Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@thumper@twow.com

Yeah, I have a little over 9 fingers. Chopped one off with a circular saw in my previous life as a framing carpenter.

It sux now, but in a year or so you will not even realize you are missing a digit. Its awesome how fast our minds and bodies adapt to physical changes.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive got some vet budies that lost limbs, told me every now and then their missing leg or arm would itch or they'd feel something were the limb used to be....weird

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Ive got some vet budies that lost limbs, told me every now and then their missing leg or arm would itch or they'd feel something were the limb used to be....weird
This does happen from time to time.

thumper@twow.com

Sep 19, 2010
Yorba Linda
www.mjmcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
mike mitts
Business Location
United States
Thank you all for you kind thoughts. It really makes a guy feel good knowing he is associated with good people like all of you.
I will get back in the field very soon. Doctor said I might have to have one more surgery to graph skin to the top of my finger because a part of the bone will protrude out the top of what's left of my finger without it.
Non of that bothers me though. But what is really hurting is I lost a

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Continued....a big part of my soul. I'm sorry if I appear to be a whiner. Its ju0st tearing me apart
View attachment 88467
hang on, you might be surprised..........I thought I had lost a lot of my favorite pastimes too when I lost my finger. Like I said. You will be amazed how quick you will adept. As time goes on you will adapt without even realizing it or consciously trying to overcome your lack of finger.

Dont give up yet...............
My guess is you will be back to tickling the ivories quicker than you ever thought possible.

Reactions: rob allen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Continued....a big part of my soul. I'm sorry if I appear to be a whiner. Its ju0st tearing me apart
View attachment 88467
I trained in classical piano for several decades. In the late 90s I lost my right thumb joint (and a good bit of the finger too) in a nasty accident at work.

I now have a titanium replacement, and after a few years of PT and choice curse words, I can play my baby grand as if the accident had never happened.

You WILL adapt. If music is truly in your heart, nothing can stop you from pulling it out. Might take a few months (or years) before you're back "up to par", so to speak, but it'll happen. Just be patient with yourself.

Trust me, been there done that. Have patience. (y)

Reactions: MikeGaure

Art Kelley

Feb 9, 2009
Clawson,MI
Real Name
Art Kelley
I’ve actually amputated fingers twice in my life. It does suck, but you get over it. And adapt. I’m not even aware of these little life souvenirs now. Good luck in your healing process.

Attachments

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I am sorry for your loss of the finger. No person should go without and we appreciate your candidness. If it’s not too much to ask I’d like to add it to the “Carpet Cleaning Injury” thread here. It would help many others. A picture or two blurred to some degree would make a lot of impact on readers. Hopefully it will help someone not make the same mistakes. I wish you the best recovery possible.