I need a mentor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I need a mentor

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
What a day, I just bought a Sapphire 370SS with a water softener in a 2017 Chevy Van. The van has 14,000 miles and the system has 140 hours. It's something I've always wanted to do and I have the resources to make this a success. I'm can hold my own in the online marketing department and not opposed to mail outs. All the positive input I can get is welcome.
--I've ordered a Bonzer to go rig. I want to do by the room pricing. (I think it works better for the customer to be able to have it in their head what it's going to cost) Because I am offering soft water, a Bonzer and the best chemistry I figured I could ask $ 59.00 a room but maybe that's $ 10.00 bucks too high. I'm in South Jersey. Positive mentors welcome. I believe I will be using JonDon Philly as my supplier.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Congrats. I dont know what your market is like to comment on the per room price but if you feel it's a bit too high you could include protector built into the price in the beginning.

$59 is a likely not too high for a large city, were at $70 here on the west coast... just gotta bring the premium game. Floor blankets, fans, etc

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
SS is basically $ 49.00 a room here. I think I'm positioned to provide a much better product and service. I'm looking to make sure we always bring the premium game. I think its the way to build the business. Because I am a licensed real estate agent in NJ I have daily access to every new listing and sale. I think it's a pretty good data base of prospects that may need carpet cleaning.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
SS is basically $ 49.00 a room here. I think I'm positioned to provide a much better product and service. I'm looking to make sure we always bring the premium game. I think its the way to build the business. Because I am a licensed real estate agent in NJ I have daily access to every new listing and sale. I think it's a pretty good data base of prospects that may need carpet cleaning.
Are you not doing very well with real estate?

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I did well enough that I could retire. At 57 many are looking for a way to slow down. I'm afraid that's a fast path to doing nothing. I prefer a good sweat with a paycheck at the end of the job. It's just who I am.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I started when I was 51ish. Be prepared for the physical toll this work puts on shoulders and such. Everyone I know in the business that has been in it for any length of time complains of shoulder pain. I am no different. At the end of the day my shoulder is screaming! Repetitive motion will do it to you.

Wishing you well.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
As a (Realtor) who specializes in Property Management we do a lot of home repairs and painting. The painting has taken it's toll on my back. I am hopeful the Bonzer isn't as hard on the back as a traditional wand.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Bonzer will definitely help you. I'd say this - it all depends on your marketing strategy.

I started my own after 4 years and I thought since I was "better" than those other companies I could charge more.

I was wrong initially, I needed to get people to call first. They dont honestly care about anything until I show up.

I ask them if they want a "tour" of my truck, and after seeing it, we then do a walk through of their house. They are so impressed with the truck they dont question my pricing at that point.

Attachments

Reactions: burbuja2

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
As a (Realtor) who specializes in Property Management we do a lot of home repairs and painting. The painting has taken it's toll on my back. I am hopeful the Bonzer isn't as hard on the back as a traditional wand.
This is an industry that truly gives back what you put into it. If cleaning is something you intend to do part-time when you're not busy with PM work, then it will generate decent income but it won't reach the potential it would have if it were your main focus.

Go into it with honest, realistic expectations regarding how much of your time and energy you're going to give it versus other things, and you'll do well. Remember the old adage of Good-Fast-Cheap, YOU CAN ONLY PICK TWO.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
That is awesome advice. I am all in on 2: Good & Timely. I will be passing off many of the PM items to my 3 helpers so I can personally develop the carpet cleaning business.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
great to see you taking on this career at your age...
i am 60 and still learning......

i would focus on your realtor property mangagement and clean those first......

diversify and get your chemicals(robs chems)and system down.....
TM and bonzer great start....

pm if you need more info......

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I know a guy who has 40 years in the game, knows how to build a million dollar cleaning company and mentors cleaners worldwide. He also owns www.tmfacademy.com and has never had one student fail.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I know a guy who has 40 years in the game, knows how to build a million dollar cleaning company and mentors cleaners worldwide. He also owns www.tmfacademy.com and has never had one student fail.
that guy Howard Partridge you can join his round table and get the real 411 I think he has an inner circle too.

61qXvsVeVmL._SY300_.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States