I think I may have found a cheap EDDM style post card and delivery provider?like possibly freaky che

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Spazznout, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    I have NOT done a whole lot of direct mail, but am going to be adding it to our arsenal of advertising for our spring push starting in April.

This is a quote for 5x9 full color postcards, double sided, designed, printed and delivered???

Postcards:

25k post cards: 15.3¢ per + tax = $3825.00 + tax
    12.5k post cards: 16.3¢ per + tax = $2037.50 + tax
    10k post cards: 17.3¢ per + tax = $1730 + tax

They can target demographics (ie homes over 200K with 80K in annual income or more with pets and kids) as well as zones, cities or zip codes with the post cards.

Is this a good price?????

2. BayouCitySteam

Aug 16, 2016
    Male
    Certified Technician
    Houston Texas
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
  3. BayouCitySteam

Aug 16, 2016
    Male
    Certified Technician
    Houston Texas
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    And that doesn't look right... that price is for delivery only

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

4. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    #4 Spazznout, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    nope all in
    design, print, and mailed.

Its all about volume....notice the smallest number you can go with is 10K pieces.......most send out a few hundred at a time. Not 10K postcards at once..........

He verbally quoted me 100K for .14cents each....but that is out of my budget at $14K for one run.

I currently use them for their adverting magazines with a 360K distribution.
    Its legit.
    The deal is open to the anyone................. it is not a special offer.

PM me and I will give you the source.

If you live in a med size city or larger I am sure they have a local office. They are a big national player in print advertising and marketing company

I live in a large market and do NOT want to tip my hand to any local competitors.

5. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,758 / 81 / -0

6. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    I dont think this is eddm. this company mails out 50-100 million pieces of mail with their other marketing resources....I believe that have a negotiated metered stamp that is stuuuupid low at a few pennies a piece. Like I mentioned above. Here locally they send out 370K pieces per month. On just one of their publications.

7. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,758 / 81 / -0
    In that case, I believe you can do better on the price.
    Shop around.
    You could do a surgical strike in excellent hoods with EDDM for a total of about 24 cents.
    Those hoods are hammered

8. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,758 / 81 / -0
    Actually got a re purchased program from YP from one of these second party mailing outfits.
    Got the product for free but if I had to pay for the product, the return would have been horrific.
    I think it's because the turf is so burnt

9. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    umm mike, they are offering 17 cents...all in
    and I can go down to carrier rout if wanted

10. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,758 / 81 / -0
    Oh. Targeting the route makes a big difference. Do it

11. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,528 / 83 / -0
    I don't know much about doing mailings but my opinion is that it sounds like a good deal as long as it isn't a valpak or some sort of insert in sales papers or magazine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. shane deubell

Premium VIP

May 8, 2006
    Male
    Ratings:
    +17,694 / 83 / -5
    Is this with the clipper mag? I did it for tile cleaning and didnt like the results.
    They went out with tons of other junk mail and got lost or something.

For you though its worth a test, wasnt a good fit for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    Hey Shane.....How is winter treating you?

It is through clipper mag.

What services did you advertise?
    What kind of offer did you make?
    What would you have done different if you were to do it again?

I am looking for this to reinforce our marketing presence in higher end neighborhoods where we already target with 2 other print sources in their mailbox every month. I am looking to obviously use spring cleaning as a catalyst.

I kept my ads going full on right through winter this year (which paid off well with this mild winter so far) in order to maintain market visibility so that I am an easier choice for spring cleaning. I am looking for these to be the final push over the hump to get folks to call.

I want to do 2 runs 3 weeks a part. I want to target 10K homes this time as a first round test.......I am a firm believer one shot with any ad is NOT a good measure of its success or failure. Especially if you are using it to break into a new market where you have previously done little to no marketing or advertising.

Any feedback you can give from your experience would be awesome. I am all about nixing known errors now, if you are willing to share and help a brother out.

14. aloha one

aloha one Scrub a DUB DUB!

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,753 / 106 / -0
    I did well with Clipper Mag. And you're right 1 - 2 shots on ads are a waste of money.. results start coming in 3rd mailings onward.

15. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    yy I do as well.

Now they are also offering direct mail postcards. Separate from the magazine.

16. aloha one

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,753 / 106 / -0
    Yeah they were just starting that up when I retired.
    Something I also did on the cheap was advertising in Mobile/Manufactured home parks monthly rags..good ROI.

17. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,758 / 81 / -0
    I've never noticed this difference in mailing potency regarding frequency that most talk about.
    Definitely see that on the net but my ads always pulled similarly from the first to the last.
    Same with EDDM.
    Some routes killed. Some were just okay

18. aloha one

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,753 / 106 / -0
    Interesting...you probably didn't mail to prisoners on death row & strippers like I did.:ROFLMAO:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,825 / 99 / -0
    #19 Spazznout, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    not only does frequency matter, but also repetition and being seen in different magazines and different print forms.
    IE, I currently hit my target areas 2x per month with print ads via traditional ad magazines.
    When I added the second ad source it increased my calls 200% more than the first ad alone did.
    Why?
    Branding.
    The more frequently,
    in more different places
    people see our ad,
    The more they think of us or see us as the folks to call when it does come time that they need our services.

This is a huge step in building brand awareness that is lost on small biusines's that rely on google, adwords, SEO and online only venues in their marketing. They are NOT building any brand awareness in their community unless someone is actively searching for say CC. Google owns those folks, they are at their mercy. With the repetitive print ads, folks are seeing you before they even need your service, so they think about you when they do need your services. Before they even go to google they are going to either call you or if they do search will recognize you in the results even if you are not in the "top" position.

If the trend holds and I send out some strong postcards with a strong call to action, I am hoping to get many of these folks over the hump and into a buying mood. My ad will have landed in their mailbox 5 x in the month of April, and probably May as well.

Google is NOT a small businessman's friend. They want to suck as much cash out of you as they can, and then leave the results in your hand after jumping through their ever increasing hoops, rules, "programs" and the like which always seem to push the pendulum in Googles favor as of late. They are NOT really good stakeholders for my business and I try to keep my dependency on them to a minimum. This is one way I have been able to fore go the need to use them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. aloha one

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,753 / 106 / -0
    Agree 110%.