i need seo training ! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

i need seo training !

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
i need help with seo training any videos could u recommend, too much info out there dont know who to trust i dont know if im doing right i want to pay someone to do it but cant afford to right now ?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Pay someone to do it. Google keeps changing stuff and unless that is your business, you will always be behind the curve. People who do it for a living keep up with the latest and greatest of Google so why reinvent the wheel. You are a carpet cleaner.... click your heals together and repeat it three times.

Reactions: admin

carolinasurface

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
Pay someone to do it. Google keeps changing stuff and unless that is your business, you will always be behind the curve. People who do it for a living keep up with the latest and greatest of Google so why reinvent the wheel. You are a carpet cleaner.... click your heals together and repeat it three times.
Who do you use?

Sent from my SM-G900V using TMF Forums mobile app

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
i need help with seo training any videos could u recommend, too much info out there dont know who to trust i dont know if im doing right i want to pay someone to do it but cant afford to right now ?
If you can't afford it then do nothing! You might end up doing more harm than good - leave you sight alone till you can.
OR - learn
SEO
PPC
Become a CPA so you do your own taxes
etc - etc - etc.
Of course - then you customers could learn to clean their own carpets and you would not need any of the above! Get what I'm sayin?

Reactions: envy

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Use the search function...

You can either spend a ton of money and hire a true SEO professional or learn to do it yourself...

Money or time.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I was in the same situation as you a little over a year ago but I found someone that could work with my budget and I couldn't be happier. I am finally getting a decent amount of jobs coming from Google search and my reviews are sealing the deal. :)

Reactions: MikeGaure

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Who do you use?

Sent from my SM-G900V using TMF Forums mobile app
Business Marketplace. Talk to Deb or Don Watson at Business Marketplace, 336-237-1293 for Don and 413-281-3476 for Deb Watson. Very good company. They can build your site and do the SEO. Expensive? Yep. Worth it? Yep!

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I think the biggest thing to understand about SEO is the overall objective that search engines are trying to measure to when creating their algorithms for ranking

Relevancy and popularity

For example if you created a webpage today on a topic and in a 24 hour period thousands of people searched and went to it then that page would instantly rank for the keywords people searched and found you with. Technically with no "SEO"

So yes there are techniques to SEO a site and somewhat trick the search engines nothing can substitute relevant quality traffic to your site.

So if you want to do your own SEO that's the best place to start. Social media, business listings directories, Adwords, any online marketing you purchase and print advertising. Drive quality traffic to your site and it's the best way to build a sound foundation to your sites SEO and ranking results.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Then of course there's on page optimization

Site titles
Headings
Image tags

Etc etc

Google it

I forgot to mention blogging above, both on your site and on relevant sites linking back to relevant pages

Reactions: russrroberts

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Hire someone! My guy is around 600 to 800 for a site and seo is around 300 ish a month. I think he even does a payment plan... So worth it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I would say it depends on the population size and if the population is continuous in 1 town or spread out over several. Plus do you have an address in the target area?

Google is moving away from link counting and more towards looking at the number of visitors and how long they stay. So going forward its important to include lots of information on your pages/blogs that visitors stay and read it. Articles/videos/pictures etc.
No junk! Better to have 1 good page then 10 junk.

Overall my opinion is to definitely hire someone to build a wordpress site and set you up. Then do it yourself for 6 months and see how it goes.
Might get lucky.

For a 1 town of 100k or less think you can be successful, for miami, dallas etc or trying to cover a dozen towns, forget it.
Too hard for a DIY

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
OK guys and gals - just re-read this thread. If I ran a special for $300 a month for SEO would there be any interest? Only caveat is that your on page MUST be good - if not I would have to charge to fix it.Keep in mind - if your on page sucks your site won't rank well regardless. Might be more for major cities - like "carpet cleaning Los Angeles". Cities like this "might" rank but might need more work and cost more if the $300 package doesn't work.
Why so cheap? Because I have a soft spot for carpet cleaners - you guys need SEO and have low budgets - I'm in a good mood (for now) - I love this board. Don't know how many I could do for this but I will put it out there for now!