I just bought this from you guys. CAN YA FIX?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I'll look in to it. However, the issue is I shouldn't have to do any of that to begin with.

I never used it. Yet, the threads broke as if it were a Mytee product.

Just bummed because I was excited to use that bad boy after seeing all the reviews and hype.

I don't really have time to fix it.. and honestly I'm not too confident in my ability to do it correctly.
It will take longer to drive to Lowe's than it will to fix it. You could have the tool back in operation in 30 minutes.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I'll look in to it. However, the issue is I shouldn't have to do any of that to begin with.

I never used it. Yet, the threads broke as if it were a Mytee product.

Just bummed because I was excited to use that bad boy after seeing all the reviews and hype.

I don't really have time to fix it.. and honestly I'm not too confident in my ability to do it correctly.
Yes it stinks you need to do a repair on something new but it is what it is. Is it TMF's fault? UPS's fault? The manufacture's fault? Who knows but it needs fixed, I am sure if you drove over to Rob's shop with it he would fix it for you but since he is probably 1,000 miles from you it is just easier to do it yourself. Once you have the tool and the nipple you need it will probably take you less time to fix it than it took you to create this thread.

Reactions: PistolPete

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I am insanely Furious about my recent purchase of the $800 Turbo Force hybrid spinner I bought from you guys.

Oh and behold, I pull it from the box, load it up, and away I go. I connect it to clean tile for a client. They come running out of their home screaming that water is going everywhere.

Any thoughts on how your repairmen can fix this? Not replacing the part oh, I'm sure I can manage. How can we fix the issue with a potential lawsuit against my company.
ThxView attachment 82642View attachment 82643
I wish i couldve seen their faces when that hose started spraying lol

what pressure was it set at

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
It will take longer to drive to Lowe's than it will to fix it. You could have the tool back in operation in 30 minutes.
where have all the men gone that can turn a simple fitting! lol

Reactions: SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I was caught up in the moment. My anger got the best of me and I did not handle this situation maturely nor professionally.

I do apologize, Sir @RobAllen
It's ok. If this was the worst thing that anyone online that ever did and said to me I'd be doing pretty well in life.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'd just like to add that I have never liked those type of fittings. They do make one that is threaded on both sides but has a place for a wrench in the middle of it. Those are the ONLY type I will ever buy. They are heavier metal and I've never seen one break. I also have had problems with those type that are threaded all the way across breaking. Fortunately, it wasn't serious. I DO THINK those threaded all the way across ARE PRONE TO BREAK! It was a poor choice on the manufacturer's part, but not deliberate I'm sure. The cost difference between the 2 I'm talking about is insignificant. Also, I personally recommend Teflon tape on all fittings like that, not Loctite. This will make them significantly easier to service when the time comes to remove them. This is something like I'm talking about. Never had a problem with these and they're far easier to remove as well as much more durable.

I recently had a problem with my Hydroforce caused by the failure of the pressure gun valve. This is the one and only time this has happened since I've been using a Hydroforce over 20 years. Normally I do turn my ball valve off when I'm starting out any job no matter what is attached to my solution line, but I failed this time! I went in to start cleaning after starting my machine and it was squirting prespray all over the carpet.:eek: I got to it quick enough so that it wasn't a disaster. This was at my sister's house so I don't think she'd sue me for it anyway. ;)

Last edited:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yes it stinks you need to do a repair on something new but it is what it is. Is it TMF's fault? UPS's fault? The manufacture's fault? Who knows but it needs fixed, I am sure if you drove over to Rob's shop with it he would fix it for you but since he is probably 1,000 miles from you it is just easier to do it yourself. Once you have the tool and the nipple you need it will probably take you less time to fix it than it took you to create this thread.
IMHO the answer is NONE OF THE ABOVE. The only mistake that the manufacturer made is choosing a poor fitting. I also have seen that type fail on me more than once. There definitely is a better fitting made that's heavier metal with a place to put a wrench in the middle. My advice is never buy anything else. Stay clear of those male fittings threaded all the way across. They're an accident just waiting to happen!

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
We have all bought stuff that didn’t work out as it should and out of frustration said or did something we regret later. We’re all carpet cleaners after all.
Trust me my first extractor hose popped off and shot water on the clients TV lol

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Like others have mentioned I would pick up an easy out. Even if you don’t use it for this particular project all carpet cleaners should have an easy out in their tool box. I can’t count how many times I’ve had a fitting break either on a tool, a hose, or even the machine and I had to use the easy out. An easy out can turn a nightmare job stopper into a 5 minute fix.

I also only use the brass “hex nipples” like Randy pictured above. They are $5 each at the Home Depot or what ever hardware store you go to. I pick up hex nipples a half dozen at a time and keep them in my tool box.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Like others have mentioned I would pick up an easy out. Even if you don’t use it for this particular project all carpet cleaners should have an easy out in their tool box. I can’t count how many times I’ve had a fitting break either on a tool, a hose, or even the machine and I had to use the easy out. An easy out can turn a nightmare job stopper into a 5 minute fix.

I also only use the brass “hex nipples” like Randy pictured above. They are $5 each at the Home Depot or what ever hardware store you go to. I pick up hex nipples a half dozen at a time and keep them in my tool box.
The one pictured above is only 1.74. For 5 bucks you should be getting stainless steel I'd imagine. That would be even better like @SRD mentioned. Brass is a much weaker metal. I know I've purchased the brass around here for 2 or 3 bucks.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
In field repairs I’ve learned on new or old equipment is a must know. I started carrying tools, and misc parts early on after a few bad experiences.

Reactions: wandwizard

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I had my auxillery fuel pump go out in the middle of a job. Fortunately I have a spare on the truck.
10 mins later I was back in business.
Spare belts, QD's, GH o rings etc.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Personally I'd rather the nipple take the hit, at $2, than the swivel for $60.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Did you get this resolved? My son gets mad at em for trying to help when he has a complete “system” for shipping and customer service reps. Here is what he gave me to give to all client inquiries.

I don’t handle the store, shipping or financing. My son does and he mans the live chat on tmfshop.net. He also handles the support email @ support@truckmountforums.com.

Or call the 800 number

‭(800) 949-7726‬

Now if you have a technical question about cleaning I’m your man. Internet that’s the newer generation.

That all being said I just can’t help myself at times. I’ve always been an over deliverer for customer service. Let me know!

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Rob thanks for being a over deliver. Its made you successful

Pistol Pete thanks for the video. I learned from a a lot of tips from it. Is that bad sbf in a mustang? Look awemsome

Reactions: PistolPete