

Id see if there is a rental place you can get a good, portable extractor (not a Rug Doctor) and clean and rinse until the carpet looks decent. THEN encap at the next cleaning.

Encap is NOT a restorative cleaning process.

Would be a breeze with a TM and Zipper wand!

Reactions: Prowler

Latest posts