I tried the groutmaster today!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I tried the groutmaster today!!!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
bro
i have been cleaning tile and grout for 15 years....

i used acid for the first 3-5 years....frequently had some issue with it....
even 1 problem is enough to get rid of the stuff......

with a CRB or a good scrubbing with grout brush and GM....
i clean grout better , safer, less risk, cleaner, and quicker than i ever did using acid......
Ok inwill wait on the acid. Will they and use brushes and gm. Does it help to add more groutmaster?? Or it that just wasting it?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
wise choice.....

i got rid of my acid cleaner after i used it a number of times with a mask for breathing.....got strange looks from customers who have kids.....
not good especially in small bathrooms wo ventilation......

ii have heard of carpet cleaners in their 70s who have had lung problems from all the chems they breathed.....

i use an battery solution pump from home depot...
works great....
spray down for 5 minutes dwell time.....
scrub and extract about 10-15 feet at a time.....

use the grout brush...keep your eyes open for used CRB....

you will have to experiment with mixture for GM.....
but it is easier to rinse than most cleaners......

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
wise choice.....

i got rid of my acid cleaner after i used it a number of times with a mask for breathing.....got strange looks from customers who have kids.....

ii have heard of carpet cleaners in their 70s who have had lung problems from all the chems they breathed.....

works great....

Is groutmaster safe to breath in smell??

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Is groutmaster safe to breath in smell??

After looking at the SDS yes. GM is basically a strong version of laundry boosters our parents used. No worries. Spray from the back of the room towards the door, carpet or tile and use the biggest droplet and lowest pressure you can get away with.

Long term exposure in the lowest possible form is what you are aiming for. If I could only tell you how bad my ears ring 24/7 from 25 years of carpet cleaning... Don't end up like me!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
After looking at the SDS yes. GM is basically a strong version of laundry boosters our parents used. No worries. Spray from the back of the room towards the door, carpet or tile and use the biggest droplet and lowest pressure you can get away with.

Long term exposure in the lowest possible form is what you are aiming for. If I could only tell you how bad my ears ring 24/7 from 25 years of carpet cleaning... Don't end up like me!
I sympathize with you Jim hearing damage is an overlooked part of our industry!!!
I find myself going what huh
a whole lot more than I used to
I now make everybody that works for me we're here plugs

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora

Thanks Jim for the tips man!!! You guys are awesome americans!!!
The groutmaster is amazing!!! Inthpught fornsure the bonnet pro spotter would whiten up the grout more. That stuff is strong. It did not lighten it up at all!!!
So that groutmaster is some potent stuff!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

Jim what are we supposed to watch out by looking at these sds?

Reactions: Ymetimme

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
wise choice.....

works great....

How about breathing vinegar? I do use pure vinegar to clean shower places, it seems harsh to smell that. In the past I have cleaned once using the esteam fiber rinse 2ph to clean a shower place and that thing was really strong to breath in and since then I am only using vinegar.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I may be wrong but the sds sheet hes referring to is the msds sheet. The "material safety data sheet". Its the law that these be available to everyone exposed to or using these chemicals.
They will tell you the limits your allowed to breath In, corrosivness, first aid etc etc.
Since your in Canada fedri, you may not have this law there.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hi guys,
I used the groutmaster today on 2 small bathroom tile floors. Less then 5x5 foot each bathroom.
So I mixed up 1 once of gm in a half gallon of water in a small hand pump sprayer.
Then I fired up the oreck xl with soft brush and went at it.
This stuff is amazing. Worked excellent!. Took all dirt off quickly.
Not sure what's in it but it just works!!
I had a area the had a slight yellowish tinge right next to the toilet that did not come as white as I would have liked.
So I took bonnet pro spotter and full strength and put it on the area and let it set. Scrubbed it by hand then wiped it away.
NO DIFFERENCE!!! And bonnet pro spotter is VERY potent!!!!
Groutmaster is just as strong and alot more cost efficient!
I'm impressed!!
Soft brush ( black ) is for brushing your teeth. Blue or orange would do the better job for ya..

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I may be wrong but the sds sheet hes referring to is the msds sheet. The "material safety data sheet". Its the law that these be available to everyone exposed to or using these chemicals.
They will tell you the limits your allowed to breath In, corrosivness, first aid etc etc.
Since your in Canada fedri, you may not have this law there.
Same law, that mdsd sheet must be available for the customers also I had few customers who have asked me the ingredients, one of them didn't approve my 2 green products that I use and I think they do a great job in cleaning, one of them is the concrobium carpet shampoo which I mostly use for carpet cleaning and the pink solution that I use mostly on upholstery. This guy said these were not safe for his kids.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim what are we supposed to watch out by looking at these sds?

You should look into the products you are using regularly and especially how you are spraying them. I know from your videos you wear gloves, so you are eliminating transdermal effects. Being conscious about how you are doing things is important for the long term.

Reactions: J20770 and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
You should look into the products you are using regularly and especially how you are spraying them. I know from your videos you wear gloves, so you are eliminating transdermal effects. Being conscious about how you are doing things is important for the long term.
Yep gloves are very important, you won't believe how many of carpet cleaners doesn't wear them. I saw one popular cleaner on YouTube handling the dry soil while emptying his vacuum.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Fedri, websites like this will help you look up and understand individual components in everyday things we use and if you should be concerned. Laundry detergent uses many components that we use of course and you can use them to learn more about what's in our presprays, rinses, etc... It's easy to get overworked about things, but this site uses a grade system that helps eliminate unnecessary fear.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
i had a customer stating that this pink solution is not safe and chose not
to go with my service. what else is there that is safe as pink solution ?

Pink Solution has only 5 ingredients.
  • KELP (for enzymes)
  • SODA ASH (cleaning/water softener)
  • VEGETABLE TALLOW (soap making gel)
  • COCONUT OIL (surfacant / lubricant)
  • WATER.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
i had a customer stating that this pink solution is not safe and chose not
to go with my service. what else is there that is safe as pink solution ?

Pink Solution has only 5 ingredients.
  • KELP (for enzymes)
  • SODA ASH (cleaning/water softener)
  • VEGETABLE TALLOW (soap making gel)
  • COCONUT OIL (surfacant / lubricant)
  • WATER.

I would wash my hands with that product without thinking twice, but some people you can't convince otherwise. Todd the Cleaner suggested using their laundry detergent in cases like that and it's brilliant!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
How is GM on natural stone with agitation?? Does it work well?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Also does the cleaning pie also apply to tile cleaning as well. I'm sure it does but in that same framework??