I just bought this from you guys. CAN YA FIX? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I just bought this from you guys. CAN YA FIX?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Here's a different method, if you grind the tip of a 5/16 or 8mm Allen socket into a flat blade screwdriver point, you can easily tap it into broke off 1/4" brass fittings and use a ratchet to quickly remove them on the job. I break off quite a few over the life of the tool because I like female QC's on my wands, no matter how hard I try not to. I stick with brass on wands because I want it to bust before the SS valve does.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Here's a different method, if you grind the tip of a 5/16 or 8mm Allen socket into a flat blade screwdriver point, you can easily tap it into broke off 1/4" brass fittings and use a ratchet to quickly remove them on the job. I break off quite a few over the life of the tool because I like female QC's on my wands, no matter how hard I try not to. I stick with brass on wands because I want it to bust before the SS valve does.
Stop @ Jim Davisson. I got lost at " Here is a different method...is the allen socket grade 9 or higher ?
I don't consider myself mechanically inclined, but with help of think tanks and superior determination to save , in last 10 years , I spent close to nothing to support mechanics . I wish I had Hercules muscles, I would figure out way to get TM inside of my van.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Stop @ Jim Davisson. I got lost at " Here is a different method...is the allen socket grade 9 or higher ?
I don't consider myself mechanically inclined, but with help of think tanks and superior determination to save , in last 10 years , I spent close to nothing to support mechanics . I wish I had Hercules muscles, I would figure out way to get TM inside of my van.
Cmon Lucky, couple tyres and some planks of wood get that TM in the van quick as!!
Just like the Egyptians built the pyramids mate haha

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Cmon Lucky, couple tyres and some planks of wood get that TM in the van quick as!!
Just like the Egyptians built the pyramids mate haha
The problem is, no Egyptians around. I've survived Polar vortex with a cracked demand pump, how are you dealing with a scorching heat?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Case and point for keeping an easy out and spare hex nipples on the truck, look what happened to my friend today.