I tried everything to remove | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I tried everything to remove

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I would have used a 6 point socket from the start not a 12 point now that it's all fudgeed up I would get a big pair of channel locks and use a manly grip that's about all I can suggest .
Not sure if heating it up will help .
If this dont work dremel slot the middle and use a heavy duty screw driver that you can put a Cresent on the shaft to turn it or a pipe wrench .

Reactions: Scott W

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I just talked to Rick over at Sapphire. He suggested drilling a hole in it and using an E-Z out to remove it. Joes suggestion above will work too.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
grind the heck out of it on one side until you almost see the threads. hit it with a chissel and a hammer counterclockwise on the grounded side. that baby will come loose faster than I fart. heck, I have even remove them by hand after grinding

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I would chisle a slot in it nice and deep. Then use a flathead at the right angle with a hammer and turn it. Start with an impact and 6 point socket next time.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Drill and easy out prob save you some busted knuckles and flustration. Been there to many times that brass that's been heated and cooled is a bit to get loose