I need help please guys.

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
Well, I'll take a shot. I do see what appear to be a few dents, scratches, and a little rust in the pics, but it is pretty clean for a 97. Blue book value for a 97 E350 in excellent shape is around $3200, with private party sale around $2600. That and the truckmount is a 33 blower based unit without catalytic converter or exhaust diverter, and I would not pay more than about $5K. If you're in love with it and must have, maybe $6K. But that's just me.

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
I would say $6000 maximum. Try to talk him down to $4000-$5000. Looks like a nice setup as long as everything runs as good as he says. Looks like it has been well taken care of.

Well, I'll take a shot. I do see what appear to be a few dents, scratches, and a little rust in the pics, but it is pretty clean for a 97. Blue book value for a 97 E350 in excellent shape is around $3200, with private party sale around $2600. That and the truckmount is a 33 blower based unit without catalytic converter or exhaust diverter, and I would not pay more than about $5K. If you're in love with it and must have, maybe $6K. But that's just me.

Todd, you posted your response while I was typing, that's pretty amazing.

bcarpet

Feb 3, 2012
Ohio
Real Name
Bobby Page
Business Location
United States
Wow Dan I am impressed with your knowledge on psi ratings, blower knowledge etc. Did you write that from a book or from memory? Whatever very impressing. Todd I am impressed on your knowledge & ability to tinker with the mechanics on these machines. I have learned a lot from having to work on them but not very knowledegable about rebuilding or doing anything that is not in the book. Sounds like you are very mechanically inclined and use that for your advantage. Good for you. I wish i had the knowledge or desire to mess with truckmounts. I figure as long as i can keep mine (2004 butler cds unit 5.8 blower) working the way it is supposed to thats great. It just blows my mind how smart people are sometime with this stuff. Shane i also think the equipment is nice. You will only learn from getting your hands in there and cleaning some carpets. You are only making money if your wand is sucking rug. Good Luck & Thank You

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
You can't get hurt $7,500 for that rig.
If it is 5 hours away make sure he has a few rooms to clean so you can see everything work for at least a half hour.
Tell him for you to go that high there needs to be a hand tool and a stair tool and he may just have one in the shed.
If you want to chat with an old timer you can call me sometime and I'll give you some details. I am old and I don't type so good.

Sho_Shane

Jul 5, 2011
A, A
Real Name
Shane Benton
Business Location
United States
Anyone else have an opinion? I like the van a lot and it is the best shape one in my price range around here. But I am a single father that does not have a lot of money and is just trying to build up a future for my kids also. I just want a decent van for a decent price.

I want to keep this at the top so as many people as possible will give there opinion on what it's truly worth.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Do you have enough to go to the bank and get $6000 cash? I bet if you were to hold $6000 cold cash in front of the guys face he would snatch it up, The sight of that much cash might just be enough for him to make a deal with you. If not you can always make a deal for what ever amount you can agree on. I think $7500 is a little high, but if that is what it takes to get you into business and if you can afford it I guess do it. I bet you can at least get it down to $7000. Best of luck to you and let us know what happens.