I know this has probably been beaten to death..

deossie

Apr 24, 2022
Real Name
monica DeOssie
I have an appointment with a manager in charge of a chain of auto parts store in my area (Colorado). He isn’t happy with the cleaners their subcontractor has sent his way and is looking for a new company.

10 stores with a possibility of 40, strip and wax quarterly, bi-weekly maintenance.
What would you bid on something like this?
How would I break it down?
Strip and wax= .90/sq ft, etc.
maintenance= $250 per visit?

CAsoloCleaner

May 27, 2022
Real Name
Nikko S
Offer options. Maybe he's willing to pay for 10 coats of wax instead of 5, or maybe he only wants 2 coats. Give him a few different prices.
Personally I wouldn't ever set up an account with mandatory stripping quarterly, that makes no sense at all and sounds like someone doesn't understand how to maintain the floor, are you letting a store manager tell you, the professional, how to maintain his floors? You tell him how it works and make sure you have justifications. If you strip the floor clean, then wax them with enough coats, all it should ever require for years is a clean and recoat with maybe a quick highspeed here and there.

Also if you're talking about a lot of consistent work, is there any way to get the store manager to let you do a single test strip and wax before committing to the whole contract? See exactly how long it takes you and give the most informed price possible because it honestly seems like you're just guessing random numbers without having inputs. Are you using a truckmount or all portable equipment? What's your cost per hour to run a truckmount? What's your cost per hour on labor? Gas (costing me an extra $5k this year) and chemical per job?