I would like help growing my business, or at least know why it didn't work. Unbelievable low revenues with no growth.

NDY1981

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Nathan Yoder
If you've been doing this for three years or more and you're just now getting shirts, I think I see part of the problem.

Carpet cleaning is like working out at the gym - you get out of it what what you put into it, and if your drive is low, your result matches it.

I have seen hundreds (that is not an exaggeration) of carpet-cleaning startups over the last seven years, and the successful ones all have only one thing in common.

It's not race, it's not age, it's not education level, it's not funds or equipment.

It's COMMITMENT.

From the guy working at Wendy's who runs his porty part-time on weekends to support his family, to the college student fitting in dorm rooms with a CRB between classes, they all make their "side business" a priority in their lives.

By golly, if they're gonna dig ditches, then they're gonna dig the prettiest, straightest, most perfect ditches you've ever seen in your life.

They're gonna advertise their beautiful ditches.

They're gonna ask people to let them dig ditches in their front yard, so everyone can see those ditches and decide they want a ditch in their yard too.

They sleep, eat, and breathe ditches. They talk ditches. They buddy up with other ditch-diggers.

And eventually, the passion they show for their work leads them to not digging the ditches any more - they're running a crew of guys who dig ditches.

Without that passion, commitment, and drive, it won't happen.

Again, a common theme.

I think I worded the post wrong. I actually invested in my shirts and logo before I even opened up shop.

NDY1981

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Nathan Yoder
Maybe you need a check up from the neck up. Maybe you’re not hungry and your’e looking for a handout solution when in reality it’s you. I went door to door back in day to solicit clients because I was hungry. Heck I’m still hungry to some degree today. Are you hungry?

You definitely make everything look easy.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I think many of us suffer from this perspective we believe everyone else is doing it better...remember the wise words of Hannah Montana...Ain't about what's waiting on the other side, ITS THE CLIMB!!!!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Reactions: NDY1981

Colorpro

Oct 16, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Russell Grosjean
Business Location
United States
Dude face it , you are not the kind to be an entrepreneur, quit while you are ahead, there are lots of cleaners better than you. Just go back to wendys and get some overtime.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Dude face it , you are not the kind to be an entrepreneur, quit while you are ahead, there are lots of cleaners better than you. Just go back to wendys and get some overtime.

Wow!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Careful there, if he does as you suggest they just might make him your supervisor. :p

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Luky

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Reopen your Google business page.
You can choose to not have your address listed but they will need an address.
Ask for Google reviews by email after every job.
As your reviews increase you will naturally rank higher on Google.
Get a YouTube channel going.
Post some short videos there.
Put those videos on your website and post on facebook.
If you don't have money then you have to invest time.
Your a sharp cookie, right on.