thumper@twow.com

Sep 19, 2010
Yorba Linda
www.mjmcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
mike mitts
Business Location
United States
Well I'm running the show from my desk the last few days.
yes I know better 41 years of working in and building truck mounts but I was running one of the mounts after putting on a new donut on it. For this truckmount you have to remove input and out put sides of the blower to slide it back and replace the coupling. Years ago I even made a set of safety screens for different blowers just in case they have to be run without their pipes. So did I use the screens? Noooo I''m such a smart experienced guy I don't need that safety crap! DON'T DO IT!!! my hand got to close and I now have 4 fingers on my right hand instead of 5. CAUTION CAUTION TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Don't let this happen to you.
I just don't want anything like this to happen to any of you. Don't be a stupid ass like me.....USE YOUR HEAD!!!!

blower impeller .jpg

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Well I'm running the show from my desk the last few days.
yes I know better 41 years of working in and building truck mounts but I was running one of the mounts after putting on a new donut on it. For this truckmount you have to remove input and out put sides of the blower to slide it back and replace the coupling. Years ago I even made a set of safety screens for different blowers just in case they have to be run without their pipes. So did I use the screens? Noooo I''m such a smart experienced guy I don't need that safety crap! DON'T DO IT!!! my hand got to close and I now have 4 fingers on my right hand instead of 5. CAUTION CAUTION TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Don't let this happen to you.
I just don't want anything like this to happen to any of you. Don't be a stupid ass like me.....USE YOUR HEAD!!!!
Sorry to hear that! That stinks

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Pictures...dude I dont think this forum needs that kind of gore and please dont tell me it didn't happen. I've been praying it's been a bad nightmare I wish it didn't happen...I just dont want it to happen to any of you
If you don’t mind the question, which digit was lost?

Not fun at all on the good side you really do have 9 more! We have a friend who only has a pinky and a ring finger that are functional the other digits were lost in a car accident. The other hand is useless severe nerve damage and have zero function. She the hardest working lady and mom I know and her home is spotless and she’s always happy.

Hang in there

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Pictures...dude I dont think this forum needs that kind of gore and please dont tell me it didn't happen. I've been praying it's been a bad nightmare I wish it didn't happen...I just dont want it to happen to any of you
Damn brother. Sorry to hear this.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
it was the middle finger, Hence "I now give you my middle finger"

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. You don't even have a cool story to go with it. Heal up.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I'm kind of confused as to what exactly happened from reading the original post. I run a butler and that is the only TM I have ever used, so maybe that's why I dont' understand what he is saying? Is he saying he got a finger ripped off in a blower? Are they really that strong?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
So sorry to hear about your accident .
Anyone long enough in this business knows how tough it all ready is .

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I'm kind of confused as to what exactly happened from reading the original post. I run a butler and that is the only TM I have ever used, so maybe that's why I dont' understand what he is saying? Is he saying he got a finger ripped off in a blower? Are they really that strong?
Got caught in the impeller