I love my rotovac 360 I .. why would I ever use a wand | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I love my rotovac 360 I .. why would I ever use a wand

Ablecarpet1980

Mar 18, 2017
Real Name
Patrick Voncannon
Well you know what they say about opinions but here goes mine. I’ve used both, and a lot of it does come down to preference. I am a CRB and wand guy for a number of reasons. First the fact that most rotaries are cumbersome and don’t get into tight spaces well, I’ve found that any time saved by using a rotary is negated by having to switch back and forth to a wand for edging and the like. Also there is something to the warranty issue with a rotary and even though it will probably never come to that I just have never liked the way it pulled on the carpet, many times I can see the carpet moving and being tugged as I clean. I like how a CRB helps remove stubborn hair and debris that’s not picked up by a vacuum. Many times after I use it I am shocked by all my vacuum misses. Also I have noticed a lot of older cleaners like rotaries because it saves on their shoulders and backs. My father started our business 40 years ago and swears by one. I think he has a hard time making that wanding movement now. At any rate that’s my 2 cents.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I'm no expert... But the couple times I tried a rotary on cgd and commercial situations I really didn't like them. I prefer crb and wand. I haven't tried the brush head though.
Like most tools, they all have a time and a place.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I noticed right away that dry times are drastically improved by using a CRB before extraction. Because pre spray is immediately worked threw all the fibers , stripping out soil and suspending it instead of letting the moisture settle into carpet. It also lifts the pile and separates fibers allowing excess pre spray to dissipate quicker. You really can't go wrong purchasing a CRB. You will never regret it. There really shouldn't even be a debate between rotaries and CRBs. Their completely different tools. Owning a CRB will only increase the quality of your workmanship regardless of what tool you use to extract and will certainly elevate your cleaning game and productivity.

Do your dry times come anywhere near the 2-3 hour mark?

Mr. Esteamy

Jul 9, 2011
California
www.esteamcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Brian Kraut
Business Location
United States
Yes our dry times are always between 2-6 hours. Just depends on the type of carpet , soiling conditions , air flow and relative humidity. We do use fans most of the time as well and will sometimes turn the heat or air on in a house if need be.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I'm no expert... But the couple times I tried a rotary on cgd and commercial situations I really didn't like them. I prefer crb and wand. I haven't tried the brush head though.
Like most tools, they all have a time and a place.

Rotary on cgd is worthless, just like a CRB.

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
Yes our dry times are always between 2-6 hours. Just depends on the type of carpet , soiling conditions , air flow and relative humidity. We do use fans most of the time as well and will sometimes turn the heat or air on in a house if need be.

Did you mean 2-6 hrs or 2-3?

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
On this short video I used my CRB to gain a real estate office /property manager account . The carpet was previosly cleaned by a competitor with a truckmount and 360i. It was also prevacced from my understanding. The tenant moved in with the agreement that the carpet would be recleaned because it smelled like a wet dog and didn't look clean. I hit it with my CRB , bonnet pro revive and the deodorizer from the sample pack. I don't recall the name...the tenant put all of their furniture outside prior to my arrival and were hella happy it wouldn't take ours to dry. I thought about using HWE afterwards but it looked so good I decided against it. Now I have a client for life that is shouting my praises and kicking me down some nice jobs.

Robert Johnson

Oct 30, 2016
Real Name
robert johnson
Bigger homes with miles of carpet Rotovac i or xl if empty... I use a 12 inch with 03 jets carbon fiber less friction than a 14 inch...backed buy a 870ss plenty of heat.. SAVE Your body you will need it in your later years !!!!