I would like help growing my business, or at least know why it didn't work. Unbelievable low revenues with no growth.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
bro....some guys may disagree with me....but....
this business is not a sales business it is a service industry.......

If you are looking at the next sales internet fad to sell your business it wont work.....

They buy YOU...they know YOU...they refer others to YOU as a person......
it is all about YOU and your brand not some sales special......

Gotta get out and know people...and do what ever it takes to work......
if you make 50$ an hour it is better than 0$.......

i HAVE HEARD IT ALL IN THIS INDUSTRY ( as follows)
i wont work for less than 200$ an hour???
i wont do a job for less than 500$
i wont do apartments?
i dont do hotels?
i dont do rentals?
i wont move foruniture or clean resturants.......?

believe it or not I actually heard a guy say this:
" I only clean CLEAN CARPET"
in other words he would only clean upscale houses!!!

most all these guys have gone out of business....

bro if you fall into any of these categories...gotta change your mindset...
or go into another career
" I only clean CLEAN CARPET" I think that was me I was making fun of the guys that only do up scale high end cleaning hahahahaha.

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Nathan Yoder
If you have been cleaning for awhile and your job volume and totals are not going up the 1st place I'd look is at you, not some external source.
Believe me, I blame no one else but myself. However, I don't know how I would have the reviews I do if I wasn't delivering a good service.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I am located in Canoga Park, California. There are probably several hundred thousand in my area.
You live 5 miles from me. If you want and I'd be more then willing to sit down with you and try and help. I'm free most all of today, I'm just washing some rugs at my house. Message me or text me at 424-477-2074. You live in a great area. You should have more work then you can do. If you're good and know your stuff I can even refer work to you.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
You live 5 miles from me. If you want and I'd be more then willing to sit down with you and try and help. I'm free most all of today, I'm just washing some rugs at my house. Message me or text me at 424-477-2074. You live in a great area. You should have more work then you can do. If you're good and know your stuff I can even refer work to you.
He better take you up on that generous offer.

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
Jonhy refer me some work I'm the San Gabriel are if you thank you very much and may God Bless you

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Johnny, don't give up all the wisdom, after all NDY is your competitor.. JK , we know you're good man...

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Johnny, don't give up all the wisdom, after all NDY is your competitor.. JK , we know you're good man...
Thread developed to a 3rd page, so is time for some conclusion. If Johnny makes difference in man's life, we should be informed and truly congratulate both.
I believe , only minor tweaking is required, just a little bit in each area, to make business whole. Don't we have to make adjustments as we go? Always....
Go Johnny, go...

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Nathan Yoder
bro....some guys may disagree with me....but....
this business is not a sales business it is a service industry.......

If you are looking at the next sales internet fad to sell your business it wont work.....

They buy YOU...they know YOU...they refer others to YOU as a person......
it is all about YOU and your brand not some sales special......

Gotta get out and know people...and do what ever it takes to work......
if you make 50$ an hour it is better than 0$.......

i HAVE HEARD IT ALL IN THIS INDUSTRY ( as follows)
i wont work for less than 200$ an hour???
i wont do a job for less than 500$
i wont do apartments?
i dont do hotels?
i dont do rentals?
i wont move foruniture or clean resturants.......?

believe it or not I actually heard a guy say this:
" I only clean CLEAN CARPET"
in other words he would only clean upscale houses!!!

most all these guys have gone out of business....

bro if you fall into any of these categories...gotta change your mindset...
or go into another career
Thank You very much, I will be in touch. Appreciate it!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
In all things, live by price, die by price.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I would love to know if he reached out to you or if the "competitor" did not allow him to

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I would love to know if he reached out to you or if the "competitor" did not allow him to
He texted me last night. WE're going to try and get together Monday, tomorrow.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I've often wondered how much better business would be if competition was more collegiate instead of cutthroat
I partner with several carpet cleaners in my area. I don't understand why some are so hesitant to share or work together. Yes, each one of the people I work with are competitors, but they refer work to me and I to them. It helps when I have a large job and need more trucks or if they have a large job and need an extra truck.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Well, I think this thread has pretty much died down. Thank you for the suggestions!
Maybe you need a check up from the neck up. Maybe you’re not hungry and your’e looking for a handout solution when in reality it’s you. I went door to door back in day to solicit clients because I was hungry. Heck I’m still hungry to some degree today. Are you hungry?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Thank You. I invested in shirts with my logo on it.
If you've been doing this for three years or more and you're just now getting shirts, I think I see part of the problem.

Carpet cleaning is like working out at the gym - you get out of it what what you put into it, and if your drive is low, your result matches it.

I have seen hundreds (that is not an exaggeration) of carpet-cleaning startups over the last seven years, and the successful ones all have only one thing in common.

It's not race, it's not age, it's not education level, it's not funds or equipment.

It's COMMITMENT.

From the guy working at Wendy's who runs his porty part-time on weekends to support his family, to the college student fitting in dorm rooms with a CRB between classes, they all make their "side business" a priority in their lives.

By golly, if they're gonna dig ditches, then they're gonna dig the prettiest, straightest, most perfect ditches you've ever seen in your life.

They're gonna advertise their beautiful ditches.

They're gonna ask people to let them dig ditches in their front yard, so everyone can see those ditches and decide they want a ditch in their yard too.

They sleep, eat, and breathe ditches. They talk ditches. They buddy up with other ditch-diggers.

And eventually, the passion they show for their work leads them to not digging the ditches any more - they're running a crew of guys who dig ditches.

Without that passion, commitment, and drive, it won't happen.

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Nathan Yoder
Maybe you need a check up from the neck up. Maybe you’re not hungry and your’e looking for a handout solution when in reality it’s you. I went door to door back in day to solicit clients because I was hungry. Heck I’m still hungry to some degree today. Are you hungry?

A few have suggested that. I don’t know if I lack the hunger anymore, or if I’ve just been discouraged from the problems.