I need help GUYS, or Girls

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
Congrats ASAP! Have you been marketing commercial work are is it just falling into your lap? I need to pick up a few more accounts myself. As Torrey said proceed with caution before you over spend on another set up, I almost bought another van a few years back and am glad I didn't.

The one business with 18 sites came from a referral.

And the other came from yelp...

As far as buying another van and machine now.... I've been wanting to buy one for 6 months now... We've been busy busy busy and I can't get to everyone.... Booked a week out right now....

I get anywhere from 6 to 11 calls everyday.... Today we 9 calls and I know tomorrow I'll get at least 4... I have a guy in mind to run the second van. If it slows down I would have a great back up unit.... I can buy it with out having payments.... But would probably finance the van or machine so I can have a bumper...

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
The one business with 18 sites came from a referral.

And the other came from yelp...

As far as buying another van and machine now.... I've been wanting to buy one for 6 months now... We've been busy busy busy and I can't get to everyone.... Booked a week out right now....

I get anywhere from 6 to 11 calls everyday.... Today we 9 calls and I know tomorrow I'll get at least 4... I have a guy in mind to run the second van. If it slows down I would have a great back up unit.... I can buy it with out having payments.... But would probably finance the van or machine so I can have a bumper...
That's great! Sounds like you are ready for a second van without the contracts. Being able to purchase another setup with the funds available is the way to go. I have a feeling you will be posting about your new Amtex soon.

Reactions: ASAP

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
That's great! Sounds like you are ready for a second van without the contracts. Being able to purchase another setup with the funds available is the way to go. I have a feeling you will be posting about your new Amtex soon.
That's the plan.... I wish there was a guy around here that had one that I could use a couple hours to see how great they really are.

Shockmin

Premium VIP
Mar 23, 2013
Real Name
Jeff
I would just figure how much time you think it will take then figure your cost of doing business and charge accordingly.

I figure one guy with a TM can do that in about 6 hours. ( I've done it many times)

So I would charge around $900.

How many back and forth wet strokes and dry strokes do you do? 6 hours is very fast for 7500 sq ft...

A1CS

Feb 24, 2012
South Dakota
www.A-1CarpetService.com
Real Name
Harold Pastian
Business Location
United States
$850.00 just for that office and there is 17 other locations some are HUGE schools and they sub ALL floors out....there is money to be made there!

They also want BIDS for janitorial service as well....Id have to hire a crap load of people and just may stick to their carpet jobs... They told me if i wanted to give them quotes they were open to it...

Also recieved anther cool call today from a HUGE old folks home..... 600 rooms and LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG hallways!

I don't know what the heck is going on here....I NEVER get commercial jobs and right now they are KNOCKING my door down....

Right place at the RIGHT tyme!

I been getting calls like that lately as well Pete. I blame it on my google reviews ( I am the only one around with positive reviews)

I look at commercial work as pie in the sky, I bid it all the same .20 a sqft regardless of how "Big" it is. (But like Torrey said make sure it all equals out to a decent hourly rate)

That all said I don't get the bids. The lowball bottom feeders can have it. The ONLY commercial work I do is for a residential customer that insists that I clean their office or whatever.

I also agree with Torrey on the point of easy come easy go, Go get temps, make a deal with an agency, I wouldn't hire a soul until my lawyer had a guaranteed contract in my hand.

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
I been getting calls like that lately as well Pete. I blame it on my google reviews ( I am the only one around with positive reviews)

I look at commercial work as pie in the sky, I bid it all the same .20 a sqft regardless of how "Big" it is. (But like Torrey said make sure it all equals out to a decent hourly rate)

That all said I don't get the bids. The lowball bottom feeders can have it. The ONLY commercial work I do is for a residential customer that insists that I clean their office or whatever.

I also agree with Torrey on the point of easy come easy go, Go get temps, make a deal with an agency, I wouldn't hire a soul until my lawyer had a guaranteed contract in my hand.

It's signed sealed and delivered! I got a crazy call yesterday of another facility with 9 Lrg locations....They used to use SM and SS, but they are tiered of the inconsistency.....Thank you hourly carpet cleaners who are in a HURRY!!!!

A1CS

Feb 24, 2012
South Dakota
www.A-1CarpetService.com
Real Name
Harold Pastian
Business Location
United States
It's signed sealed and delivered! I got a crazy call yesterday of another facility with 9 Lrg locations....They used to use SM and SS, but they are tiered of the inconsistency.....Thank you hourly carpet cleaners who are in a HURRY!!!!

Smart man Pete! go get em you deserve it.

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
That's the plan.... I wish there was a guy around here that had one that I could use a couple hours to see how great they really are.
If you want to fly into Vegas for a day or two, I can book a few jobs and you can see the machine.. I have the 30/47 Inferno.