I need some help ! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I need some help !

Aldo

Jul 8, 2019
Real Name
Aldo
I have a blazer gt truckmount and the engine start smoke bad and lost power , do I need replace with the same engine or there is a way to replace for another ?
The engine I have is and wanguard 16 hp
Let me
Know and thanks

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It’s usually easiest to replace with the same motor. You can get a different one but you may need to do some modifications to your machine to make it fit right.

Reactions: Aldo

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I had a Cub that did that. All I did was change the air filter and it ran fine. I know its a long shot but...

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have a blazer gt truckmount and the engine start smoke bad and lost power , do I need replace with the same engine or there is a way to replace for another ?
The engine I have is and wanguard 16 hp
Let me
Know and thanks
I wouldn't automatically assume the engine is bad. I had the same experience exactly as @mrotto with my first truck mount which had an 18hp B & S engine. That engine was very problematic for me though. If it hadn't been for other troubles with that machine I would likely have just replaced the engine. Nobody I could find could fix it and it was beyond me to know how to do it. I've run into at least a couple guys in my life who were just superb at diagnosing and fixing small engines. Many small engine mechanics IMHO are back yard mechanics who really don't know their trade. I'd look for a good small engine mechanic who has a good reputation in your area and let him check it out before you do anything else.

Just so you know, I would NEVER, EVER pay someone to rebuild an engine. That is a coin toss you're more than likely going to lose. Better to replace if it comes to that.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Make sure that your oil isn't over full. If it is then change the oil and plugs and air filter.
Over full oil gets in the intake clogs the air filter and starts to smoke from trying to burn off the oil and fouls the plugs