I love the Mytee lite 8070 - i want to change vac motor. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I love the Mytee lite 8070 - i want to change vac motor.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
I cleaned alot of wool carpet this week with it. 100 psi was plenty. The single stage vac was great with short hose run, 10 -14 feet. I want to put one dual stage vac in it. Will this be easy, or any consequences. I removed the heater to make it lighter and i dont use it. Is their a 150 psi pump i can swap to.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I cleaned alot of wool carpet this week with it. 100 psi was plenty. The single stage vac was great with short hose run, 10 -14 feet. I want to put one dual stage vac in it. Will this be easy, or any consequences. I removed the heater to make it lighter and i dont use it. Is their a 150 psi pump i can swap to.
Maybe @John LaBarbera can help you.

They are pretty versatile Little machines that's for sure a little bit more vacuum wouldn't hurt you

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I'm
breeze3-3sts_1.jpg
sure you can stuff a few more motors in that thing

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
I just checked Mytee website. It states it already has a 3 stage vac. I didnt know this. Ill open the unit tomorrow and check. I bought this unit for second floor spot removal. I now use it as my carpet cleaner.

Reactions: Ymetimme

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
The 8070 Mytee Lite was designed primarily for mobile auto retailers and for spotting of carpet. It does not lend itself to add or exchange to larger vac motors. I would look for a machine designed with the LX motors already in it. Much easier and less expensive in the long run.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Thanks for reply, I already have 1005LX bought new, i have to figure out why I trip the gfi circuit - 1005DX bought used. one motor not working now but I made a lot of money with it. I’m selling it. LTD5 pump not working but I use it for vac. I’m keeping it and hoping to put a light weight low psi pump in it. The air hog bought new, I love it. I want to get another one. Two Mytee lite 8070, bought new. I removed the heaters and I use a two jet wand and a upholstery tool. I love these units, Mytee water hog with fresh water tank, bought new. A little heavy, wish it had a lighter pump with less psi. I have two water hogs bought used. I love these for backup pumps and I clean a lot of outdoor cushions with these. I hook up the water hose and the water flows through without running the pump.

Reactions: John LaBarbera