Ice , Snow and Avery

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Wow !! What a few days it’s been . Winter storm dumped on this county and we have hundreds of trees down knocking out power , Internet , cable . So many leaves left on the trees accumulated so much ice it uprooted them from the soggy ground . Some have been without service for five days now !! We were out from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon .
Our sons basement flooded because the sump pumps went down . Just put new flooring down about six months ago and it’s ruined . He sure was glad when I showed up with fans , dehumidifiers and equipment to clean the water up .
We were fine . Just fired up the KeroSun heater , propane lights and the oil lamps . Had water and gas service so no real problems . Couple things you might consider besides a generator are the Bay Gen lights and radio and this light from Harbor Freight . Went out and grabbed it from the van and a few of these really help out .DA292538-7EB4-4DDD-8A37-B9E00C3A5D50.jpeg
All the Best , Ed

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Glad to hear you were prepared! Good deal!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Wow !! What a few days it’s been . Winter storm dumped on this county and we have hundreds of trees down knocking out power , Internet , cable . So many leaves left on the trees accumulated so much ice it uprooted them from the soggy ground . Some have been without service for five days now !! We were out from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon .
Our sons basement flooded because the sump pumps went down . Just put new flooring down about six months ago and it’s ruined . He sure was glad when I showed up with fans , dehumidifiers and equipment to clean the water up .
We were fine . Just fired up the KeroSun heater , propane lights and the oil lamps . Had water and gas service so no real problems . Couple things you might consider besides a generator are the Bay Gen lights and radio and this light from Harbor Freight . Went out and grabbed it from the van and a few of these really help out .View attachment 81181
All the Best , Ed
Yes, sir. You'll be all right just in time to enjoy the bird. Keep your spirit up...

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Stay warm buddy. We got more coming.thanks for the reminder. I have to get over to the harbor freight. I need some things. Like a cheap log splitter and as many screw drivers as i can carry. Never is a screwdriver around when i need it. There like pencils. They grow legs and walk away.

One thing for the flooding is get a battery back up pump. Easy to install. They sit in same basin only a brick higher then main pump. This way it can help pump when the other cuts out or is over run. And if battery should die. They can get one anywhere even from the family car in a pinch. Gens are in short supply after storms. And can be hard to rent or buy in time of need.
Im getting ready to put in transfer switch so i can plug in gen to a few circuits. No gas here. Just oil. I thought about calling for service then that day a house blew up in Gladwyne. So loud people in jersey reported an explosion. So nope nope nope lol. No gas for me. I did finally after 2 years get my chimney liner in. Man that is a job i will never EVER do again. Nooooo way! But it sure is cookin in here. At least we got heat and Dinty Moore when power goes out. Might be climbing into neigbors yard to steal branches :)
20181121_202411.jpg

Oh yeah there is another emergency pump system. But is a bit more complex to install. It doesnt use power. But instead ot uses the house water pressure to move the pump. Expensive if it goes off on your water bill. But can save your finished basement.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Thanks everyone!! I’m going to have the whole family better prepared for the next one . Nick , I’m going to have my son investigate that battery pump !! Thanks !! Kids may be getting generators for Christmas !!
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: keep it clean