Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I have a couple of what I assumed were original design slow speed units (1983 or 1984?)
Nothing like that picture. Totally different shroud on that one.
It could have been a earlier prototype or something? Kind of looks like todays hard surface cleaner shrouds.

OliverT

Jan 3, 2009
SW Florida
Real Name
oliver triay
Business Location
United States
Found these from when my father bought a new one back in the 80's. Cost back then was $2500. He was the first person in our area to buy one!!

rx20.jpg

rx20-2.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sweet find. Who bought it?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
It looks like a good deal to me. I think you did alright. Did you notice on the advertisement the guy said he's selling it and getting out of the carpet cleaning business to spend more time on his personal injury practice. So he was a JD packing carpet cleaner.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
It's more of a museum piece than a viable carpet cleaning machine in 2011. The generation made between the late 80's - early 90's were the best RX20's but they look a lot more modern than that one, which is one of the originals.

The funny thing is, the seller lives only about 30 minutes from me. My friend and I used RX20's back in the late 80's and nobody else had them. Our setup cleaned well but we were soaking carpet shamelessly compared to what I am doing now. A day or two to dry was the norm at the time....LOL!

Tile Professional

Mar 19, 2009
Lacrosse Wi
Real Name
Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States
It's more of a museum piece than a viable carpet cleaning machine in 2011. The generation made between the late 80's - early 90's were the best RX20's but they look a lot more modern than that one, which is one of the originals.

The funny thing is, the seller lives only about 30 minutes from me. My friend and I used RX20's back in the late 80's and nobody else had them. Our setup cleaned well but we were soaking carpet shamelessly compared to what I am doing now. A day or two to dry was the norm at the time....LOL!
Do you not think it will clean well and dry fast with some good glides and my fire-breathing TM?????
Did you think they were good units or junk??

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Do you not think it will clean well and dry fast with some good glides and my fire-breathing TM?????
Did you think they were good units or junk??

Personally, I would restore it as a collector's item. It is an interesting artifact in our business. You might even go to hell for using it as opposed to showcasing it. God loves RX20's and using this thing would be like buying a 1967 Corvette Stingray and using it as a daily driver. Do you know how many women you could get with this RX20, if you restore it?

Truckmounts

Nov 26, 2013
Real Name
Norm
Just lay off the solution and do a extra dry pass and run a air mover the 1st areas you cleaned should be just about dry when you finish the last of the areas to be cleaned
On a side note I have a cmx20/rx20 machine listed in the classifieds here on the forum contact me with your best offer on it asking 1750$ or best offer includes the encapsulation/hard surface head and the carpet head I will ship and PayPal is preferred payment

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States