shooky

Nov 11, 2013
Katy, TX
www.shookcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Joe Saad
Business Location
United States
I'm at a financial and demand level of adding a second van but need to create more business to support the investment. I am, however, tarnished with the experience of when I started out as it has taken me 3.5 years to get to this point. I've tried all methods (newsletters, fliers, door to door, groupon, however the best is word of mouth. Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I'm at a financial and demand level of adding a second van but need to create more business to support the investment. I am, however, tarnished with the experience of when I started out as it has taken me 3.5 years to get to this point. I've tried all methods (newsletters, fliers, door to door, groupon, however the best is word of mouth. Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

The easiest ways to increase business is to

1)- Expand the amount of services offered.

2)- Cover a larger area.

3)- Get referrals from your current customers.

4)- Sell more products to your current customers.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

Do you have a refer a friend program? I agree with OldCarpetVet - try marketing to your past clients.

Door hangers and flyers are great if you do it consistently in the same neighborhoods. But who has time for that? Instead ask for referrals from your current client base. Leave business cards, frig magnets, spotter bottles, etc. Do a great job and tell your clients your business is based on word of mouth, any referral sent your way would be appreciated. Reward them for doing that. We use to post monthly Referral "Thank You" on our website. People love seeing their name in lights. We also did "thank you" on social media.

Newsletters are good but like door hangers you have to stick with it. If you do the newsletter route consider using electronic newsletters.

Groupon - Groupon customers are conditioned for a cheap sale. It is hard to get a returning client on Groupon or LivingSocial. It isn't impossible but it is hard. If you are doing this I recommend doing Craigslist instead. You'll reach a wider variety of people and you aren't paying a percentage of what you make.

Also, if you're part of a church or community group consider adding information to the bullentin. Every time we cleaned our church we gave them a discount in return they would run our information in the Sunday Bulletin for six weeks on how we cleaned the floors throughout the church, children's center, and rec hall... Win win...

Good Luck!!

Reactions: shooky

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
What are you doing to get referrals? You may be able to increase the amount of referrals you get by sending thanks to people who refer you.

Then there are services that will send reminders out to clients and thank yous and all that mess. Client retention, I believe its called.

It sounds like you have tried lots of common methods. The key is to make sure you are doing them correctly. Often we don't get it right the first couple of times. It's the persistence and perfection of each method that succeeds.

Congratulations! I think you have reached a new stepping stone in your business if your trying to add another van.

Reactions: shooky
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
There are a lot of ways to get more work for a 2nd van but it all depends on whether you just want to get more work in your area with the same services you currently offer, want to offer more services or want to service a larger area. Which ever way you want to go about it getting more work for a 2nd van will determine what you need to do to make it happen.